2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine thinking a HS kid is better then a guy who is going to be drafted in the top 64 draft eligible players on earth next year.
You are projecting a monster season out of him he's not top 64 as is.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Are you trying to give @CreativeCane a heart attack?
Heart Attack Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

You are protecting a monster season out of him he's not top 64 as is.
Zion? I’ve seen him mocked in the first round a few times. Under Cristobal I’d imagine he goes certainly in the first two rounds. Unless that knee is actually hurt.

I get it. Normally you say that's crazy. HOWEVER... This might very well be that one exception. This dudes ceiling is #1 pick in the draft. I'd almost be willing to bet now if he comes here he's gonna go top 5 his junior year.
Hope so!

Advertisement
Lol. Feel free to look through my posts. I get plenty of likes. A majority of my posts were pre reset when I was a student. They had changed the entire system many times.

There was even a time they took the score away cause they didn’t want people to feel bad or something. That was like 2013 iirc. That wasn’t the last time it was reset.
Sarcasm poking fun at the “reaction score” talk

Zion? I’ve seen him mocked in the first round a few times. Under Cristobal I’d imagine he goes certainly in the first two rounds. Unless that knee is actually hurt.
Mock drafts don’t reflect what the actual GMs think. We’ve seen years and years of the league not being as high on guys as analysts and fans

Mock drafts don’t reflect what the actual GMs think. We’ve seen years and years of the league not being as high on guys as analysts and fans
Yeah & alot of times it does. I’m gonna stick with him being drafted in this first two rounds if healthy.

• Agree
Reactions: E1k
Advertisement
Yeah & alot of times it does. I’m gonna stick with him being drafted in this first two rounds if healthy.
I agree im just sayin, mock drafts aren’t a good reference point imo, Unless its a dominant cant miss prospect

That will be something. When was the last time we had a player who went first or even top 5? It's been so long I can't even remember. Edgerrin James?
Bryant McKinnie went 7th overall in 2002
Andre Johnson went 3rd overall in 2003
Sean Taylor went 5th overall in 2004
Kellen Winslow Jr went 6th overall in 2004

Also Vinny wasn’t our last #1 overall pick that was Russell Maryland in 1991

But on another note I think Okunlola and Mauigoa both have that type of potential to become Top5-10 draft picks after 3 years here under Cristobal and Mirabal.

Should they both develop the way we think they will and if Okunlola comes they could very well end up being the best OT combo in program history. That’s not even to mention the other stud OL recruits we will have coming in with them…

Advertisement
Brockton (Mass.) Thayer Academy five-star offensive tackle Samson Okunlola is still figuring out the next step in his recruiting process. He is taking “a little more time” to finalize his commitment plans. But if he chose to, he could announce his pledge in a short time.

“Right now, I’m just at a point where I have all the information really,” Okunlola told On3. “I could decide now if I really wanted to.”

Yet Okunlola, who took official visits to Alabama, Miami and Michigan State last month, doesn’t want to rush his decision. He still doesn’t have a top three and hopes to take two more official visits during the season.

Currently, things are “pretty calm” for the 6-foot-5, 305 pound offensive lineman. No matter how long the process takes, Okunlola is confident that he will find the program that he is best for him and his development. He doesn’t see a large difference between committing now and committing in five months on National Signing Day.

“I think it’s just the same as committing early and later either way,” said Okunlola, “… Spots do fill up pretty fast. Me, I’m not really too concerned on that. Any school I really want to go, I feel like they’ll still take me at the end of the day.”

According to Okunlola, he has built multiple relationships with college coaches. Some of them have been speaking with him since early in his sophomore year. He added that most head coaches of schools he’s considering are involved with his recruitment.
“I say that matters a lot as well,” Okunlola said about head coaches having roles in recruiting. “But it depends. Some head coaches are not really recruiters. They (care more) about the players they have on the team and I definitely respect that as well.”

Okunlola is also speaking to other recruits about their experiences. Sometimes, these conversations involve committed prospects trying to recruit him to their school. When asked which players are pitching him on a program, he declined to dive into specifics.
“I mean, I don’t even really want to say that,” Okunlola said with a laugh. “Yea, y’all can figure it out.”

- On Miami: Miami marked Okunlola’s final official visit. Multiple things about the Hurricanes stood out to him, including the opportunity to develop under both head coach Mario Cristobal, a former Miami offensive lineman, and offensive line coach Alex Mirabal. Education and networking opportunities at Miami also resonated for Okunlola.​

When asked about how the Hurricanes are building one of the nation’s top recruiting classes, Okunlola pointed out Miami’s coaching staff.

“I’d just say they’re building great relationships with players right now and just showing them that they’re really interested in them,” Okunlola said.

-On alabama: he enjoyed talking with Alabama head coach Nick Saban and Crimson Tide players. He got a feel on the visit about what it would be like to play at Alabama and was interested in how the Crimson Tide’s coaches develop their players to be prepared for the NFL.

Okunlola also learned about Alabama’s campus life. When asked why the Crimson Tide are one of his top schools, one of his reasons was “having great people (all) around and great connections as well through the alumni base.”

“Probably (I’m) just really just liking Alabama, the school itself,” Okunlola said. “Really liking being down there. Also, playing great players in practice. Iron sharpens iron.”

On Michigan State: Okunlola connected well with the coaching staff and players. He added that there is a “realness” at Michigan State and its surroundings remind him of his home state.

Okunlola is also impressed by the Spartans’ head coach, Mel Tucker.

“He’s a great dude,” Okunlola said. “He’s real real. He’s probably one of the realest coaches I’ve ever talked to. He has a plan for Michigan State and I think he’s going to make it happen as well.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
"Here's the thing..... with Samson and NIL, Oregon was going to play ball but he's getting Nico $$$. It wasn't even an option for Oregon" -- Justin Hopkins Oregon On3 writer after crystal balling him to Miami
Good. We have some big time QBs in our room and need them upright. QB, WR, OT, and DL is where we need to spend money. Good investment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back