2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Mario and Alex will turn him and Maui into Day 1 kids. But unlike a lot of the CIS posters, I think both will need at a couple seasons to acclimate to the intensity of top P5 ball. Maui playing at IMG means he'll be first to see the field, most likely. Playing prep in MA doesn't give Samson enough looks at high level DEs and DTs.

We rushed so many OL that hurt their longterm develpment ... Henderson, Flowers, McDermott, Darling, Donaldson, Nelson. Hopefully we learn from those mistakes.

I dont think we'll have the luxury. I'd love to FM start out inside at RG. As for pancake honcho, his *** will learn on the job. I just don't think we have the depth needed and let these kids come on slowly. And, they legit might have the skill that demands they play early, like Samson.

I dont think we'll have the luxury. I'd love to FM start out inside at RG. As for pancake honcho, his *** will learn on the job. I just don't think we have the depth needed and let these kids come on slowly. And, they legit might have the skill that demands they play early, like Samson.
We need them to be early signees and see if they can handle being a day 1 starter.

Advertisement
Peterson WAS um bound.... but rumors got out that our dB coach/d coordinator (?williams?/McGriff?) was paying him.... so, what I heard from an insider was, Randy dropped recruiting him so we wouldn't get major, major sanctions.

Not what I remember but I’ll let the insiders chime in. The way I heard it is that PP was all cane until lsu started throwing major bags his way and especially to his dad. Randy caught wind and was ****ed. PP supposedly came to campus, looking for Randy, to tell him he still wanted to be the cane. I believe he asked Randy for some $ at that point and Randy told him to fvck off. That’s what I remember.

Mario and Alex will turn him and Maui into Day 1 kids. But unlike a lot of the CIS posters, I think both will need at a couple seasons to acclimate to the intensity of top P5 ball. Maui playing at IMG means he'll be first to see the field, most likely. Playing prep in MA doesn't give Samson enough looks at high level DEs and DTs.

We rushed so many OL that hurt their longterm develpment ... Henderson, Flowers, McDermott, Darling, Donaldson, Nelson. Hopefully we learn from those mistakes.
In general I agree with you...

But Samson is a different animal altogether, he’s about as close to a 4 year starter as there is in the Nation right now.

He has the most polished footwork & Blocking technique that I’ve seen from an OT in a long long time.

IF we were to sign him, you could put him in an open competition & you’d be hard pressed to find another OT that will be on this roster next year that could beat him for that LT spot. The only way he wouldn’t start is if Zion returned for another year, or if he wasn’t an EE.

Unless an All-conference LT hits the Portal next year, we kinda have to sell Samson on being a potential starter as a TF, because otherwise if early PT is taken off the table that opens the door for schools like Bama, UGA & Mich ST to sell him exactly on that same thing.

Bama just did it with Evan Neal, they started him as a TF & then got him drafted in the 1st round as a top 10 pick 3 years later; Miami can do the same with Samson (although I think he’d be a 4 year player), but we’re not really in a position to have talent like him sitting on the bench just yet. In a few years definitely, but in the first 2 years of the Mario era we gotta sell early pt for 5-star recruits; that’s the trade-off.

Advertisement
#1 overall player in the nation.
hey-arnold-netflix-and-chill.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back