2023 Samson Okunlola 2.0 - Commits to UM12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kid is playing it right. He has never once given people a clue as to his plans which in this era means increasing the bag. He has probably let the universities know what he expects the size of that bag to be but hasn’t publicly leaned in any direction. Quiet as an enormous mouse!

I think that he will tell us where we stand at the end of this visit and what he needs us to do to come here. Whether he is telling the truth or not, that is still not a decision. He is the one that decides where he goes but in the meanwhile regardless if we up our bag or not, he has done his best in making the bag at that decided location as large as possible. That’s the name of the game, and he is playing this perfectly. Sit back as we may be the one all along (or maybe it’s MSU) but I would give less credit to this visit (my opinion on how he is playing his hand).
From what I’ve read he has said the bag size he wants and no one has agreed to it but up til now, our offer has been the highest.

Advertisement
Now that they have the money, this is a f^ck you message from Billy to Mario and Miami. They’ll throw whatever they need to get Samson and Fletcher.

We let them do it with Rashada. The buck should stop there. I think doing it with an o-lineman that Mario has worked on for months would be a huge win for them. Can’t let it happen.

With that being said, still saying Cane for both. More confident in Samson.
fletcher really seems to like atmosphere a lot. well see. just pay him a big bag and call it a day

Now that they have the money, this is a f^ck you message from Billy to Mario and Miami. They’ll throw whatever they need to get Samson and Fletcher.

We let them do it with Rashada. The buck should stop there. I think doing it with an o-lineman that Mario has worked on for months would be a huge win for them. Can’t let it happen.

Right. And top 10 class aside, we cannot lose 3 top recruits, 2 high profile, to the 6-6 Gators…I think that’s all a lot of posters are saying throughout the threads.

fletcher really seems to like atmosphere a lot. well see. just pay him a big bag and call it a day
I just know deep down my Heritage guy can say whatever he wants, I’ve always had the suspicion that either a). It’s Heritage and they have really never been loyal, and b). Johnson back in the fold leads me to believe the staff might turn to a more experienced back in the portal. I think that would be a mistake, I really like Fletcher’s game and he wants to be a ‘Cane.

Just match the bag or come close to it. Don’t cool on him either.

I just know deep down my Heritage guy can say whatever he wants, I’ve always had the suspicion that either a). It’s Heritage and they have really never been loyal, and b). Johnson back in the fold leads me to believe the staff might turn to a more experienced back in the portal. I think that would be a mistake, I really like Fletcher’s game and he wants to be a ‘Cane.

Just match the bag or come close to it. Don’t cool on him either.
agreed. id rather two HS kids than a portal back unless the portal back is ELITE. you can play young RBs right away

Advertisement
Samson will be at Miami (confident guess). He has greater brand opportunity and guaranteed high level coaching and development at his position for the entirety of his college career.

I think we did let them do it worth Rashada because the price was ultimately greater than the expected return. Basically, we didn’t think Rashada was worth the amount UF was willing to pay. There are IMO, 3 players for whom UM will not be outbid because our coach has determined these players to be worth whatever it takes:
Francis
Cormani
Samson

Others may emerge but I am confident about these 3. Aftert that it will all be about perceived market value.

Advertisement
I think we did let them do it worth Rashada because the price was ultimately greater than the expected return. Basically, we didn’t think Rashada was worth the amount UF was willing to pay. There are IMO, 3 players for whom UM will not be outbid because our coach has determined these players to be worth whatever it takes:
Francis
Cormani
Samson

Others may emerge but I am confident about these 3. Aftert that it will all be about perceived market value.
Inniss is supposedly at the top of this list for us according to Cribby.

Fortunately for us he really thinks people will buy a clothing brand with pancakes on it for an offensive linemen…
If I ever do it’s because I fvckin love pancakes, not because this kid

Also a bit of risky business creating a brand in high school if his college career doesn’t back it up but if he does? He’ll be set

Advertisement
Advertisement
Francis
Cormani
Samson

Add Innis to that list. Might not matter in the end but Miami's offer to him is substantial. Bigger than OSU's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back