2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
That’s not how you should evaluate WR’s as a whole though. You can teach everything you think he’s lacking. You can’t add his gear to Andy Jean though
I’ve talked to multiple coaches that’s faced him and they’ve told me the same thing “ he’s straight line fast , bad routes and bad hands“. I believe it was just this past weekend I was told he was dropping everything again at a camp.

If you’re a five star your evaluation should be based off more than just one trait. Especially as important as route running and hands are to the position. It completely devalues their evaluations for that position. Nothing about brown stands out minus his straight line speed. And I’m sure thats why some people at Miami have questions about him.

I’ve talked to multiple coaches that’s faced him and they’ve told me the same thing “ he’s straight line fast , bad routes and bad hands“. I believe it was just this past weekend I was told he was dropping everything again at a camp.

If you’re a five star your evaluation should be based off more than just one trait. Especially as important as route running and hands are to the position. It completely devalues their evaluations for that position. Nothing about brown stands out minus his straight line speed. And I’m sure thats why some people at Miami have questions about him.
I understand brother. Just like those coaches other coaches have a different perspective and I’m not a coach at the moment and I see what he can be. So we can agree to disagree on him

Advertisement
........ Hopefully this is my last statement on Brown..... Can y'all mothafvckers PLEASE STOP ACTING LIKE BROWN IS THE ONLY PLAYER THAT CAN RUN FAST..... My gosh man. At WR, "speed" is the most overrated skill especially if that's the best part of your game. Y'all really act like RayRay and Robby are slow our something. Them boys can run and CATCH. Jesus!... Okay, I'm done.

We need an announcement date for this dude man. I got work today, don't wanna be checking my phone every 5mins lol
I literally mention moving on to other players and mention another player who can bring speed in the post you quoted, Jesus! lol.. Also our OC/WR coach is on record as placing high value on speed in something he looks for in his WR so it might be overrated to you, but its valued by many top OC and our current OC is one of them.

Advertisement
Take that WR talk to some other wasteland thread. This is about the biggest O-line Miami could potentially sign ever.

the rock yawn GIF

Advertisement
I personally watched jaylen waddle (and countless others) as a kid.. couldn’t run a route and had bricks for hands.. that is a skill that can be taught..
Andre Johnson was known for that ****, hankerson had whole series on him getting his hands on point.. Our OC said it himself he values speed highly and is second thing he looks for atleast.

Hate that this convo is happening in #1 OT thread, lol..

Advertisement
I literally mention moving on to other players and mention another player who can bring speed in the post you quoted, Jesus! lol.. Also our OC/WR coach is on record as placing high value on speed in something he looks for in his WR so it might be overrated to you, but its valued by many top OC and our current OC is one of them.
You're right. Just felt like he's the only one that gets talked about when it comes to speed as if RayRay and Robby can't run. But yeah, I'm done on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back