2023 Samson Okunlola 2.0 - Commits to UM12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Do they though?
Oregon OL is widely considered the best in the nation. All starters recruited by Mario and Mirabal.

Composite rankings from LT to RT:
Unranked

Not exactly highly rated kids but Dudes were all recruited and developed by Mario and Mirabal, ready made for Lanning and staff.

5 star Josh Conerly and 4 star Dave Iuli are back ups they identified and recruited before coming to Miami. We would be starting both of those cats here.

They don't need all 5 stars to succeed. But they can land them as well.

Mario has coached and recruited elite guys at Bama before that too and Mirabal had a good OL at Marshall.

Lastly, Penei Sewell, who every recruiting expert thought couldn't play tackle was recruited and developed into the #7 overall pick as a tackle by these guys.

We failed to get anyone of real impact in the portal when we knew we had holes.

So far, Francis is the obvious absolute stud. The rest are 3 star projects in Tripp, Kinsler, Lew, and a guy that’s barely played football in Tinilau.

If we don’t get Okunlola and the OL class finishes with these 5 players then I’d be slightly underwhelmed.
To be fair with Tripp, Centers don't draw stars from the ratings agencies. I don't know why, but they don't.

Advertisement
Oregon OL is widely considered the best in the nation. All starters recruited by Mario and Mirabal.

Composite rankings from LT to RT:
Unranked

Not exactly highly rated kids but Dudes were all recruited and developed by Mario and Mirabal, ready made for Lanning and staff.

5 star Josh Conerly and 4 star Dave Iuli are back ups they identified and recruited before coming to Miami. We would be starting both of those cats here.

They don't need all 5 stars to succeed. But they can land them as well.

Mario has coached and recruited elite guys at Bama before that too and Mirabal had a good OL at Marshall.

Lastly, Penei Sewell, who every recruiting expert thought couldn't play tackle was recruited and developed into the #7 overall pick as a tackle by these guys.

Ore has a ton of transfers starting and the biggest game changer being a transfer qb who is doing great in their new system

Advertisement
Ore has a ton of transfers starting and the biggest game changer being a transfer qb who is doing great in their new system
Oregon also had real talent transfer out when Mario left.

Benson
Dye
A CB who I think was starting
Jayson Jones big 6’6 340 DT

He also had 1 of the best OL Kelvin Banks 5 star committed who decomitted when he left for Miami. He starts for Texas this year

He was on verge of signing the best class in Oregon history.

Advertisement
Gaby and Lake did a brief recruiting podcast last night , recapping conversations and impressions from the recruits who were at the game.

Samson was one of the last to leave the recruiting facility after the game. He left with the IMG guys - sounded like well after midnight.

Gaby said Mario spent at least 45+ mi utes with the guys up there after his post game duties ended. That kids left included all the commits, the 2024 IMG guys. Innis &Fletcher and some others.

Gaby said that his impression from Samson is he will take his other 2 OVs , likely to OSU and possibly UF. It sure about the 5th one but guessing UF. He doesn’t expect any commitment until ESD. An interesting note: Samson resides in Massachusetts which happens to be a state that allow HS kids to collect NIL. Samson is very focused on his brand- Pancake Honcho- and is all about business.

Advertisement
Gaby and Lake did a brief recruiting podcast last night , recapping conversations and impressions from the recruits who were at the game.

Samson was one of the last to leave the recruiting facility after the game. He left with the IMG guys - sounded like well after midnight.

Gaby said Mario spent at least 45+ mi utes with the guys up there after his post game duties ended. That kids left included all the commits, the 2024 IMG guys. Innis &Fletcher and some others.

Gaby said that his impression from Samson is he will take his other 2 OVs , likely to OSU and possibly UF. It sure about the 5th one but guessing UF. He doesn’t expect any commitment until ESD. An interesting note: Samson resides in Massachusetts which happens to be a state that allow HS kids to collect NIL. Samson is very focused on his brand- Pancake Honcho- and is all about business.
You're a better fan than I. I have a hard enough time getting into watching the games every weekend. I can't imagine listening to a postgame recap for a 45-3 loss to the team I hate more than any team in sports, just to hear 5 mins of surface level talk on recruiting. Cormani is really the only reason I can get into following recruiting at this stage. He was proof that they can still land big fish.

You're a better fan than I. I have a hard enough time getting into watching the games every weekend. I can't imagine listening to a postgame recap for a 45-3 loss to the team I hate more than any team in sports, just to hear 5 mins of surface level talk on recruiting. Cormani is really the only reason I can get into following recruiting at this stage. He was proof that they can still land big fish.
the entire pod was recruiting based.

To be fair with Tripp, Centers don't draw stars from the ratings agencies. I don't know why, but they don't.
Yeah but he isn’t starting at IMG and reports are that he has been underwhelming. Still a decent prospect but this kid is a 3 star through and through as a prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back