Samson Okunlola commits to Miami

This is how you win. When you start stacking 5 star lineman like this class after class on both sides of the line. That’s how the big buys do it. Need 9 wins and show some improvement so Mario can stack another class on top of this one

Advertisement
Ah. I always thought if you had someone stalemated and kind of twisted them down it was clean. I played in high school with a guy that was an all American at a FCS school and now is an OL Coach in college. He was probably 6’ 1” and he would engage and lean with you one way and when he felt your resistance he would instantly change direction and twist. Straight to the ground and it ******* hurt

Sounds like a judo move. Let the other man's weight be his undoing.

This is how you win. When you start stacking 5 star lineman like this class after class on both sides of the line. That’s how the big buys do it. Need 9 wins and show some improvement so Mario can stack another class on top of this one
Problem is at dt we don’t even have any chips to stack on

sparta GIF

Advertisement
Being a Miami Hurricanes fan for the last 20 years, I've seen thousands of holds way worse than that no be called. No way thats a hold.
My brother whom I love very much in this board but c’mon, man!!

Opponent holding calls avg less than 1 per game while we get called for the most ticky tack stuff by these ACC refs for years.

Corey Gaynor hold that wasn’t called vs UNC was one of the most egregious last year as it led to a TD pass to their #1 WR on a 4th down play if I recall correctly.

Check his hands on the takedown. Outside the defenders frame. He was perfect until the last moment

That and the way its corrected is by not letting the defender get his hands inside like that, which he did at the initial point of contact.

I don't read much into these camp and all-star things. There's another rep where I loved how he kept his feet moving horizontally showing amazing balance with light feet for a guy his size.

Advertisement
I’m still not over the holding call that cost us a Mark Walton TD against FSU.

****, I'm getting old as I don't even remember it. Then again, I've tried to erase the last decade and a half largely from my brain. It's more fun remembering the good times.

Not trying to dog on Walton, but whatever happened with his run ins with the police? Dropped charges, getting help, awaiting trial, or what? Hope he's gotten some help as he really seemed to be spiraling out of control.

When I start seeing where J dills and Premier got their samples from it just adds to the genius imo.
Another surprising dj that gets his samples from deep in the music archives is DJ Muggs from Cypress Hill.
Those 3 Dudes act like their listening to music in a different frequency than everyone else.

Those obscure albums make the most iconic beats.

The jazz, classical, show tunes/scores, soul and so on. They don’t call it digging in the crates for nothing. Spending hours trying to catch that feeling. An intro. An outro. A bridge. A transition. You just never know where you going to find a killer. Might be the score to a 50s sitcom or deep track of a Quincy Jones album.

Advertisement
Nah not to me. The only thing he did wrong was let his hands leave the inside of dudes frame on the takedown. The take down itself isn’t a hold the position of his hands dictates the call.

The way he did it never gets called.

Textbook wise, you want to lock the defender up around where his chest and arm pit meet. His hands got a little outside but he didn’t wrap him around his back or extend his arms. Refs ain’t calling that.

Stacking isn't the end all be all. Development is the end all be all. Clemson I hate to say it based of their recruiting rankings get the most out of their players. You can have the best players but if they are not coached up and your scheme isn't good. Well you know the rest.

Look up their dline recruits they are elite 5 stars. Offensive line is where they develop well but they also recruit elite 5 star QB’s

Advertisement
Look up their dline recruits they are elite 5 stars. Offensive line is where they develop well but they also recruit elite 5 star QB’s
But still they were able to develop that talent. You look at Miami and the culture and coaching for the last 20 year has been the reason they have been average. Other than coach mark right Miami hasn't had a good head coach in 20 years. In a draft class you might get 5 to 10 players that pan out. Teams like Clemson bama and other hit on more due to culture and coaching.

But still they were able to develop that talent. You look at Miami and the culture and coaching for the last 20 year has been the reason they have been average. Other than coach mark right Miami hasn't had a good head coach in 20 years. In a draft class you might get 5 to 10 players that pan out. Teams like Clemson bama and other hit on more due to culture and coaching.

100% agree. See my post in the mark pope thread. Miami has failed at recruiting high character kids who love football.
Development and team culture has been a mess as you mentioned for 20 years. It’s worse than we thought cause we all want our team to win so bad but we got punched in our face this year and it finally really showed how bad it was.

Mario has a ton of work to do to flip this roster and culture. We are a couple years away still. I hope we can improve next year so the vulture aren’t at his neck publicly and he has time to build this thing. We need another top 10 class next year with portal help still. That’s just the reality of this roster.

****, I'm getting old as I don't even remember it. Then again, I've tried to erase the last decade and a half largely from my brain. It's more fun remembering the good times.

Not trying to dog on Walton, but whatever happened with his run ins with the police? Dropped charges, getting help, awaiting trial, or what? Hope he's gotten some help as he really seemed to be spiraling out of control.
The last incident I know about was an armed robbery charge in FL in March, 2022. He has quickly gone down the Lawrence Phillips path

100% agree. See my post in the mark pope thread. Miami has failed at recruiting high character kids who love football.
Development and team culture has been a mess as you mentioned for 20 years. It’s worse than we thought cause we all want our team to win so bad but we got punched in our face this year and it finally really showed how bad it was.

Mario has a ton of work to do to flip this roster and culture. We are a couple years away still. I hope we can improve next year so the vulture aren’t at his neck publicly and he has time to build this thing. We need another top 10 class next year with portal help still. That’s just the reality of this roster.
I agree with you my brother wholeheartedly. I am absolutely confident that Mario can build the talent and change the culture. I'm not sold on him putting together a staff that win get Miami a natty. Only time will tell. No teams wins a natty with a subpar coaching staff as a matter of fact most that win Natty's have a staff of nead coaches in waiting. So only time will tell.

Advertisement
Back