2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1 overall player in the nation.
D$, is that your opinion or the rating services? Why do most services have Francis rated higher (albeit the difference in rating is minuscule)?

Last edited:
Advertisement
In general I agree with you...

But Samson is a different animal altogether, he’s about as close to a 4 year starter as there is in the Nation right now.

He has the most polished footwork & Blocking technique that I’ve seen from an OT in a long long time.

IF we were to sign him, you could put him in an open competition & you’d be hard pressed to find another OT that will be on this roster next year that could beat him for that LT spot. The only way he wouldn’t start is if Zion returned for another year, or if he wasn’t an EE.

Unless an All-conference LT hits the Portal next year, we kinda have to sell Samson on being a potential starter as a TF, because otherwise if early PT is taken off the table that opens the door for schools like Bama, UGA & Mich ST to sell him exactly on that same thing.

Bama just did it with Evan Neal, they started him as a TF & then got him drafted in the 1st round as a top 10 pick 3 years later; Miami can do the same with Samson (although I think he’d be a 4 year player), but we’re not really in a position to have talent like him sitting on the bench just yet. In a few years definitely, but in the first 2 years of the Mario era we gotta sell early pt for 5-star recruits; that’s the trade-off.
Well said

Advertisement
In general I agree with you...

But Samson is a different animal altogether, he’s about as close to a 4 year starter as there is in the Nation right now.

He has the most polished footwork & Blocking technique that I’ve seen from an OT in a long long time.

IF we were to sign him, you could put him in an open competition & you’d be hard pressed to find another OT that will be on this roster next year that could beat him for that LT spot. The only way he wouldn’t start is if Zion returned for another year, or if he wasn’t an EE.

Unless an All-conference LT hits the Portal next year, we kinda have to sell Samson on being a potential starter as a TF, because otherwise if early PT is taken off the table that opens the door for schools like Bama, UGA & Mich ST to sell him exactly on that same thing.

Bama just did it with Evan Neal, they started him as a TF & then got him drafted in the 1st round as a top 10 pick 3 years later; Miami can do the same with Samson (although I think he’d be a 4 year player), but we’re not really in a position to have talent like him sitting on the bench just yet. In a few years definitely, but in the first 2 years of the Mario era we gotta sell early pt for 5-star recruits; that’s the trade-off.
i think the sell is that it’s open comp for Mauigoa Samson and Freeling. Two spots are open and if somehow you don’t start, wait your turn, play guard or you can always transfer. Either way you will get coached by the best in the biz while you are in Miami. It’s how Bama has been selling kids for over a decade and UGA the last 5 years. Difference is you get to also spend time in an international metropolis

What we gonna do with Freeling after we land this monster?
Animated GIF

Advertisement
i think the sell is that it’s open comp for Mauigoa Samson and Freeling. Two spots are open and if somehow you don’t start, wait your turn, play guard or you can always transfer. Either way you will get coached by the best in the biz while you are in Miami. It’s how Bama has been selling kids for over a decade and UGA the last 5 years. Difference is you get to also spend time in an international metropolis
Just wait til we can sell our facilities and hopefully get some dope uniforms. Oh yea, and win some games. Its up from here fellas

Do you agree /w D$ that Samson is the higher rated OT between him and Francis or are you talking about longer term potential?
Both.

IMO Samson is the best OT prospect in the entire Nation, ahead of Mauigoa & Kadyn Proctor.

That’s not to take anything away from Mauigoa, he’s Elite in his own right...

But Samson IMO is bar none the best & most polished & guaranteed 1st round pick in 4 years.

Samson is a future starter at LT & Mauigoa is a future starter at RT IMO.

Do you agree /w D$ that Samson is the higher rated OT between him and Francis or are you talking about longer term potential?
I think this ranking difference has as much to do with position as anything. All things being equal, a LT is always a little more valuable than a RT.
Francis is a dominating RT if there ever was one. But a dominating LT is what NFL teams break the bank for. And now so will the college teams.

Advertisement
IMO Samson is the best OT prospect in the entire Nation, ahead of Mauigoa & Kadyn Proctor.

But Samson IMO is bar none the best & most polished & guaranteed 1st round pick in 4 years.

100% i can see Mauigoa at RG too. If samson showed up tomorrow he’d be in a battle with zion…Zion gets drafted in the first 3 rounds but thats how ready samson is

Both.

Gives me McKinnie/Gonzales vibes when we won the title I think they only have up one sack combined

Advertisement
After Kadyn Proctor decided to stay home & committed to Iowa, expect Bama to turn up the heat on Okunlola.
Love seeing baga not able to cherry pick other states top talent. It's got to be excruciating to them. They had a monopoly on paying players and winning championships with talent from everywhere, but Alabaga. We are going to see how good Sabag and Alabaga is when all is when talent is more legally distributed. When he can't rape the state of Florida for top talent.

These kids are all highly rated and anyone is splitting hairs because they all will be drafted high. Any team that gets any one of these kids, got the best, for their team. We got Mauigoa and we fuccin. Get Samson, the nc2a and sec might halt commitments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back