2023 Samuel M'Pemba, 5 star Athlete

Advertisement
The DE I like most in this class over Howard, Harbor and Wayne. The first step/get off, pause, is elite

This will be a gigantic part of his recruitment. UGA, Bama, etc. are recruiting him as an OLB. Miami, Auburn, and a few others want him as DE. ND wants him for their "drop" linebacker spot, which is a hybrid DE/OLB spot in their 4-2-5 scheme.

Obviously, he'll play wherever he wants, but those are just what I've heard on the trail about what schools want him where.

This will be a gigantic part of his recruitment. UGA, Bama, etc. are recruiting him as an OLB. Miami, Auburn, and a few others want him as DE. ND wants him for their "drop" linebacker spot, which is a hybrid DE/OLB spot in their 4-2-5 scheme.

Obviously, he'll play wherever he wants, but those are just what I've heard on the trail about what schools want him where.
What’s his size, pause again? It lists him at 6’4 and 240 which seems like a true DE all the way.

Advertisement
UGA's OLBs were both 6'3" - 6'4" and 235-250 pounds last season (Quay Walker and Nolan Smith). Same with Bama's. (Anderson and Dallas Turner)

The odd fronts both those school run require big, edge-setting OLBs.
Correct! That’s the size of the LB I believe Cristobal is going for. Chantz Williams would be an OLB at Several programs. M’Pemba and Cyrus Moss at OLB could be nasty!!!!!!!

Correct! That’s the size of the LB I believe Cristobal is going for. Chantz Williams would be an OLB at Several programs. M’Pemba and Cyrus Moss at OLB could be nasty!!!!!!!
This is why I hope to run a hybrid defense, we have a lot of hybrid bodies at DE. Some would be well suited as a rush OLB, and some can move over as an interior pass rusher.

Not aware of too many college hybrid schemes though.

Advertisement
This is why I hope to run a hybrid defense, we have a lot of hybrid bodies at DE. Some would be well suited as a rush OLB, and some can move over as an interior pass rusher.

Not aware of too many college hybrid schemes though.

M'Pemba would be perfect in this role, too. Hand in the dirt on passing downs, but also a guy who can set the edge and play in space in an odd front/early down role. Would never need to come off the field.

UGA's OLBs were both 6'3" - 6'4" and 235-250 pounds last season (Quay Walker and Nolan Smith). Same with Bama's. (Anderson and Dallas Turner)

The odd fronts both those school run require big, edge-setting OLBs.

When you say odd front do you mean a 3-4 or are you meaning something else?

Advertisement
love his size

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back