2023 Samuel M'Pemba, 5 star Athlete

He may not come here but saying he has no significanct interest is cap. It's UGA us and Mizzou where he from that has been the protagonists. He said months ago he is sure he will take OV's in season to Miami and UGA and he was certain about those and no one else. That's significant interest.
Mizzou didn't make his top list ND would have been better to use.

Advertisement
From the latest SI article found here ---> https://www.si.com/college/miami/re...ecruiting-samuel-mpemba-talks-mario-cristobal

Now that M’Pemba is playing a hybrid outside linebacker/defensive end position, he’s actually practicing against IMG offensive tackle and Miami commitment Francis Mauigoa.

“It’s real good man," M'Pemba noted of facing Mauigoa. "That’s my guy. He helps me get better every day.”

M’Pemba also defined what makes Mauigoa such a talented player.

“First, you know, just his size and the way he can move. Especially being that big, the way he can bend," M'Pemba said. "You know, for me, I feel like I can beat a lot of guys just based on my athleticism. With him, he’s got to be more technical but he’s just as athletic as me at 330 (pounds).”

Since they know each other well, Mauigoa is trying to get his IMG teammate to come with him to Coral Gables and play for the Hurricanes. But before the season rolls around, M'Pemba already plans to visit Miami on Saturday after seeing the University of Florida later on Friday.

“It’s cool man. I am about to get up to a few games," M'Pemba noted. "I’m going to be up there on Saturday. I’m still getting (travel plans) figured out, me and my coaches.”

He’s been to Miami for an unofficial visit before, but this time it’s a cookout for recruits that Miami is bringing in during the one-week window of in-person recruiting in July.

“Yeah, they’re having a cookout tomorrow. I like Miami a lot, definitely one of my top schools," M'Pemba shared. "I’m going to keep talking to them and see how it is when I get down there.”

M’Pemba also discussed the culture that Cristobal and his staff are attempting to restore within the Miami football program, an area in which M'Pemba has already seen drastic improvement as he keeps up with "all of" the Hurricanes' coaches regularly.

“Just, you know, the culture that they’re bringing up. The people they’ve got there on the staff. The class that they’re getting. I feel like they’re bringing The U back," M'Pemba said.

As for Cristobal specifically, here are M’Pemba’s thoughts.

“He’s a genuine guy. He’s real funny man," M'Pemba said. "You can tell he’s not just like a business guy. He’s real cool, down to earth.”

Gaby…

Attachments

• DFFF75C4-E725-4328-9927-6360A9A77723.jpeg
    DFFF75C4-E725-4328-9927-6360A9A77723.jpeg
    360.7 KB · Views: 732
Advertisement
Logistics is going to be an issue... also who pays for all the gas, food and lodging along the way?
Easy. The Gator Collective will with the bag that they all received for going there.
The jokes write themselves!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
This kid seems like he’s all UGA at the moment.

I also don’t think he’s 6’4. He’s more like 6’2 and some change.

Not that it matters, but I prefer the prospects with wider frames and long arms to control the edge.
I might be willing to give him 6'4. Not positive from the few times I've seen him. But if he's not then he's very close. Also the kid has the prototypical build for an end.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back