Same game

Advertisement
One more thing:

Trey Sanders with his version of the upside down U (after the TD to make it 41).
The broken U

It's getting cool to do this and we can't do a **** thing about it.
I mean teams disrespect us even when we run them out of their building.

It is what it is.

Remember the bowl game and how the O looked when Perry came in? Now I am not saying Perry was better than King, a better leader, or anything like that. What I am saying is certain systems need a certain kind of QB. I am not convinced, at all, that King can see the field well enough to be what the O needs. We need someone that can identify what's going on and get the ball out. King seems to either need to wait until a throwing lane opens, or just tosses it out wide for a 3 yard gain. **** near everything downfield is simply a deep ball, and a prayer for a PI. His inability to stretch the field leads to a **** near impossible situation running the ball. Him running for his life to find a throwing lane is also hard to watch. I got a laugh out of them saying he's 5'11".

As for our backups, time will tell. I can't say TVD did or didn't show me anything. A few plays in garbage time mean nothing to me. This leads me to my next point. We need our backup QBs to get serious, serious game time this year. If King can not get us leads to the point the backups can get in, he's not what we need. I know that sounds harsh, but to date he has not been the QB we all thought we were getting. He is nowhere near a Heisman candidate. He was electric at Houston playing Houston's schedule, but this is big boy ball. So far he is just another of Manny Diaz's offseason portal "wins".

That being said, he'll always have my admiration for what he did to FSU last year.
Exactly.....Lashlee doesnt want to run that Malzahn offense. Lashlee wants a pass happy offense and King cant make reads/throws that need to be made.
Also I dont understand not just the Bama game but all last year....king should have been pulling the ball and running

Good to be back D$
Bout time.

Comedy Central Thank You GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

Advertisement
We are a middling ACC Coastal program and have been for a VERY long time. It hurts my soul to type that over and over but it is what it is. Sorry "true canes".
Yeah, we know Manny is not That Coach we need. I'll never forget 4th & 17!!

Just two things to say…

1) good post D$

and more importantly…

2) awesome to see my man LCE back and hope to hear from him more as the season goes!

This was the same game as Clemson and UNC last year. Or LSU in 2018. Nothing felt different. Forget the opponent for a second. We didn't play well. The takeaway for the rest of the country is that Manny can’t compete in these games. There is no evidence otherwise.

On to specifics:

- The physicality gap was expected, but still deflating. The two plays that stick out to me are Navaughn Donaldson getting spun into Cam Harris and Will Mallory getting bullied into Rambo on a bubble screen. Men against boys.

- The area that scares me the most going forward is our pass rush. No length or explosiveness. We relied heavily on blitzing Amari Carter and he was handled by their RBs. Overall, Bama toyed with our blitzes. It’s a cruel joke that the one position where we were top-level (DE) goes barren right before we play Bama.

- Giving back the Turnover Chain down a million was a low point in the history of the program. Either shelve the chain or put on a point limit where we can’t give it away.

- This loss cannot beat us twice. App State and Michigan State are coming down with confidence and momentum. They expect to win and they can. Bama openers can ruin seasons. Ask FSU and Louisville. We need to respond like we did last year after Clemson, or this season can become a nightmare real fast.

- I saw a national 247 guy say this on Twitter and it’s true—the simplicity of Lashlee’s offense is great when Miami has a talent advantage, but gets exposed against equal or superior talent.

- Bama will blow out almost everyone this year. The front seven is NFL, Young can run their offense and their two transfers (Williams and Too’Too) are difference makers. The rest of our schedule is playing a different sport.

- Stevenson and Couch are the two starting corners going forward. They were two of the only guys who competed physically.

- Given the enormous talent disadvantage, the OL competed better than I thought upon rewatch. The major exception is Navaughn Donaldson. He had no balance or bend and was the cause of the majority of our negative plays. He has no chance of going pro this year so he may as well do some Yoga and come back.

- Don Chaney needs to be the starter going forward. He’s gotten even bigger. If he doesn’t get hurt during his dominant spring, he would have been the bellcow already. He’s healthy now.

