2023 Samson Okunlola 2.0 - Commits to UM12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I'm saying. I read and read with everyone overreacting. these kids will visit and do what they do. If Diaz was still here, I believe that at least half the kids in our class would not or ever really been on our radar. Some recruits have even said that as well.
Half the kids in the class are 3 stars. That's exactly who would have been on the radar

Advertisement
Napier is such a cornball.

My brother n law played for Clemson when he was the OC. He can’t stand the guy. He said he hopes Florida loses every game.
I Feel You Chris GIF by NETFLIX

Half the kids in the class are 3 stars. That's exactly who would have been on the radar
Being fair..I would say only 4 of those 3* kids are guys who I would say the fanbase might not cry over if they flipped. (Pulliam, Mikeska, Tinalou and Tripp)

The rest if not all are VERY high on and are sought after by other big time programs. (BWashington, EWilliams, Spencer, Horton, Kinsler, Lew)

And Carver is the outlier.

Facts. You are talking about a international company that's making money hand over fist. I use to work for them many moons ago. The sugar water is one of the biggest mark(besides healthcare)

I remember we were sending 33 pallets a week of soda into Walmart. For perspective, a pallet of 12-packs is 200 cases. A case is 2 12-packs, 400 packs of soda on pallet. Pepsi don't need 18 to market for them.
I work for them currently. We made 67 million cases (24 bottles a case) of a gatorade last year. It’s insanity.

Advertisement
Being fair..I would say only 4 of those 3* kids are guys who I would say the fanbase might not cry over if they flipped. (Pulliam, Mikeska, Tinalou and Tripp)

The rest if not all are VERY high on and are sought after by other big time programs. (BWashington, EWilliams, Spencer, Horton, Kinsler, Lew)

What "big time" programs are beating down those guys doors? Must have missed it. But anyway the point wasn't to say those guys suck. I responded to the guy saying half of our class wouldn't even be on Manny's radar. So Manny was recruiting 2 stars yet pulled Top 15 classes?

I get all the other guys, but what big time programs are after Emory?

All of these three stars are being recruited by big time programs
Georgia, Ohio state, and bama stuck looking with envy at our 3 star gems just like they have for the past decade.

Suckers

Advertisement
What "big time" programs are beating down those guys doors? Must have missed it. But anyway the point wasn't to say those guys suck. I responded to the guy saying half of our class wouldn't even be on Manny's radar. So Manny was recruiting 2 stars yet pulled Top 15 classes?
I think that stands but Lew was wanted by SEC schools, Spencer was a Veneables commit and Mikeska was committed to Clemson. Still, overall your point stands. In terms of overall recruiting, it’s the top of the class that is important. Our top 10 guys were all highly sought after. Manny would usually only get 1-3 of those a cycle.

I think that stands but Lew was wanted by SEC schools, Spencer was a Veneables commit and Mikeska was committed to Clemson. Still, overall your point stands. In terms of overall recruiting, it’s the top of the class that is important. Our top 10 guys were all highly sought after. Manny would usually only get 1-3 of those a cycle.
lew i think was uGA right? i know they wanted him bad or one of the OL commits.

bobby washington is a supremely talented kid.

look im negative, but this class is good. the weaknesses arent in the stars imo, but at certain positions that relate to a certain idiot OC

I work for them currently. We made 67 million cases (24 bottles a case) of a gatorade last year. It’s insanity.
Yea cold drink is where they make a killing. They do good in bulk cases. A 2liter is 1.99 and a 20oz 1.99, they bank on people not wanting to drink a whole 2 liter even though it's a better valve compared to the 20oz. Great Company, Insurance was A1.

Advertisement

Speak for yourself.

I'd hate to lose Mikeska and Tinilau...Frankie is built like a specimen OL and started getting a ton of serious attention/offers this fall. Has only started playing serious football the past 2 years.

Mikeska was committed to Clemson and is an elite athlete and is considered the best TE in Texas and top 25 player in the state by state rankings.

Speak for yourself.

I'd hate to lose Mikeska and Tinilau...Frankie is built like a specimen OL and started getting a ton of serious attention/offers this fall. Has only started playing serious football the past 2 years.

Mikeska was committed to Clemson and is an elite athlete and is considered the best TE in Texas and top 25 player in the state by state rankings.

Cmon man, the use of "elite athlete" is tossed around waaaay to frequently.

Georgia, Ohio state, and bama stuck looking with envy at our 3 star gems just like they have for the past decade.

Suckers
Just because a kids a three star doesn’t mean he can’t be good it’s about traits and development more then anything

Advertisement
Pretty sure if Manny was still here we would not have the OL or LB recruiting we have right now. The LB room is such a mess because of his crappy LB recruiting over the previous 6 years. We were ranked 60 something when Manny was canned last year. Just because he lucked into a year where no one could take visits does not make him a good recruiter. Mario has made mistakes with things like hires but the guy can recruit. **** he pulled that 60 something ranked class into the top 15 pretty much on his own.

Cmon man, the use of "elite athlete" is tossed around waaaay to frequently.
ok.. maybe elite is too strong.. what word would you like to use?... 6'5.5", 235lbs, 4.6 40.... i'm not saying "generational" or he's like a Nyckoles Harbor, but those aren't common traits/characteristics in a high school athlete... lots of raw tools to work with... he's better than a "good" athlete.. somewhere between "good" and "elite"?

Woah woah woah Tinilau is not in the least bit disposable.

Woah woah woah Tinilau is not in the least bit disposable.
Disposable is harsh.

He’s a project, a big project (literally and figuratively). He’s not close to playing here. His potential is very high, but he could also easily bust out. He’s the type of frame you take a risk on if you have certified studs ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back