2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
On3 has Samson as the 57th overall prospect and #6 OT.

Cant See Cheech Marin GIF

Advertisement
Isn’t the inclusion of boosters in the collective an issue? The people paying for nil aren’t supposed to be connected to the school. It why Mas brothers can’t participate. Or do I have it wrong?
I think it is little unclear how much connection there can be between the school ands the collective.
But my greater point was simply that “collectives” are not per se against the rules, ot is more about how the collectIves operate. Collectives, like any business, can not simply pay for play. But any entity can pay for use of a player’s NIL.

Advertisement
Not to derail this thread or keep circling back on this but I think your assessment of Mario’s past OC’s and Gattis is pretty on point so I wanted to ask what your thoughts are on Ponce’s role.

He is listed as QB coach and passing game coordinator. Is it possible Mario is modeling his offensive structure here like LSU’s in 2019? With Gattis handling much of the power run game and red zone but Ponce handling the vertical concepts? Feel like this aspect is getting lost in the shuffle.

Mario and Coach O do have some shared coaching characteristics, and we’ve seen that O has been around the building a bit recently.

I’d be curious to know if you’ve heard anything or have any predictions.

I’ll hang up and listen.
I think Gattis has full control but this point is why i hoped we got Jake Peetz when his name was rumored. Very experienced QB coach and can bring some of 19 LSUs pass game to add on to Gattis pro spread style,would’ve been a great pairing. Idk if those rumors were real tho but peetz is in tne nfl with the rams now because mcvay has went to more spread principles with stafford instead of goff…I don’t think ponce will have alot of influence on the offense tho

anyone care to interpret these reps? not an Oline expert but our guy looks to be getting beaten a lot. didn't watch the whole thing but the first two minutes.

anyone care to interpret these reps? not an Oline expert but our guy looks to be getting beaten a lot. didn't watch the whole thing but the first two minutes.

When was this? I don’t take much stock into one on ones from pre senior years. It’s about recruiting traits and then developing. Same thing nfl scouts look. You can teach technique. You can’t teach speed, height etc…

Advertisement
When was this? I don’t take much stock into one on ones from pre senior years. It’s about recruiting traits and then developing. Same thing nfl scouts look. You can teach technique. You can’t teach speed, height etc…
posted December 31, 2020 so I guess its pretty old. probably has gotten a lot better.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s legit only because he plays in Massachusetts. Blind leading the blind on these recruiting sites. Bunch of pencil pushers who never strapped on a helmet trying to play scout
thats why you hope coaches are relying on more than the 247 and rivals evaluations.

I think it is little unclear how much connection there can be between the school ands the collective.
But my greater point was simply that “collectives” are not per se against the rules, ot is more about how the collectIves operate. Collectives, like any business, can not simply pay for play. But any entity can pay for use of a player’s NIL.

My understanding is that the issue with the university collectives is that it's difficult to establish a valid commercial purpose for pay a player for his NIL.

Life Wallet clearly is paying NIL money for the purpose of enhancing their business. This is a valid use of NIL.

What purpose do university collectives have for paying for paying a player for his NIL except to induce the player to attend their school? That's not an allowable arrangement per NIL rules as I understand them. The collectives are not themselves commercial enterprises so hard to conjure up a commercially valid reason why they should be paying NIL fees.

This is all Gattis. And it’s going to be a rough couple years. (sure I’ll get destroyed for saying that)

But keep brining in guys like Samson and we’ll eventually find the right guy at OC. Kiffin was that guy for Saban. He updated Saban’s offensive philosophies and the rest is history. Will be interesting to see who it is for Mario.

You can still be as balanced as Mario wants to be, but you definitely need a more sophisticated spread passing game than what Gattis (or Moorhead) bring to the table.
ResizedP_27270ab5-d5b0-4b1d-908e-52b707b2830f_25616107395434.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back