Satellite camps unbanned

This is great for South Florida kids because it gives our kids that many more chances to develop relationships with coaches and schools around the country that they wouldn't be exposed to otherwise. It also gives these schools a better opportunity to evaluate the local kids and make the right offers.

I don't want the only reason a kid comes to Miami to be that he hasn't seen anywhere else before.

Miami will be fine, we just have to compete a little harder for the kids.

B.S!

Advertisement
Yeah, because Nebraska, Tennessee and other schools of similar ilk are extremely concerned about the plight of the disadvantaged soFla kid.
Have you bothered to even look at the roster of schools in the Big10, Big12 and even Pac10 schools? SoFla kids litter those rosters....been that way for decades......this is about setting up affiliate high schools in soFla and poaching the type of talent that we get..

Yeah, because Nebraska, Tennessee and other schools of similar ilk are extremely concerned about the plight of the disadvantaged soFla kid.
Have you bothered to even look at the roster of schools in the Big10, Big12 and even Pac10 schools? SoFla kids litter those rosters....been that way for decades......this is about setting up affiliate high schools in soFla and poaching the type of talent that we get..

Sometimes the best thing for a kid is to get away for school. Not every kid, but some kids really are better off leaving and going elsewhere for college. It's OK, we'll still get plenty of good players to come to Miami. But you gotta let the kids be exposed to their options and make their own decisions.

This is great for South Florida kids because it gives our kids that many more chances to develop relationships with coaches and schools around the country that they wouldn't be exposed to otherwise. It also gives these schools a better opportunity to evaluate the local kids and make the right offers.

I don't want the only reason a kid comes to Miami to be that he hasn't seen anywhere else before.

B.S!

So what, you want to disenfranchise these kids, repress them, not let them explore their options and make informed decisions? Too bad it ain't up to you. I love Miami but I want these kids to go to the best school for them period point blank, and so should you.

Advertisement
Every major P5 program will be "adopting" a soFla hs program as their satellite school much like MLB teams have minor league affiliates.
This is terrible news for UM football, and that is all I care about.

Well, if it is going to obviously hurt Miami football then you know for sure the NCAA and the national press will be all about unbanning them.

Every major P5 program will be "adopting" a soFla hs program as their satellite school much like MLB teams have minor league affiliates.
exactly, but we can also do it as well

FACT. What the **** is up with this wishy washy BS.

Again, we do not have unlimited resources and ridiculous booster support to put us on an even keel with huge state programs coming down here to try and "influence" our recruits even more than they already do...

Last edited:
The ACC and SEC should blanket Michigan with camps just to **** Harbaugh off.

exactly, but we can also do it as well

FACT. What the **** is up with this wishy washy BS.

Again, we do not have unlimited resources and ridiculous booster support to put us on an even keel with huge state programs coming down here to try and "influence" our recruits even more than they already do...

+1 because I agree with you entirely because we can't compete with other schools with our funding but there's no reason why we can't use the resources we do have to dominate the tri state area with camps and maybe a central Florida camp here and there

Last edited:
Advertisement

Wtf? **** all that noise. This sucks for us in the sense that recruiting just got more difficult.

Wtf? **** all that noise. This sucks for us in the sense that recruiting just got more difficult.

That stooge has to be a troll, probably a u***gian.

Advertisement
This sucks. Just adds more cost to our one advantage. Every big time program will adopt a school and practically set up shop there forcing us to fight harder for recruits.

Our one advantage was that we didn't need to set up shop anywhere else in the country. That advantage has just become more leveled and not to our benefit.

I don't think a local recruit will opt to go to a school OOS over local schools, unless it's a special case. This will hurt the FAU's & FIU's because schools like Purdue or Arizona (lower level power 5 schools) will take the 3-star gems away.

I give zero ****s. Winning has, and will always solve everything. Kids still grow up watching UM and visiting our campus all the time. Not to mention their families, friends, and loved ones aren't going anywhere.

WIN FVCKIN BALLGAMES ALREADY, AND BUILD A STADIUM TO CALL OUR OWN - JESUS CHRIST!Z!mjhfsdnknfs

Advertisement
UGA and Michigan partnering for a camp in Atlanta... interesting:

For Atlanta satellite camp, Georgia to partner with… Michigan? – CollegeFootballTalk

For those who think the Trump and Clinton supporters can’t find some common ground (they can’t), take note.

In “The Great Satellite Camp Debate of 2016,” Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh took exception to some of the comments made by his counterpart at Georgia, Kirby Smart, saying “he is barking up the wrong tree” with the implication there is “any intent on our part to break rules.” Thursday, the NCAA put that issue to rest (for now) by rescinding a ban on satellite camps that had caused the Smart/Harbaugh sniping in the first place.

Just a few hours after the ban was lifted, it was announced that Smart’s coaching staff would be one of two featured at an Atlanta-area camp. The other? Lucifer, grab your skates.

While many will be stunned at this “dog dates cat” development, it’s not that shocking.

“That whole thing got so overblown,” Smart, per DawgNation.com, said at an event in Dallas a week ago. “Because he and I, he and staff members from his staff had communicated. That’s a big deal to the media, big deal to you guys. But in the coaching profession we’re a bit more light-hearted about it.”

This sucks. Just adds more cost to our one advantage. Every big time program will adopt a school and practically set up shop there forcing us to fight harder for recruits.

Our one advantage was that we didn't need to set up shop anywhere else in the country. That advantage has just become more leveled and not to our benefit.

Everything is done for miami never tk rise and they keep on doing it to us. Im already used to it

Advertisement
Back