2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprise as we know we are in this one but even Wiltfong posted he is hearing Miami buzz w/ this kid. If we can get him to announce before the season, probably would be really good news for us.
Where did he say that?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
You will find me in the ER if this kid commits to us for obvious reasons…..
bill hudson ghostbusters GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was doing the math the other day before Mauigoa’s commitment and was trying to figure out how we pull this off. 6-7 OLs and 3 TEs. 9-10 positions on that line, 2 QBs, 4 WRs (which we need badly), 1-2 RBs. That’s 16-18 kids on the offensive side of the ball. If we are taking around 28 as some have surmised, that 10-12 on D with needs at LB, CB and DLine (so far 1 DB and 1 LB committed). This rebuild is enormous but we need to make sure that we plan out the 85 that will remain. Didn’t get as many kids to the portal as I would have expected based upon commentary either. I think being selective on RB makes sense this cycle and taking 1 could help, especially if we need a spot or two for a late addition for a Cormani or M’Pemba/Nycoles Harbour if we are in it at the end. Just my opinion.
The days of us being mismanaged are behind us.

Mario and Zo will take that all of the top talent that they can get this year. I’m sure that they have a plan in place to manage the total 85 scholly limit.

I think we end up signing anywhere from 28-32 HS kids.

2 QB’s - Rashada, Emory
1 RB - Chris Johnson (possibly 1 more, but only if it’s a guy like Baxter)
3 TE’s - Williams, Carver, Makiska
5 WR’s - Robbie, Ray Ray, Brown, Hykeem and Jean
7 OL - Francis, Samson, Freeling, Olaus, Tripp, FT, and Kinsler

6 DL - Wayne, Bain, M’Pemba, Collins A., Walker, and hopefully Hicks.
4 LB’s - Malik, Bobby, Aguirre
3 CB’s - Staford and Cormani
S - Aguero

That would be a total of 32 signees.

If we can’t land all of the OL that I listed, then I think that they’ll take just the ones that end up committing and not push for anyone else. Same with the WR’s, might end up just being 4. Same with the DL.

The days of us being mismanaged are behind us.

Mario and Zo will take that all of the top talent that they can get this year. I’m sure that they have a plan in place to manage the total 85 scholly limit.

I think we end up signing anywhere from 28-32 HS kids.

2 QB’s - Rashada, Emory
1 RB - Chris Johnson (possibly 1 more, but only if it’s a guy like Baxter)
3 TE’s - Williams, Carver, Makiska
5 WR’s - Robbie, Ray Ray, Brown, Hykeem and Jean
7 OL - Francis, Samson, Freeling, Olaus, Tripp, FT, and Kinsler

6 DL - Wayne, Bain, M’Pemba, Collins A., Walker, and hopefully Hicks.
4 LB’s - Malik, Bobby, Aguirre
3 CB’s - Staford and Cormani
S - Aguero

That would be a total of 32 signees.

If we can’t land all of the OL that I listed, then I think that they’ll take just the ones that end up committing and not push for anyone else. Same with the WR’s, might end up just being 4. Same with the DL.
Your LB's and CB' are short of a name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back