2023 Samuel M'Pemba, 5 star Athlete

Advertisement
He’s a Cane. Lock and elite are overused on this site. Elite is an all American, all pro, 5 Star or first/second round pick. “Everyone’s” elite 😂
True that. And man I hope he is! May not have prototypical or “elite” size but his production is ridiculous. If even half of his stats are legit then that statement still stands

True that. And man I hope he is! May not have prototypical or “elite” size but his production is ridiculous. If even half of his stats are legit then that statement still stands
YES!!! The kid is really good at football!!! It is to easy to get caught up in numbers. Now I know size and speed count but it cant be everything. Actually being good at the game has to count too. I think kids like Bain are the ones who end up being 4th or 5th rounders and they somehow end up being in the league for 6 or 7 years. Not because they are the biggest or fastest - but simply because they are good at football.

In contrast - Jalen Brown has the numbers but is he good at the game?

Advertisement
YES!!! The kid is really good at football!!! It is to easy to get caught up in numbers. Now I know size and speed count but it cant be everything. Actually being good at the game has to count too. I think kids like Bain are the ones who end up being 4th or 5th rounders and they somehow end up being in the league for 6 or 7 years. Not because they are the biggest or fastest - but simply because they are good at football.

I agree with this point. It's similar to the infatuation with track speeds. There are guys who have great track times but whose speed doesn't translate to the field.

Those do come around and they are great stories but there is an entire graveyard of kids that dominated HS and were great football players that just don’t even translate to P5 CFB let alone the NFL

Advertisement
Those do come around and they are great stories but there is an entire graveyard of kids that dominated HS and were great football players that just don’t even translate to P5 CFB let alone the NFL
I agree - that sword cuts both ways. I think I probably have an over simplistic view of recruiting. I would find a bunch of guys that are really good at football then out of those guys I would recruit the best body.
#1 can play
#2 bigger, faster, stronger.
#3 personality traits also has to play a role

Florida aint heating up with sh*t lol.
They’re heating up recruits' a-holes after serving mac n cheese
toilet GIF

Man just came from calling Brown a lock and he ended up at LSU. Bain is not a lock, he doesn't talk like that and his recruitment is not like that either. He is just like any other recruit. *** where he from or who he related to. If u aint hear it from someone directly with knowledge to know, stop repeating that ****

Advertisement
Bain is a good player and i think he balls wherever he goes. I don't care about his size, he is not just out there killing people with his size he uses his hands well and and relentless to the ball. Said it much, he reminds me of James Harrison, Pittsburgh Steelers great

Bain is a good player and i think he balls wherever he goes. I don't care about his size, he is not just out there killing people with his size he uses his hands well and and relentless to the ball. Said it much, he reminds me of James Harrison, Pittsburgh Steelers great
Remember that and you may very well be right. It’s why we have sites like this to debate and then discuss as things unfold.

Advertisement
Imagine an DE/DL class of

Samuel M’Pemba
Jayden Wayne
Damon Wilson
Rueben Bain

I think this is realistic and if not one more. These guys are not going to be playing everydown. On top of that, 3rd and long, typically a DE moves down to the DT position for extra pass rush.

Man I'm so excited.

Advertisement
Back