Sandland Commits to Miami

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
Al Golden’s message is getting clearer by the day, he wants to win right now. After picking up Junior College LB/DE Devante Bond last week, Miami has secured a commitment from the top JuCo tight end in the county

Pierce Community College (Ca.) TE Beau Sandland committed to the University of Miami on Wednesday afternoon and is excited to get down there as soon as possible.

Sandland committed to Miami for several reasons including the relationship he had with the coaches.

“I felt really comfortable with Coach Golden, Coach Fisch, and Coach Carroll. I like how they run the Pro-style offense with all the experience coach Fisch has and I just felt very comfortable, somewhere I could see myself playing two years.”

Sandland was recruited by Tight Ends coach Brennan Caroll and offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch.

“I talked mostly with Coach Carroll and Coach Fisch, I think they are great guys.”

The #1 JUCO Tight End visited Miami recently and talked about what it was like to be in Miami.

“I just felt really comfortable. I love Coral Gables, love the weather, the city, the campus. It’s really the people that make the place.”

Sandland will be arriving in Miami early next year and has already set some goals.

“First and foremost I want to get acclimated and then try and learn as much as I can as quick as I can. Obviously I’m behind the ball coming in there because of all the other tight ends. I want to try to compete from day one and play tight end.”

Another factor that helped Miami seem like a more perfect fit for the JUCO prospect was its rich history of great tight ends.

“Yeah, It something that I looked up and really intrigued me.”

Sandland will enroll at the University of Miami in January.

Advertisement
182.gif

Advertisement
This is a huge pick-up for the Canes. Gives us a nice 1-2 punch at TE with Warlord. I'm liking the direction of the offense.

Really like that he will be here in January, go thru Utough, spring ball, etc. Kid is going to ball out.

Appreciate the info Tito

Advertisement
This was a huge get right here.

Many had hopes, but most thought that ASU would win out in the end.

Yet to go across country and nab a stud that will complete your offense is a great sign.

Shows that these coaches here, are doing anything and everything they can to get things back to how they were.

I have no doubts, that this staff has the local guys on lock.

If they can convince a guy 2700 miles away, that would feel more from the NCAA than a freshman, to buy in.

Come NSD we will all be some proud dudes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great article Tito!! I cannot wait till next year's season the future is looking extremely bright!

Advertisement
Back