Saturday 2/10 4PM ESPN - NC(-4.5) @ MIA

Advertisement
Quick thoughts:
-this game was ours. We lost it, UNC didn’t win it
-that final shot by Pack sums it all up. That’s it?
-too many guys aren’t at 100% and it’s showing. Matt? The invisible man
-Wooga is still hurt and it’s affecting his game. But he’s regressed since the season began and is really borderline unplayable
-poor game by Benz. Too much Jekyll/Hyde these past few for me
-full rubbish mode to start the 2nd half. Wooga bricking wide open shots and Pack just dribbling around outside the arc before firing up misses
-credit to Jakai. About the only one who hustled all the time
-we only dance by all but winning the conference tournament
-this team just isn’t very good
-something is just off. Is it attitude? Effort? NiL? League auditioning? L doesn’t look like he’s enjoying himself at all

Cannot wait to leave this backwards conference. I can live with losing games, it's the fact that I feel as if we are consistently playing 8 on 5 whenever we play anyone on Tobacco road that is exhausting. Amazing how Omier has a dude clearly over his back, hooking him up, no foul. Wooga gets pushed in the air on a strong take, no call. Miami didn't help themselves, but there's a reason why L had that look on his face late. Give us a chance to compete.

Quick thoughts:
-Wooga is still hurt and it’s affecting his game. But he’s regressed since the season began and is really borderline unplayable
-full rubbish mode to start the 2nd half. Wooga bricking wide open shots and Pack just dribbling around outside the arc before firing up misses
-something is just off. Is it attitude? Effort? NiL? League auditioning? L doesn’t look like he’s enjoying himself at all
I haven’t wanted a season to end this badly in a long time. The entire program, top to bottom, needs to be assessed

Advertisement
That last call summed up why I'm done with the ACC and with the powers that be. No matter what happened, those zebras had it locked in that UNC was getting that ball. They first called it out on Miami, when anyone with two working eyes could see that wasn't the case. Once that went away, an iffy lane violation. I've been watching and playing basketball for decades, it's rare you see that call, especially when it isn't extremely clear. You usually have to be the first on the ball for that call to get made.

Quick thoughts:
Honestly I think this is who each player always was. Miller and Wong just were the parts that made it all click. They’re gone and now this is the team dynamic without them.

It may have been a correct call but it’s the type of play that happens all the time and goes overlooked unless it’s egregious, which it wasn’t. Like palming the ball.
Also, I didn’t know that specifically was reviewable but I didn’t think they called live did they?

Cannot wait to leave this backwards conference. I can live with losing games, it's the fact that I feel as if we are consistently playing 8 on 5 whenever we play anyone on Tobacco road that is exhausting. Amazing how Omier has a dude clearly over his back, hooking him up, no foul. Wooga gets pushed in the air on a strong take, no call. Miami didn't help themselves, but there's a reason why L had that look on his face late. Give us a chance to compete.
And which conference is going to give Miami a more favorable whistle, the SEC, the BIG? Good luck with that.

Advertisement
Quick thoughts:
Cleveland is 75%.

Frustrating loss. If Miami played with that effort more consistently, they’d be 9-4 and not 6-7 in the ACC right now. But this team is lazy and selfish too often.

Also, not sure what’s up with the bench rotations (Watson one game, Djobet another, now Robinson out of no where), but Robinson looked playable today. Let’s give him a chance down the stretch.

Quick thoughts:
He isn't. How can you have 8 players threaten to portal out after going to the Final Four? Then you have kids thinking NBA more than about the upcoming season. Pack, Wooga and Cleveland are 75%. Wooga was in a boot all week. George out. Too many minutes which is impacting play. Kids did not bad in. Effort was good after first 5 minutes. That technical really changed the momentum and it was way uphill from there. That no call on Baucot was a dagger. too.

Advertisement
Quick thoughts:
Jakai did hustle out there. Gotta give him props for that as it has rarely resulted in PT.

During the OOC, Wooga was an assertive #1 option on offense. Ever since, more like our fourth scoring option after Omier, Pack, Cleveland (and maybe even George). Don't think we can lay that ALL on his turned ankle back in late December. Not sure being THE team leader is in his makeup. Even as a complementary piece, though, he should be capable of a lot more production.

It was a valiant effort. UNC is better than us and there's no doubt about it. This just isn't going to be one of those years.

The basketball gods have to come to collect for the last 3 years of bountiful harvest.

The guys tried really hard. They just are what they are and we didn't have the luck necessary for the success that we wanted.

I'm not mad at these guys anymore.

Advertisement
If anything, L might have learned not to play guys 37 minutes per game. Every game. That takes its toll even on healthy players. We’re not healthy.

Jakai gave us quality minutes. I like Casey/Nwoko in for Cleveland; leaving Omier on the court. Djobet has shown he belongs.

Yes, our bench isn’t stellar. But they’re capable of giving us enough minutes to give the starters some much needed rest.

If anything, L might have learned not to play guys 37 minutes per game. Every game. That takes its toll even on healthy players. We’re not healthy.

Jakai gave us quality minutes. I like Casey/Nwoko in for Cleveland; leaving Omier on the court. Djobet has shown he belongs.

Yes, our bench isn’t stellar. But they’re capable of giving us enough minutes to give the starters some much needed rest.
The bench has shown some signs of life lately, especially defensively. I don’t understand why Djobet didn’t play at all yesterday. He’s proven himself capable of being a solid energy piece.

36 minutes for Joseph is WAY too much. He’s been a net liability more often than not for much of ACC play.

The bench has shown some signs of life lately, especially defensively. I don’t understand why Djobet didn’t play at all yesterday. He’s proven himself capable of being a solid energy piece.

36 minutes for Joseph is WAY too much. He’s been a net liability more often than not for much of ACC play.
I suspect L is trying send a message to the starters about effort on defense. Jakai did that for him yesterday. He was almost playing at another speed on the defensive end. It's what you'd expect from PT-starved players on the bench.

Is Watson injured?

Advertisement
Back