Savannah ST Post Game...EDIT: Brevin is the shizt.

**** any word on the severity? Can’t lose both Jackson’s for an extended period.
No one mentioned it in the post game conference so hopefully it wasn’t a big deal. Not sure if he went back in the game afterwards

Advertisement
I like Jennings waaaaaay more than Shaq. He’s far more talented, quicker, and you can tell he’s going to be a classic, ultra talented UM Mike. He diagnoses plays and gets there in a hurry. He just needs the experience

Shaq is aversge for Miami standards. And that’s just another way of saying, he’s not even close to a game changing linebacker

why amari carter doesn't see the field more is beyond me

yet there's knowles out there

this staff has me convinced that they wanna be known as being so bright and intelligent doing things the average fan would never see

meanwhile the average fan is over here like, "why the **** isn't so and so playing more"
I’m convinced knowles won’t sniff the field at ucf/fau

Advertisement
Brevin has proven to be similar to Herndon. I would love to see him grow to a point where he is stretching the field as well.

I criticized him from the get go, but he is proving me wrong so far..

Advertisement
Kosi making quicker decisions will also help with taking some pressure off the RBs. Rosier thinks he can take a nap and wake up and throw the ball. Kosi and Jarren just look the part. Rosier is lying to himself. He will never play a down in the NFL.
I've been curious how people would look at yesterday. Definitely kosi & jarren looked the best. But clear as day jarren is superior. Just watching jarren progress through his reads than make the right throw says tons. On the play pope fell down that was a td with ease. That first throw he made should sum it all up. They had a backer underneath a safety over top & a corner on him. He actually put touch on the throw to where the backer was out of the play the reciever shielded the safety & the throw was outside shoulder to eliminate the corner. It was a throw we havent seen here in far too long. Before people say well look at what we are playing that is irrelevant. Our competition is rarely nothing but ourselves. We dont execute as a team. With either nkosi or jarren were finally able to do that.

I've been curious how people would look at yesterday. Definitely kosi & jarren looked the best. But clear as day jarren is superior. Just watching jarren progress through his reads than make the right throw says tons. On the play pope fell down that was a td with ease. That first throw he made should sum it all up. They had a backer underneath a safety over top & a corner on him. He actually put touch on the throw to where the backer was out of the play the reciever shielded the safety & the throw was outside shoulder to eliminate the corner. It was a throw we havent seen here in far too long. Before people say well look at what we are playing that is irrelevant. Our competition is rarely nothing but ourselves. We dont execute as a team. With either nkosi or jarren were finally able to do that.

I saw the same thing. Very small sample set, but you just can't teach the accuracy and fluidity that Williams brings. That said, I predict Richt brings on Perry and redshirts Williams. Perry can handle any of the teams we face going forward, and we need to establish a clear #2 to challenge Rosier. He needs more reps to improve his field vision and not stare down receivers. No reason to rush Williams to damage team morale, set off a QB transfer exodus and create any entitlement issues in the future.

I'd like the transition to happen ASAP. But knowing Richt is approaching this calmly and programmatically, here's what I'm expecting to see:
* Toledo: Rosier 60% / Perry 30% / Weldon 10%
* FIU, Rosier 45% / Perry 45% / Weldon 10%
* UNC Rosier 30% / Perry 60% / Weldon 10%

I think Rosier stays the starter with increasingly limited reps until Perry earns the job based on game success. Wouldn't be surprised if Rosier continues to go in on the first few series the entire season, at least until if/when he truly screws up.

I saw the same thing. Very small sample set, but you just can't teach the accuracy and fluidity that Williams brings. That said, I predict Richt brings on Perry and redshirts Williams. Perry can handle any of the teams we face going forward, and we need to establish a clear #2 to challenge Rosier. He needs more reps to improve his field vision and not stare down receivers. No reason to rush Williams to damage team morale, set off a QB transfer exodus and create any entitlement issues in the future.

I'd like the transition to happen ASAP. But knowing Richt is approaching this calmly and programmatically, here's what I'm expecting to see:
* Toledo: Rosier 60% / Perry 30% / Weldon 10%
* FIU, Rosier 45% / Perry 45% / Weldon 10%
* UNC Rosier 30% / Perry 60% / Weldon 10%

I think Rosier stays the starter with increasingly limited reps until Perry earns the job based on game success. Wouldn't be surprised if Rosier continues to go in on the first few series the entire season, at least until if/when he truly screws up.
Problem with that is in reality were just prolonging the exact problem we really created with malik. Yes its progress from malik. However it's a given jarren is our future. By starting anyone but him without getting him adequate experience this year than were just gonna be in this same spot next year. We need to know hes ready to take the reigns. Redshirting him may happen but it wont help.it would be different if we had a player that was equally on his page. Than start one & redshirt the other. But in our instance hes far better than any other option.

Problem with that is in reality were just prolonging the exact problem we really created with malik. Yes its progress from malik. However it's a given jarren is our future. By starting anyone but him without getting him adequate experience this year than were just gonna be in this same spot next year. We need to know hes ready to take the reigns. Redshirting him may happen but it wont help.it would be different if we had a player that was equally on his page. Than start one & redshirt the other. But in our instance hes far better than any other option.

I don't know, Dee, you are the one close to the program, so your opinion is the one that counts. But my take is that Richt is doing the right thing. If we can see Williams is the obvious QB of the future for us, he can see it, too. But Williams has to earn it. Richt rightly says "if you want to be the man you've got to beat the man". Nothing coming out of Fall practice suggested Williams had proven he is the better QB today, that he DESERVES to be the man right now. Lots of reasons for that. But it doesn't matter. If Perry is more ready this season, then you run with him.

