Satellite camps unbanned

Advertisement
We dont have to go anywhere and when we start winning this year, only the kids in sfla that we're not interested in will attend those "camps". Its a win win imo.

Every major P5 program will be "adopting" a soFla hs program as their satellite school much like MLB teams have minor league affiliates.
This is terrible news for UM football, and that is all I care about.

Every major P5 program will be "adopting" a soFla hs program as their satellite school much like MLB teams have minor league affiliates.
exactly, but we can also do it as well

Advertisement
They read this board and realized, "Hey, this appears to be a good thing for UM. QUICK!! OVERTURN IT!!!!"

Not really, at least not on the level of a major P5 school in soFla.
This is really bad.

Cali/Texas should be 1st on our list
No disrespect but making sure our high schools have our camp instead of other people's should be number 1

Schools have been doing these satellite camps for a long time. Why is it suddenly going to be a big deal? Hasn't hurt UM yet.

The bigger problem is P5 teams spending a week on a HS campus like Michigan did at IMG. That's the thing they need to stop.

Advertisement
Schools have been doing these satellite camps for a long time. Why is it suddenly going to be a big deal? Hasn't hurt UM yet.

The bigger problem is P5 teams spending a week on a HS campus like Michigan did at IMG. That's the thing they need to stop.
yea the rule should clearly state it needs to be a neutral site and not at a school. That's what I would be worried about, somebody setting up shop there, STA, AH, or any school like that would spell trouble for the home program(s) everywhere.

yea the rule should clearly state it needs to be a neutral site and not at a school. That's what I would be worried about, somebody setting up shop there, STA, AH, or any school like that would spell trouble for the home program(s) everywhere.

Well.....guess what?

Some major conferences and schools will need satellite camps moving forward to remain competitive with teams in southeast USA. I'm sure they are the powers that lobbied the ncaa to reconsider.

Well.....guess what?
Yea I know, it doesn't state that and probably never will

Advertisement

Not really, at least not on the level of a major P5 school in soFla.
This is really bad.

Cali/Texas should be 1st on our list
No disrespect but making sure our high schools have our camp instead of other people's should be number 1

I realize that sofla schools should get the bulk of our time.
But if we were to go out of state Texass/Cali even Louisiana wouldn't be bad choices to hold a satellite camps. that's all

In other related news...

[TWEET]725754282599800833[/TWEET]

[TWEET]725766906267869184[/TWEET]

[TWEET]725767559874633728[/TWEET]

If you didn't know...previously ACC/SEC didn't allow schools within their conference to do satellite camps, which was the biggest reason why everyone (within the conferences) was ****ed Jim Harbaugh was doing it right in their faces.

Advertisement
In other related news...

If you didn't know...previously ACC/SEC didn't allow schools within their conference to do satellite camps, which was the biggest reason why everyone (within the conferences) was ****ed Jim Harbaugh was doing it right in their faces.

So what you are saying is the entire ACC and SEC should form a line to open camps around Michigan and Ohio?

NCAA sure ran scared on this when they thought they were going to be sued for discrimination against certain players who 'wouldn't have a chance to be seen' due to their ruling. What a joke they are.

This is great for South Florida kids because it gives our kids that many more chances to develop relationships with coaches and schools around the country that they wouldn't be exposed to otherwise. It also gives these schools a better opportunity to evaluate the local kids and make the right offers.

I don't want the only reason a kid comes to Miami to be that he hasn't seen anywhere else before.

Miami will be fine, we just have to compete a little harder for the kids.

Advertisement
Back