2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t say Mauigoa is dead just yet.
Big Boy GIF

Advertisement
I actually hear the same stuff @BostonCanes47 is saying. Florida is the land of corruption. The state and local governments are run like a banana republic. They have the best bodies money can buy. They're not intellectual or serious people. ... There's a lot of disdain for a lot about Florida. Some of that isn't entirely wrong by the way.

But all that disappears when you step off the airplane and breath in that tropics chlorophyll and ocean beachfront smell, and think to yourself "paradise". Where do New Englanders go to vacation and retire? Where do their kids want to experience their youth? And what can the U do for their kids relative to other top football schools?

Taking away the elite institutions who also have P5 programs like Stanford, Northwestern and Duke, Miami and USC stick out as most international, most business-oriented, most forward-thinking private schools. And Miami is already their dream second home, with its amazing beaches and social life. It's an easy sell IMHO.

Advertisement
Yeah, well they have somebody who lied about being an Indian as a Senator, so there's that

Didn't you know that she's 0.00000000000000000000000001% Native American? .... Yeah, there are some glass houses up here. But the general opinion is Florida takes it to a whole different level. Not trying to make it a MA v FL argument. Lots of pros and cons on both sides. Just observing people up here have a lot of negativity about a lot of aspects of FL while at the same time being attracted to it for many other reasons. I personally think Miami has an easy sell up here despite the snobbery.

Advertisement
UT is offering a lot and has been the favorite for a minute , there’s no doubt. I‘m just saying as of today it’s not dead……

No doubt. If this was his last visit I'd say we have a legit chance but that last OV will be tough to beat. We'll see.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back