Same game

Advertisement
Ivey still can’t cover, worst feet I’ve ever seen...

CB play still unsatisfactory at Miami because you’re only as strong as your weakest link.
Shocked Phone GIF

Any idea what happened with Harley? I've seen some mention a possible thumb injury? Should we be concerned he wasn't able to return or were they just keeping him out of harms way during a blood bath? Really can't afford to have him go down...was expecting a big year from him

The Negative
Manny as DC is a failure vs. good teams. Manny as recruiter is a failure period. He can still be a decent HC, but he needs a real DC yesterday, and needs to stop having any influence on which LBs and other players get recruited. Because he projects wrong more than most of the local football guys on these boards. And the fact our guys can't tackle is 100% on him.

Nelson going pro is LAUGHABLE. He was getting rag-dolled as bad as Donaldson. Rivers outplayed both. Gaynor outplayed both. And Scaife defending an edge rush.? You might as well give him a matador's cape and tell him to scream "ole". Poor King needs a life insurance policy with these guys blocking for him against real competition.

Mallory better than Jordan talk is LAUGHABLE. Kid had a national stage and folded.

Ivey got smoked all game long.

Our LBs are a disgrace to the U. Keontra the only one with promise. They should have played Cave because at least then you have young guys with a shot at being good in the future learning the ropes Jennings did nothing out there. Steed and Flagg missed countless tackles. They were schooled just like UNC, no difference as D$ noted.

Likens has been here long enough to teach his receivers how to block. If Lashlee's going to screen in twin and triple sets, then the players need to do their job.

And Lashlee should not have started the game trying to run the ball. That made zero sense and put us in the hole right away. Really don't understand what he was thinking in the first quarter.

The Positive
Not too much.

WRs are significantly better at catching the ball, more talented overall.
JHH flashing. Best of our DTs already.
Despite the OL woes, it's still better than last year and the year before.
The secondary is stronger overall despite some really bad whiffs and failing to take the zone handoff on several plays
Chaney
King had some nice throws
Chantz Williams made his presence known. Now go out there and do that for 40+ snaps a game.
McCloud wasn't miserable and should be fine for the rest of the schedule

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'll throw some of my overall thoughts on the game in this thread instead of starting a thread. Too many MY THOUGHTZ threads.

*Overall, this game went as expected. If you thought this was not the end result when this game was announced, idk what to tell you, but stop watching football. Alabama and Miami are not playing the same game right now. Not a single starter on Miami's offense or defense would start for Alabama and only a few players would be in the rotation.

*I will tell you who would be in the rotation for Alabama...Leonard Taylor and James Williams. They would both be getting spot duty on that roster because they coach'em up. James Williams saw some time, but Leonard Taylor getting 0 snaps (seemingly, I didn't notice him), is ******* weird. This is college football in 2021. Freshmen play, especially your 5-star studs. Leonard Taylor not seeing snaps would be like Ed Oliver not seeing snaps in his first game in college. Spoiler alert...he was a starter from Day 1, started all 12 games, had 60 tackles and 5 sacks as a true freshman for Houston. Why Leonard Taylor isn't starting for this horrendous DL tells me we have a bunch of buffoons running this team. Oh, and btw - Oliver's first start of his career came against Oklahoma and he had 7 tackles and 2 sacks. Fvck off if you have a "whale actually" type reply to this take.

*Lou Hedley and Andy Borregales are the only two players on our roster that would start on Alabama. Hedley is the best punter in America and Andy will be the best kicker we've ever had here. Enjoy him.

*Please see my thoughts on Rhett Lashlee at the link below. I won't summarize it. But, I told he was just a guy before he was hired and he continues to be just a guy. I'll take my victory lap.

*I said this prior to the game, and my take continues to hold true. WE.ARE.SMALL. Our wide outs are tiny and as D$ laid out in his first post, this + Lashlee's scheme might be ok against some Coastal mid, but when you're playing real teams, these slow midgets stand out like a sore thumb. They are not the same as the players they are lining up against at the top of college football...and I like guys like Mike Harley. But it is what it is. Extend this argument to our EDGE rushers that are maybe in the 250 range and all should be backups. They can not hold up against a real OL, even if they flash a pressure here or there. Our LBs are non-NFL players and tiny to boot. I thought Keontra Smith was pretty terrible in the first half...but made some plays in the second half, but it was clear in the 2nd half, Saban wanted to go home, so I take any success by a Miami player in the 2nd half with a grain of salt.

