2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on and sit down with me pal. I know this hard for you to comprehend. I spend a quarter of the year in Miami, it is where my extended family is. I love Miami, a great great city with great culture and food that I plan on hopefully moving to if I can transfer offices.

What I was saying is that, in at least the circles I run in, Miami is disrespected and looked down on and it drives me nuts. You know how infuriating it is to watch a Miami game with Bostonians who hate the U and the city of Miami? In my post, I was making the point how others up here view Miami, not how I view it. Somehow that led to me having a superiority complex in terms of Boston to you?

Every city has it stereotypes. You expressed the stereotype that Boston has in your post, I expressed the stereotype that other people, not me, have of Miami.
You've probably lived there longer than I have, but I'll echo some of your points. I played collegiate baseball at a small school in the Northeast, and most of my teammates were from Mass; in fact, most of the student-body was from the Northeast. There's definitely a smug nature to those kids, mostly concerning the Pats and the dynasty they don't deserve. A lot of money up there too, but back to the main point...

I moved to South Boston a little while ago shortly out of college. Everyone knows the racial sentiment oozing from Bostonians towards African Americans, Hispanics, etc. stemming back decades. Heck, their darling Marky Mark Walhburg is on record of beating the absolute **** out of an asian kid when he was younger, simply because he "looked" funny if you catch my drift. The few Florida and Cali boys on the roster (myself included) used to looooove pushing their buttons concerning race; for instance if Terry Rozier missed a three and we'd hear some "n" words thrown around at a bar or whatnot. They definitely look down on Florida and the rest of the South - some of it stems from political views, some of it is from the stereotypes surrounding the South (and Florida in general)...they can't comprehend that Miami is its own world compared to the rest of Florida. Moreover, there is a bit of Hispanic hatred - I've been called a spick at the bar before (and absolutely clocked the dude for it, wooh that felt good) - but yes, there is evidence of racism up there. It's gotten better, but it's still prevalent.

However, I don't think that has anything to do with Sampson here, and i'll echo @TheOriginalCane's sentiment that . I think it concerns the caucasian population more, and well...Sampson isn't that. I don't think he'd be seriously considering Miami if it were the case - I personally don't think race is an issue here. He seems all business - after the Bama visit, it was "rings over lambos" and I think that's a perfectly fine mentality to have, honestly the right one.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I need Mario & Ruiz to take it personal and be petty again here with whoever we are battling it out for with this kid like they were with UF lol.
Keegan Michael Key Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
👀👀👀

All OTs should be lining up to come to Miami. Spots will be available after this season with Zion likely gone. **** all OL should be lining up honestly. To be coached by some very good coaches and the potential for early playing time. I don’t see a guaranteed starting spot that’s currently on this roster for next season assuming Zion is gone.

👀👀👀

All OTs should be lining up to come to Miami. Spots will be available after this season with Zion likely gone. **** all OL should be lining up honestly. To be coached by some by some very good coaches and the potential for early playing time. I don’t see a guaranteed starting spot that’s currently on this roster for next season assuming Zion is gone.
A veteran-heavy starting 5, and plenty of attrition is likely coming. Should be a shoe-in for most of these talented dudes to make the two-deep and push for significant playing time.

Advertisement
Great o-line coachES, great actual NIL opportunity, palm trees everywhere, and a QB room worthy of protecting.

Not many better situations for blue chip OL, Tripp knows that.

Advertisement

He sees opportunity at Miami and understands that the depth chart is pretty favorable while also in tune with the fact that Alex Mirabal and Mario Cristobal are top offensive line coaches. It seems like this official visit gave him a full understanding of the program outside of just hearing about it over the phone or on a video call.

He isn’t ruling out making a summer commitment after also seeing Alabama and Michigan State this summer. Okunola does have two more official visits in his back pocket and also said he could potentially use those in-season if he moves away from a summer pledge. As we reported on Saturday, there is a reason to believe Miami is a serious contender in this recruitment. “

He without question would be the starting successor to Zion Nelson at LT.

If we pull this off, sh*t gon be real scary in the next few seasons...

Think this will come down to us vs Bama, I don’t believe Mich ST will be a serious contender for him, unless his parents want him close to his brother (plays for Pitt) & closer to home.

But otherwise, selling him on immediate guaranteed playing time & giving him a huge NIL deal is hopefully enough.

Would be a seismic recruiting win if we snatched up Okunlola from the grasp of the Evil Empire.

He without question would be the starting successor to Zion Nelson at LT.

If we pull this off, sh*t gon be real scary in the next few seasons...

Think this will come down to us vs Bama, I don’t believe Mich ST will be a serious contender for him, unless his parents want him close to his brother (plays for Pitt) & closer to home.

But otherwise, selling him on immediate guaranteed playing time & giving him a huge NIL deal is hopefully enough.

Would be a seismic recruiting win if we snatched up Okunlola from the grasp of the Evil Empire.
I agree it’s us and BAMA. With Kadyn proctor most likely staying home at Iowa Samson probably moves to the top of there OT board. We are the only school that will be able to offer immediate playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back