2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sleeping on Frankie, but Cribby did mention he's a candidate to be dropped. If we somehow snag Freeling, Okunloa, Kinsler and Alinen to go along with Tripp and Francis, I could definitely see us cutting ties.
I was doing the math the other day before Mauigoa’s commitment and was trying to figure out how we pull this off. 6-7 OLs and 3 TEs. 9-10 positions on that line, 2 QBs, 4 WRs (which we need badly), 1-2 RBs. That’s 16-18 kids on the offensive side of the ball. If we are taking around 28 as some have surmised, that 10-12 on D with needs at LB, CB and DLine (so far 1 DB and 1 LB committed). This rebuild is enormous but we need to make sure that we plan out the 85 that will remain. Didn’t get as many kids to the portal as I would have expected based upon commentary either. I think being selective on RB makes sense this cycle and taking 1 could help, especially if we need a spot or two for a late addition for a Cormani or M’Pemba/Nycoles Harbour if we are in it at the end. Just my opinion.

Advertisement
10x better than Zion Nelson out of highschool and probably better than him now if we are being honest. Nelson doesn’t have anywhere near the physical power that Samson and Francis have.
Y'all post anything on this site. I was with you right up to the "probably better than him now". Zion has a legit shot to go first round next April. Samson isn't proven yet. Chill with shading Zion.

I was doing the math the other day before Mauigoa’s commitment and was trying to figure out how we pull this off. 6-7 OLs and 3 TEs. 9-10 positions on that line, 2 QBs, 4 WRs (which we need badly), 1-2 RBs. That’s 16-18 kids on the offensive side of the ball. If we are taking around 28 as some have surmised, that 10-12 on D with needs at LB, CB and DLine (so far 1 DB and 1 LB committed). This rebuild is enormous but we need to make sure that we plan out the 85 that will remain. Didn’t get as many kids to the portal as I would have expected based upon commentary either. I think being selective on RB makes sense this cycle and taking 1 could help, especially if we need a spot or two for a late addition for a Cormani or M’Pemba/Nycoles Harbour if we are in it at the end. Just my opinion.
Simple. More than 28. No counters or 25 cap anymore. All we have to do is make room before they enter in summer 2023. Big class coming IMO. As long as guys they really like want in, we will make room.

Evan Neal was like that.
Not really. Coming out Neal's body was considered a work in progress. He was a good 20 - 30lbs over his ideal playing weight. His body was kind of sloppy but you could tell he was a freak athlete. There was conversation if he would struggle on the outside due to being oversized. He started his career at Bama as a RG than loss weight and eventually took over as the LT.

Simple. More than 28. No counters or 25 cap anymore. All we have to do is make room before they enter in summer 2023. Big class coming IMO. As long as guys they really like want in, we will make room.
Didn’t think about next year’s “drop outs” counting against this class since we are in crooting season now. Thank you for the clarification. With enough pressure on guys that we don’t see playing here, we should have the space to take what we want. And given CMC’s success, it will be one for the record books.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1657032164088.png

Advertisement
The Samson kid makes me hesitant for an odd reason. Everyone I've spoken to close to or in our program, everyone on here, and my own eyes tell me the kid is incredible. I don't think I ever remember a consensus like that on an Olineman. Certainly not one on a message board. I can only think of Patrick Peterson where no one even argues "well, he could struggle with..." Nope. Samson's just a crazy large, long-armed kid with slick feet and a perfect OL disposition. Too good to be true. Not gonna believe it. Won't do it.

We back in the running for generational talent.

Transitioning from the recruiting we have seen the last 20 years won’t be easy for everyone.

Take all the time you need, Lu. We understand.

Advertisement
No surprise as we know we are in this one but even Wiltfong posted he is hearing Miami buzz w/ this kid. If we can get him to announce before the season, probably would be really good news for us.
Where did he post it? I can’t find it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back