2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The Samson kid makes me hesitant for an odd reason. Everyone I've spoken to close to or in our program, everyone on here, and my own eyes tell me the kid is incredible. I don't think I ever remember a consensus like that on an Olineman. Certainly not one on a message board. I can only think of Patrick Peterson where no one even argues "well, he could struggle with..." Nope. Samson's just a crazy large, long-armed kid with slick feet and a perfect OL disposition. Too good to be true. Not gonna believe it. Won't do it.
Have u seen this kids feet. He has great footwork and hand placement super freak. With our coaching and strength coach he’s gonna be a 1st runder for sure barring injuries

The Samson kid makes me hesitant for an odd reason. Everyone I've spoken to close to or in our program, everyone on here, and my own eyes tell me the kid is incredible. I don't think I ever remember a consensus like that on an Olineman. Certainly not one on a message board. I can only think of Patrick Peterson where no one even argues "well, he could struggle with..." Nope. Samson's just a crazy large, long-armed kid with slick feet and a perfect OL disposition. Too good to be true. Not gonna believe it. Won't do it.
Do It GIF

Not what I remember but I’ll let the insiders chime in. The way I heard it is that PP was all cane until lsu started throwing major bags his way and especially to his dad. Randy caught wind and was ****ed. PP supposedly came to campus, looking for Randy, to tell him he still wanted to be the cane. I believe he asked Randy for some $ at that point and Randy told him to fvck off. That’s what I remember.

My next door neighbor was super super inside (and brilliant at talent evaluations)--- and shared with me under the promise I wouldn't pass on to the public. He was in the press but was never a catch-ya prikk--- so he got info that was insanely secretive (and stayed that way due to his respectability).

Statute of Limitations has passed on most of this stuff he shared now, so I'm free to blabber a touch.

So McGriff (I believe it was) was paying Patrick without Randy's consent, and the **** hit the fan when Patrick wanted the U to raise the amount to get it closer to the LSU number. Your story and the one I heard are quite similar.

My favorite (non secretive) thing this neighbor ever told me was during Butch's 5-6 year when he said the talent on the team was outworldly and would be big time in the NFL. I thought he was full of crap but damned if he wasn't 100% correct.

Anyway... Samson would be the continuation of this dream we are now living/reliving. Mario does seem like the young second coming of Butch--- but hopefully will prove to be a better game day coach than Butch.

Great talent can mask a lot of imperfections!

Advertisement
Love seeing baga not able to cherry pick other states top talent. It's got to be excruciating to them. They had a monopoly on paying players and winning championships with talent from everywhere, but Alabaga. We are going to see how good Sabag and Alabaga is when all is when talent is more legally distributed. When he can't rape the state of Florida for top talent.

Bag-A Tears

I can't imagine the kind of pressure/attention a prospect this high up Mario's board will get.
I know we’d never get real answer but I’d like to know what the hit rate on his top top guy is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I won’t truly believe any of these top lineman coming our way until it happens. Seems like the big boy schools know that’s where the games are won and the investments show it. We can get great skill players all we want, but if we can’t control the line of scrimmage it won’t matter. I’m sure we’re giving Fletcher another look with Baxter most likely headed to Texas. I’d still be ecstatic with a class of Fletcher and Johnson. Thunder and Lightning.
angry marlon brando GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back