2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This one was a pretty easy call. me and @DMoney had him as big Miami lean and commit watch.
comedy central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

Bro if Mario can land the best O-line class of any school over the last decade. Multiple 5 stars in the trenches. Then idc what skill position player comes or doesn’t come. Games are won in the trenches.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you might be overdoing it a little. Some school lands multiple 5-star OL about once every two years.

In 2021 for example, Bama had the #3 and #6 overall players in the country, both OT's. Stanford has done it twice. UGA in 2018. A few of the other usual suspects. We are definitely looking like we have a great shot at the #1 OL class this year though!

Will be fun to see how it stacks up.

Advertisement
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you might be overdoing it a little. Some school lands multiple 5-star OL about once every two years.

In 2021 for example, Bama had the #3 and #6 overall players in the country, both OT's. Stanford has done it twice. UGA in 2018. A few of the other usual suspects. We are definitely looking like we have a great shot at the #1 OL class this year though!

Will be fun to see how it stacks up.
My statement on Mario landing the best offensive line class in the last decade has a little more to do than the rankings or number of 4-5 stars, although I used it as an example seeing as how the top 2 on our board are both 5 stars. You’d be pressed to find a better landing of Talent + Potential.
Insiders are comping Francis. M comp to Trent Brown/Penei Sewell.
They’re saying Okunlola has even higher ceiling and potentially a future #1 overall pick.
Trip and Tinilau are trench bullies.
And If he lands any of Freeling, Kirkland or Kinsler that’s homerun.
Not to mention that 2018 UGA O-line class would later fizzle out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
My statement on Mario landing the best offensive line class in the last decade has a little more to do than the rankings or number of 4-5 stars, although I used it as an example seeing as how the top 2 on our board are both 5 stars. You’d be pressed to find a better landing of Talent + Potential.
Insiders are comping Francis. M comp to Trent Brown/Penei Sewell.
They’re saying Okunlola has even higher ceiling and potentially a future #1 overall pick.
Trip and Tinilau are trench bullies.
And If he lands any of Freeling, Kirkland or Kinsler that’s homerun.
Not to mention that 2018 UGA O-line class would later fizzle out.

I feel you boss, we're killing it. I am a recruttnik and we're on the same squad. What Mario is possibly pulling in is epic. Just saying, slow your roll. We're not the first team to have an insane OL class, and I assure you other staff's and fans have been just as excited and bullish as we are. Long way to go.

Advertisement
Wouldn’t a kid of this stature rankings wise do more than just commit? I hope he does and if we land him and Mauigoa on the OL is insane
I was thinking the same but ya know it wasn’t that long ago when the announcements were kind of outside the norm (unless it was signing day or an all star game)

Would be pretty cool actually

We needs guys like him bad
Got to keep up with Clemson
They just landed that 5 star woods
Say what u want about dabo he loads up in the trentches

I might be wrong here but I dont think Dabo has landed very many 5 star OL in the past few years. And as good as his OL might have been, they aren't getting drafted at the rate you'd expect. if you go back to the Golden era to the present , I think UM has had more OL drafted than Clemson. It's odd. Anyways he definitely cleans up at DL though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back