2023 Samson Okunlola 2.0 - Commits to UM12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it very much is, you're naive if you don't think so. At oregon, he assembled arguably the best line in the country and one went top 10 last year in the draft, not to mention our HC was an offensive lineman and coaches OL specifically (unlike any other HC out there)

in this particular case, what does florida have that we dont?

1) miami is a better location
2) OL development track record with miami staff >>>>>>> gator staff
3) miami has more resources for NIL purposes and for his brand (and it's not close)
4) complete overhaul of roster would enable quicker playing time at miami
etc.

Just for fun and because I like to annoy people sometimes.

1. For what? For a northerners, either location is nice and away from winter. Are you looking for a metro area or a college town? Big or small university? Different strokes for different folks. Only he can answer what's right for him.

2. Agree

3. Oh, I don't know about that. It isn't and certainly isn't something that's going on paper that people can prove who is right. Underestimate those lizards at your own risk, I won't.

4. Possibly, but if he's good he'll see the field there in due time as well. Right now we look like a **** show and if you've got a pulse, you'll play. Can we win though? I don't know.

Advertisement
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN
Does his friend own chik-fil-as? Just wondering.

Reactions: ben
You’re normally on point but you’re way off here. A coach that has put players into the first round of the draft and specializes in a players position is huge. All coaches talk but few can actually back it up with examples of success. There’s millions of dollars at stake.

Why do you think every WR wants to go to OSU and play for Hartline?

Then why isn't Cormani a Gator?

Addae is a better coach than Corey Raymond?

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Never take an anomaly and treat it as the norm. There are countless examples of players going to schools for guaranteed development for the NFL. The players who do what Cormani did are few and far in between.
I’ll make it easy for u. CM is Cincy being in the top 4 and making the playoffs last year. The examples of players doing what I described would be represented as Bama Georgia and OSU. Would you bet your money on Cincy or those teams being in the playoff on a regular basis?

Advertisement

maxresdefault.jpg
Idk who’s a better coach, but unfortunately Corey Raymond is a gator which hurts a lot.

Also I think he was emphasizing that Cristobal knows OL as well. Billy Napier is not a DB coach

It feels refreshing to know that we will be in play for big recruits for years to come with Mario. It's the first time that we legitimately have a shot at the big time recruits.

I am confident that Mario got this and I firmly believe that the OL problems we've had won't be the talk of the town this time next year.

Advertisement
What many fail to realize is that in prior regimes, we wouldn’t even be in the conversation for Cormani let alone many of the other highly rated recruits currently committed to us.

That wouldn’t lessen the sting if he bolts but we probably wouldn’t even have had the opportunity to get stung without Mario.

What many fail to realize is that in prior regimes, we wouldn’t even be in the conversation for Cormani let alone many of the other highly rated recruits currently committed to us.

That wouldn’t lessen the sting if he bolts but we probably wouldn’t even have had the opportunity to get stung without Mario.

No one cares about conversations, we care about bottom line results on signing day.

We need Mario to be Mario and close this out. No excuses.

Advertisement
Perspective and context matters. Removing the stench of 20 years of **** in 1 year is a monumental task.

Come on. We’ve been through this in many in season threads, there are MANY teams doing one year turnarounds. Posters have said records don’t matter.

Mario is the RECRUITER, this is his time of year. Grab the star and run around grabbing every big name recruit!

We can’t have the happy to be here attitude the team had during the A&M game. That’s weak sauce.

Advertisement
ok.. maybe elite is too strong.. what word would you like to use?... 6'5.5", 235lbs, 4.6 40.... i'm not saying "generational" or he's like a Nyckoles Harbor, but those aren't common traits/characteristics in a high school athlete... lots of raw tools to work with... he's better than a "good" athlete.. somewhere between "good" and "elite"?
Yes, the word "elite" is way overused on this site. What's wrong with being a good athlete? I would argue measurables don't make your good athletics "elite." Nyckoles Harbor would be a great example of an elite athlete with great measurables but will that translate to the football field? That remains to be seen.

There are plenty of good, great, and elite athletes that don't translate to the football field. It's possible to be a good athlete and an elite football player and vice-versa. Of course we want to recruit "elite" athletes but there's nothing wrong with recruiting good athletes that are even better football players.

Come on. We’ve been through this in many in season threads, there are MANY teams doing one year turnarounds. Posters have said records don’t matter.

Mario is the RECRUITER, this is his time of year. Grab the star and run around grabbing every big name recruit!

We can’t have the happy to be here attitude the team had during the A&M game. That’s weak sauce.
No 2 situations are exactly alike just as no 2 coaches are exactly. Seeing things at a micro level frustrates many in the herd of I want results NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back