- Justice Oluwaseun looks like a good pickup. He moved very well in space and he has some pop. He knocked a moving target on a Cam screen and knocked over Will Anderson while looking for work. He needs to start somewhere.

- The talent gap was most profound at LB. Miami can’t be Miami without Miami LBs. Even a guy like Shaq would’ve made a huge difference—when he tackled guys, they stayed tackled. The one guy who did flash true talent was Keontra Smith. He will be even better against smaller teams.

- Jalen Rivers, Xavier Restrepo, James Williams , Andres Borregales and Kam Kinchens all flashed. Kinchens was very physical and actually knocked back #4 on a blitz to force an incompletion. I want to see Leonard Taylor going forward. I get playing older, bigger DL against Bama, but don’t keep a 5* talent sulking on the bench against the rest of the schedule.

- King looked about 90%. The opponent had something to do with it. Interested to see how he looks next week. TVD has had very limited opportunities but has yet to flash. I would love to see some Garcia during this homestand. Obviously, too early to judge either guy.

- The tackling has dropped off considerably since 16-19. I don’t know why. Losing elite tacklers like Shaq and Jaquan Johnson hurt, but it shouldn’t be this drastic.

- Zion Nelson played a good, clean game but I still think he should come back. His strength isn’t all the way there yet if he’s going to be a first round, instant NFL starter. In fact, everyone on our line should come back except Jarrid Williams.

Overall, it sucked. Nothing to get excited about. Best case, this is an exhibition game which showed us the level we need to reach. Worst case, it ruins our season and we kill our home crowd the next two weeks. See you at the Rock on Saturday.
6-6

Advertisement
I predicted 8-4 I am stick with that pick. My expectations weren’t that high because I Know Manny Diaz aint it. I was saying that 15-0
**** cause I was drunk and I let the slurper brigade get to me.

Manny is just not the guy. Tries hard but doesn’t have it in him. The more big games we play it’s clear. We can’t compete at a high level and barely sneak by middle tier schools.

Only time I see him getting mad is when we get screwed on a call. Never at the players. Our team is soft.

Cam needs to sit the bench. Don is the guy. WRs look to be a huge improvement.

Play Oluwasean over Navaugh. Even with the lost weight, Navaugh can’t move and somehow doesn’t even have strength at his size. It’s baffling. Where is Jarrid Williams? I know he wasn’t great, but Scaife just doesn’t have the strength or quickness either.

As others have said, Lashlee was brutal. Starting to lose some confidence that he’s as good as advertised

I thought the DTs played well actually. Especially considering our deficiencies at DE and LB. Miller, Ford, and JHH should all shine against ACC teams. Bama OL is legit a top 3 Unit and we still made some plays up the middle.

DE and LB is a problem but I think we flashed enough where we should be fine against ACC. Keontra looked good.

DBs are still kinda trash. We must lead the NCAA in targeting. I thought Manny and staff focus a ton on tackling the right way. Well we suck at it, constantly

if this team doesn’t win 10, and look good doing it, Manny is done to me

Advertisement
You would read Lances breakdowns and every other play was Donaldson ******* up. Thought him in better shape would help but he’s just not a good player. Period

Advertisement
Manny can’t compete in these games. There is no evidence otherwise.

Frankly this was my single biggest concern going into the game. It has been apparant not only in big games but also after every bye week he has coached.

At this point we have enough evidence he is simply not the man to lead this program back.
Should’ve hired Lane when we had the chance

I don’t think the analysis needs to be very complicated. The talent gap up front could not have been overcome by anything outside of an act of god. Please don’t take this as an apology for the poor execution and game plan. We are irrelevant on the national stage and it looks like we won’t fix the problem any time soon.

This is the reality of the situation.

We can’t talk too much about it because it works against us achieving the solution. We might get a few guys here and there, but we are not on our way to reaching the national benchmark. We are irrelevant and will continue to be until something drastic changes in recruiting.

Advertisement
Back