It's the same reason Richt didn't play the 3 freshmen vs. LSU. Rosier won 10 games for us last year, beat FSU, Va Tech, Notre Dame. He stunk up the field at times, but he won. These other guys need to beat out Rosier, they can't be entitled to reps just because they're naturally better and more gifted. Rosier seems a lot like Jim Plunkett to me. Never a good NFL QB, yet no one managed to unseat him. And you don't play someone who is unproven at Miami until he can prove himself. It's conservative philosophy, for sure. But there's logic to it.

Advertisement
i would keep the same rotation this upcoming week. at FIU, however, i would start perry and then bring in Williams so that Williams is ready for UNC.

That first throw by Jarren was an NFL throw; very impressive. Kosi's rocket to Cager on the slant td was nice. Kosi's first touchdown to Brevin was smooth. All of these throws Rosier will miss 80% of the time. Kosi looked more in charge. I loved his acceleration on one of his runs. From an overall complete game or skills, I have to give a slight edge to Kosi.

Advertisement
I don't know, Dee, you are the one close to the program, so your opinion is the one that counts. But my take is that Richt is doing the right thing. If we can see Williams is the obvious QB of the future for us, he can see it, too. But Williams has to earn it. Richt rightly says "if you want to be the man you've got to beat the man". Nothing coming out of Fall practice suggested Williams had proven he is the better QB today, that he DESERVES to be the man right now. Lots of reasons for that. But it doesn't matter. If Perry is more ready this season, then you run with him.

It's the same reason Richt didn't play the 3 freshmen vs. LSU. Rosier won 10 games for us last year, beat FSU, Va Tech, Notre Dame. He stunk up the field at times, but he won. These other guys need to beat out Rosier, they can't be entitled to reps just because they're naturally better and more gifted. Rosier seems a lot like Jim Plunkett to me. Never a good NFL QB, yet no one managed to unseat him. And you don't play someone who is unproven at Miami until he can prove himself. It's conservative philosophy, for sure. But there's logic to it.

Richt is becoming a coach who plays not to lose than playing to win. I think he wants to toss Rosier but won't because he told Rosier he was the man before camp. Richt doesn't want to look like a hypocrite and destroy Rosiers confidence for future games in case the freshmen don't pan out if he made the move now.

I actually think Richt is using this soft part of the schedule to get the young guys ready and if they have proven enough, he will bench Rosier. Rosier is worried because he likes to keep reminding us he is the starter. This mf is fish bait when we get to ACC play. We will need to score points this year because the defense is not dominant as last years. And this three and out and Hail Mary offense from last year is something I think Richt does not want to go through again.

I like Jennings waaaaaay more than Shaq. He’s far more talented, quicker, and you can tell he’s going to be a classic, ultra talented UM Mike. He diagnoses plays and gets there in a hurry. He just needs the experience

Shaq is aversge for Miami standards. And that’s just another way of saying, he’s not even close to a game changing linebacker

I like Shaq's attitude but his game does not match it. Seeing that tiny SSt RB bounce off him and run the other way for the first down sucked. I was hoping he would be taking over games by year 3 and he has not and may never.

That first throw by Jarren was an NFL throw; very impressive. Kosi's rocket to Cager on the slant td was nice. Kosi's first touchdown to Brevin was smooth. All of these throws Rosier will miss 80% of the time. Kosi looked more in charge. I loved his acceleration on one of his runs. From an overall complete game or skills, I have to give a slight edge to Kosi.
I can respect that & its apples to oranges at a certain point. But I look at the qb position by what they do with their arms first & foremost. My only issue is poise basically. That dig if I remember correct was a beautiful throw by kosi. Seems when hes asked to throw certain routes that allow him to sling it he excels. It's when hes asked to finesse stuff i question him. But i do certainly believe that with experience he can pick that up in all likelihood. For instance that fade route that he threw to my nephew in the end zone. It wasnt even close to where that ball needed to be. Mainly because he just zipped it out there. At the same token the fade that jarren threw to evidence left plenty to be desired too. Neither was where it needs to be but jarrens seemed more like timing than anything else. TO BE CLEAR IM HAPPY WITH EITHER OF THEM. But I dont think malik or cade should be involved at this moment moving forward(basing it off of last game) case has alot more talent than he showed last game. My issue with him is like my one issue with kosi. Neither of them showed the ability to look off a defender. There is a cerebral aspect to this game especially at the qb position. We cant just throw the ball to where you stare. Otherwise even at that level of comp it's a simple pick.

I can respect that & its apples to oranges at a certain point. But I look at the qb position by what they do with their arms first & foremost. My only issue is poise basically. That dig if I remember correct was a beautiful throw by kosi. Seems when hes asked to throw certain routes that allow him to sling it he excels. It's when hes asked to finesse stuff i question him. But i do certainly believe that with experience he can pick that up in all likelihood. For instance that fade route that he threw to my nephew in the end zone. It wasnt even close to where that ball needed to be. Mainly because he just zipped it out there. At the same token the fade that jarren threw to evidence left plenty to be desired too. Neither was where it needs to be but jarrens seemed more like timing than anything else. TO BE CLEAR IM HAPPY WITH EITHER OF THEM. But I dont think malik or cade should be involved at this moment moving forward(basing it off of last game) case has alot more talent than he showed last game. My issue with him is like my one issue with kosi. Neither of them showed the ability to look off a defender. There is a cerebral aspect to this game especially at the qb position. We cant just throw the ball to where you stare. Otherwise even at that level of comp it's a simple pick.

On the TD slant to Cager, Kosi started off the play looking to his right then turned and zipped in backside to Cager. Not saying he regularly looks off safeties because I definitely noticed him staring down the wr for the most part of the game. But that TD was at least encouraging that he is capable. With time he should get better at it but he needs game reps.

Advertisement
Back