2023 Samuel M'Pemba, 5 star Athlete

Obviously not set in stone, but must feel pretty good about him heading there as of now. Things can change, as we saw with Alinen. Play ball, I don’t expect us to concede. I think pairing either him/Wilson with Wayne is necessary.
Absolutely. I want Wilson WAY more but it would suck to lose M'Pemba. We definitely need to walk away with 1/2. And we'll be battling Bama/UGA for Wilson. Big boy battles.

Advertisement
Absolutely. I want Wilson WAY more but it would suck to lose M'Pemba. We definitely need to walk away with 1/2. And we'll be battling Bama/UGA for Wilson. Big boy battles.

Agree, and I stated Wilson > M’Pemba long before this news so it isn’t sour grapes. Both are obviously great prospects but Wilson is the most ready to play IMO. He reminds me of Olivier. Keep hacking.

Agree, and I stated Wilson > M’Pemba long before this news so it isn’t sour grapes. Both are obviously great prospects but Wilson is the most ready to play IMO. He reminds me of Olivier. Keep hacking.
Facts. SMP is very good but Wilson's film blew me away. His first step, hand usage were elite for a kid at the high school level. He's a prototype. If we can somehow close on him & Okunlola I would be totally satisfied with this class overall final recruiting rankings be damned.

Facts. SMP is very good but Wilson's film blew me away. His first step, hand usage were elite for a kid at the high school level. He's a prototype. If we can somehow close on him & Okunlola I would be totally satisfied with this class overall final recruiting rankings be damned.
Wilson, M’Pemba and Russaw(spelling) will be battles with Bama and UGA. They are the QB killer Edges left on the board. We need one but best believe that neither Bama, UGA or us are content on just getting one, so it’s not like by default everyone ends up with 1

“I haven’t really locked in any yet," M'Pemba recently told 247Sports. "But I should be at Notre Dame vs. Clemson, Georgia vs. Auburn and Oregon vs. Stanford. Miami, I haven’t figured that out yet. Same with the last one."
Sounds like he wants to make a decision in November if he is going to those games.

OREvStan - Oct 1
UGAvAUB - Oct 8
NDvCLEM - Nov 5

Also makes sense why he doesn't have a Miami game lined up, our best home games:

UNC - Oct 8
FSU - Nov 5
PITT - Nov 26

Leaves Duke (10/22) and and Midd Tenn (9/24) as options if he is in fact thinking of committing in Novemeber.

Advertisement
Wilson, M’Pemba and Russaw(spelling) will be battles with Bama and UGA. They are the QB killer Edges left on the board. We need one but best believe that neither Bama, UGA or us are content on just getting one, so it’s not like by default everyone ends up with 1

Give me Wilson and Russaw and I'm a happy dude. Btw, quiet as kept, we are still in the running for Smith/Russaw. If we win 9+ games this year, watch out

Advertisement
Just CBed to UGA by Witfong
Meh. Honestly, unless M’Pemba is going to pop before he takes any of his OVs, then that means very little right now.

Wiltfong is probably the *most* reliable of the national guys, but he has also been known to make some premature picks and then change it later on.

If you saw the CB and didn't get happy, you need to let go off them conspiracies now lol.
LMAO I was thinking the same thing. No disrespect to anybody, but that stuff makes zero sense. I promise you they don’t need the **** crystal ball function to tip off the “big boy” schools.

Advertisement
M’Pemba. In the world of NIL, I think UGA gets one but not two. I kind of hope they get M’Pemba bc they will feel like they got a five star and we can pony up for Wilson. He’s gone up the board like a missile

Well, I don't think UGA is the main competition for Wilson - Bama is. AFAIC, UGA can have MPemba, but give me Wilson and I'll be a happy man.

Advertisement
so it sounds like 247 already has the write up ready for when he announces. the next thing to look for is where he decides to announce (which platform). the only one that I can remember that didn't turn out the way 247 knew it would was the receiver last year that chose JSU over us (Coleman?). they had quotes from him saying why he chose UM and he trolled us all including 247 where he announced his commitment.

Advertisement
Back