2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hungry Food GIF

Pancakes sound good. But gimme some waffles

Advertisement
Advertisement
One of our insiders, my apologies to @DMoney, @Cribby for not remembering who it is, has said that Okunlola is the #1 rated prospect on the UM recruiting board. A board which is comprised of the best experts on the subject; actual coaches whose livelihoods depend on getting these things right and who are considered the best in the business; HC, OC/WR, RB, TE and OL coaches are all the best, not to mention the DB coach, and big-time DL and LB coaches. Not to mention a fill time personnel evaluator who was good enough to do this for a living in the NFL.
If our staff or recruiters say that Okunlola is the best player then he is the best player.

I don’t know about how rest of you, but when I want to know the best restaurant, I want a chef to tell me. Not some food critic who can’t hack it as a chef. Ask me who is the greatest rock guitarist of all time and I go with Hendrix because so do all the rock guitarists.
Who gives a **** what some writer thinks.

When the best in the business say Okunlola is the best you leave it at that and stop debating about what a 22 year old who was too slow, fat and short to ever play football after Pop Warner thinks. Gary Ferman works for On3. You think that sloppy MF ever played a down of serious football? Give the star rating a rest.

And one more perspective. 4 stars likely cost less in NIL money than 5 stars. High rated 4 stars are the best return on money.
#1 on our board but 11th if you factor in our coaches composite score

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
No pancakes tonight, huh?

I’ve been hopeful, but think he’ll probably set a date before he commits. Very rare that a recruit of his stature just randomly drops the edit. I’m betting on very early August

The only thing keeping him from #1 prospect in the country is the subpar competition. Private school ball in Massachusetts ain't exactly Soul Bowl or 100 Year Rivalry level.
It’s not terrible competition. Most teams in the league he plays in has 3-5 guys at least who end up playing D1, D1AA, or D2 ball. If he was playing private/public school he would be a regular 4 star because that competition while improving is still inconsistent.

If he played ball in a feeder state like Cali, Florida, Ohio, Texas etc he would be a top 3 ranked player in the country which he is IMO.

His ranking is definitely impacted by 247s view of Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back