Same game

Advertisement
One more thing:

Trey Sanders with his version of the upside down U (after the TD to make it 41).
The broken U

It's getting cool to do this and we can't do a **** thing about it.

Advertisement
Clemson has always out performed their dollars under Dabo. We could do a better but $ differences are real.

I agree. One would think after all their recent national success, Clemson would pull down more profit than it does. But it’s still a small market program with an average alumni base and no significant national cachet of adoration. They're an anomaly

Last edited:
And that’s exactly what happens when you hire a coach to play make believe who never even ******* played the game! You know what no one is set out there, because since manure was never on the field, he doesn’t know what it’s like to have to be set before the play or risk getting chewed out and benched for the rest of the game.how this isn’t a bigger red flag to other posters on here is ******* mind boggling to me! All Diaz thinks is if you look cool out there with adidas gloves, Wrist bands and a visor youre going to make the play because you look Deion sanders, let’s not forget lispy is a Nole. Remember the idiot was a video engineer at espn where that’s all they care about is how cool the teams loom on the field. Smh dude is a ******* dork, he was dork in a highschool and he’s a dork now. Only problem is the espn fan boy Nole is in charge of our beloved Canes. 🤢🤮
Did manny hire himself? Everyone talks the coach and the Ad, but the problem was here way before both of them.

Did manny hire himself? Everyone talks the coach and the Ad, but the problem was here way before both of them.
Please enlighten me on this cribby, you’re way more in the loop when it comes to behind the scenes stuff then I’ll ever be. So is the the BOT plain and simple? Is it a faction within the BOT that doesn’t give a crap about building a winning program and that faction holds sway over the faction that does? Is it still a Donna the troll problem because the cancerous hires she made are still in the Hecht in high positions of authority? What is it, because we have to be able to name the problem, to fix the problem my Cane brother.

Last edited:
One more thing:

Trey Sanders with his version of the upside down U (after the TD to make it 41).
The broken U

It's getting cool to do this and we can't do a **** thing about it.
Havent been able to **** thing about it for a longtime. Thanks BOT or Donna or blake or whoever the Fvck is responsible! Because at this point, it’s been so long and the stench is so ingrained, that who even knows anymore who the culprit is.

Advertisement
Please enlighten me on this cribby, you’re way more in the loop when it comes to behind the scenes stuff then I’ll ever be. So is the the BOT plain and simple? Is it a faction within the BOT that doesn’t give a crap about building a winning program and that faction holds away over the faction that does? Is it still a Donna the troll problem because the cancerous hires she made are still in the Hecht in high positions of authority? What is it, because we have to be able to name the problem, to fix the problem my Cane brother.
What he's essentially saying and like most HC position across America is its almost a politicians job.
-With juggling the alumni; and
-The fact that the University of Miami is a private school (so essentially the majority of the students on campus come from financially favourable upbringings) and you're trying to encourage people from a different upbringing to that school and campus; and
-The history between the BoT and the football program ain't too favourable; and
-The fans across America (since the U is more of a national brand, then a local brand) have significantly higher expectations then then Uni administration;
-Further to that I don't think Manny is getting paid like a Top 20 school (his ***'t might be getting top dollar though); and
-The U has essentially been a forgotten program because we haven't been particularly competitive on a top 15 level in about 15 years (yes, we had break through years, maybe 2 or 3).

Look, I know nothing that goes on behind the program, and the above could be completely left field, but I read between the lines and listen to the posters that actually matter say important thing, and it doesn't take much to know that this HC job is a toughie, especially with vultures circling SFL to recruit.
I want Miami to be at the top like everyone else and sometime I don't agree with Manny on decision he makes, but his off the field decisions have been outstanding, I just got an issue with some things on the field and it's not his game day coaching as a HC its more schematics, but the guy knows what he knows and he's gonna coach the **** out of it and die by his sword.

I like King but he is not the QB for what lashlee wants to do. next year(hopefully) we will see a big difference in the pass game once we have a QB not a RB playing QB. That being said Lashlee is not as good as everyone hoped for. Horrible play calls. And it wasnt just yesterday in the 1st Quarter but he has done it in multiple games.

Until dIAZ is gone nothing will change as far as the team goes. Always unprepared, starts off horrible, dEFENSIVE scheme still sucks, dumb penalties, etc.... oh and still cant tackle worth a shlt
Remember the bowl game and how the O looked when Perry came in? Now I am not saying Perry was better than King, a better leader, or anything like that. What I am saying is certain systems need a certain kind of QB. I am not convinced, at all, that King can see the field well enough to be what the O needs. We need someone that can identify what's going on and get the ball out. King seems to either need to wait until a throwing lane opens, or just tosses it out wide for a 3 yard gain. **** near everything downfield is simply a deep ball, and a prayer for a PI. His inability to stretch the field leads to a **** near impossible situation running the ball. Him running for his life to find a throwing lane is also hard to watch. I got a laugh out of them saying he's 5'11".

As for our backups, time will tell. I can't say TVD did or didn't show me anything. A few plays in garbage time mean nothing to me. This leads me to my next point. We need our backup QBs to get serious, serious game time this year. If King can not get us leads to the point the backups can get in, he's not what we need. I know that sounds harsh, but to date he has not been the QB we all thought we were getting. He is nowhere near a Heisman candidate. He was electric at Houston playing Houston's schedule, but this is big boy ball. So far he is just another of Manny Diaz's offseason portal "wins".

That being said, he'll always have my admiration for what he did to FSU last year.

This was the same game as Clemson and UNC last year. Or LSU in 2018. Nothing felt different. Forget the opponent for a second. We didn't play well. The takeaway for the rest of the country is that Manny can’t compete in these games. There is no evidence otherwise.

On to specifics:

- The physicality gap was expected, but still deflating. The two plays that stick out to me are Navaughn Donaldson getting spun into Cam Harris and Will Mallory getting bullied into Rambo on a bubble screen. Men against boys.

- The area that scares me the most going forward is our pass rush. No length or explosiveness. We relied heavily on blitzing Amari Carter and he was handled by their RBs. Overall, Bama toyed with our blitzes. It’s a cruel joke that the one position where we were top-level (DE) goes barren right before we play Bama.

- Giving back the Turnover Chain down a million was a low point in the history of the program. Either shelve the chain or put on a point limit where we can’t give it away.

- This loss cannot beat us twice. App State and Michigan State are coming down with confidence and momentum. They expect to win and they can. Bama openers can ruin seasons. Ask FSU and Louisville. We need to respond like we did last year after Clemson, or this season can become a nightmare real fast.

- I saw a national 247 guy say this on Twitter and it’s true—the simplicity of Lashlee’s offense is great when Miami has a talent advantage, but gets exposed against equal or superior talent.

- Bama will blow out almost everyone this year. The front seven is NFL, Young can run their offense and their two transfers (Williams and Too’Too) are difference makers. The rest of our schedule is playing a different sport.

- Stevenson and Couch are the two starting corners going forward. They were two of the only guys who competed physically.

- Given the enormous talent disadvantage, the OL competed better than I thought upon rewatch. The major exception is Navaughn Donaldson. He had no balance or bend and was the cause of the majority of our negative plays. He has no chance of going pro this year so he may as well do some Yoga and come back.

- Don Chaney needs to be the starter going forward. He’s gotten even bigger. If he doesn’t get hurt during his dominant spring, he would have been the bellcow already. He’s healthy now.

- Justice Oluwaseun looks like a good pickup. He moved very well in space and he has some pop. He knocked a moving target on a Cam screen and knocked over Will Anderson while looking for work. He needs to start somewhere.

- The talent gap was most profound at LB. Miami can’t be Miami without Miami LBs. Even a guy like Shaq would’ve made a huge difference—when he tackled guys, they stayed tackled. The one guy who did flash true talent was Keontra Smith. He will be even better against smaller teams.

- Jalen Rivers, Xavier Restrepo, James Williams , Andres Borregales and Kam Kinchens all flashed. Kinchens was very physical and actually knocked back #4 on a blitz to force an incompletion. I want to see Leonard Taylor going forward. I get playing older, bigger DL against Bama, but don’t keep a 5* talent sulking on the bench against the rest of the schedule.

- King looked about 90%. The opponent had something to do with it. Interested to see how he looks next week. TVD has had very limited opportunities but has yet to flash. I would love to see some Garcia during this homestand. Obviously, too early to judge either guy.

- The tackling has dropped off considerably since 16-19. I don’t know why. Losing elite tacklers like Shaq and Jaquan Johnson hurt, but it shouldn’t be this drastic.

- Zion Nelson played a good, clean game but I still think he should come back. His strength isn’t all the way there yet if he’s going to be a first round, instant NFL starter. In fact, everyone on our line should come back except Jarrid Williams.

Overall, it sucked. Nothing to get excited about. Best case, this is an exhibition game which showed us the level we need to reach. Worst case, it ruins our season and we kill our home crowd the next two weeks. See you at the Rock on Saturday.
You forgot about alot of missed holds call smh but we can't dwell on this on to the next one

Advertisement
Trashlee enough said gotta have a second quarterback ready king wasn't 90 percent I'm sorry but he could left after his injury last season.. but if we can finish strong and we will..we can beat Clemson this season dabo about to have a rude awakening this season I think thoughts???

Manny needs real talent on this staff point blank period who's available to fit the culture and can help with on field production???

Advertisement
Alabama does this to everyone. I’m just looking at last year

52-24 Texas A&M (finished #4)
41-24 Georgia (finished #7)
48-17 Tenn
41-0 Miss St
63-3 Kentucky
42-13 Auburn
55-17 LSU
52-3 Arkansas

And then smoked Ohio St 52-24 (the same team that just beat Clemson by 3 TDs). Let’s see how the rest of this season plays out. The goal for this season was always 10+ wins and getting to the ACC title game.

Trashlee enough said gotta have a second quarterback ready king wasn't 90 percent I'm sorry but he could left after his injury last season.. but if we can finish strong and we will..we can beat Clemson this season dabo about to have a rude awakening this season I think thoughts???
Clemson's Defense will destroy Lashlee's offense so no.

Alabama does this to everyone. I’m just looking at last year

52-24 Texas A&M (finished #4)
41-24 Georgia (finished #7)
48-17 Tenn
41-0 Miss St
63-3 Kentucky
42-13 Auburn
55-17 LSU
52-3 Arkansas

And then smoked Ohio St 52-24 (the same team that just beat Clemson by 3 TDs). Let’s see how the rest of this season plays out. The goal for this season was always 10+ wins and getting to the ACC title game.
Let’s see how THIS Bama team does against the SEC this season.

Advertisement
Back