*Our upperclassmen on defense are ******* trash. Bonafide unworthy players. Let me call out Gurvan Hall for a minute. Dude has been here, playing safety for a half decade and gets absolutely ******* WORKED by Bryce Young and his rudimentary freshman look off that led to a 94 yard touchdown pass. A freshman stares you down and catches you flat footed for a touchdown...yo, b, take a ******* seat. Everyone blamed Ivey for that touchdown, but it was Gurvan Hall's fault. Steed, Jennings, McCloud, this jabrone we got from Tennessee, Amari Carter (who was absolutely worked by Alabama's backfield all night) just need to go away.

*Lets talk offensive line. Everyone is hyping up Zion Nelson. Cool, keep doing that. He's developed into a nice enough pass blocker. He played fine. But he's not developed as a run blocker. That goes for everyone on the OL. These guys don't have the chest for run blocking. I thought the UNLV transfer was pretty good against the pass (maybe one pressure) but no push in the run game. If I never saw Donaldson play for Miami again, I'd be ok with it. He stinks. Gaynor is such a nobody as a player, its amazing he's started for so long. I really like Garin Justice...the people I know that know him love him and I want to buy in, but I fear we have such ****ty offensive linemen that are starting its a thankless job. Oh, and DJ Scaife is one of the most overrated OL on this team I can remember. Wow, he ******* stinks.

*Corey Flagg looks like and is used like a miniature Shaq Quarterman with the same skillset after federal and state income taxes. Take that FWIW. No idea what he can really do in coverage, but came downhill on blitzes, pretty effectively, that reminded me of Shaq.

*The veteran iDL were probably the best players on the defense. They just aren't built for this level of big boy football, but held up fine enough.

Manny’s defense was the best with Goldens recruits… think about it and it’s true. It’s been downhill since then. He isn’t the answer. We all know it. His defense is garbage against anyone with a clue. How many qb’s have we made look like Montana?? It’s not sound fundamentally at all.

Lashlees offense was the best once Kosi was slinging it around when king got hurt. I believe King for all his attributes is not the guy for this offense. But Manny loves him so it is what it is

we are and have been a middle of tge road ACC team. Without some major disturbance in the force it isn’t going to change soon.

Advertisement
That's a lot of analysis for a performance against a D1 opponent.
If we are a middle of the pack Acc team then who is top tier besides Clemson? Lol

Great question. It's difficult for us to identify ACC contenders. As we've no experience in ever winning it ourselves.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A small , fast lb that had ol on the second level eating him alive? Miami will never be Miami until the trenches look like a Miami ol/dl. When those areas are rolling everything else is easy for lb’s, db’s, skill guys and coaches. Until then we’ll be a 8–11 win team. Never contending for the playoffs. Everything else is just semantics.
Spot on again. This game is still about the trenches. If you don’t control them you lose 95% of the time. We haven’t had good ol and dl line play together for 20 years.

- where our supposed weaknesses are weren’t as bad as I expected. I expected Bama to run it down our throats and they didn’t. Kudos to our front 7 I think they showed up to a certain extent.

- back to coaching…. It’s sick when our players aren’t even lined up in a football stance pre snap because they want to look cool. On the red zone play where Cam Latu shook Keontra he was literally just standing straight up scratching his nuts pre snap. This is pop Warner level ****. BEND YOUR KNEES AND GET IN A FOOTBALL STANCE!!!

- it’s one thing to not have the same jimmy and Joe’s (this is a topic for another day) but it’s another to continue to be unprepared. Game in and game out.
And that’s exactly what happens when you hire a coach to play make believe who never even ******* played the game! You know why no one is set out there, because since manure was never on the field, he doesn’t know what it’s like to have to be set before the play or risk getting chewed out and benched for the rest of the game. How this isn’t a bigger red flag to other posters on here is ******* mind boggling to me! All Diaz thinks is if you look cool out there with adidas gloves, Wrist bands and a visor youre going to make the play because you look like Deion sanders, let’s not forget lispy is a Nole. Remember the idiot was a video engineer at espn where that’s all they care about is how cool the teams look on the field on tv. Smh dude is a ******* dork, he was dork in a highschool and he’s a dork now. Only problem is the espn fan boy Nole is in charge of our beloved Canes. 🤢🤮

Last edited:
I saw exactly what I expected against Bama. No surprises. Manny will never be the guy if we are talking national prominence and the playoffs. Wait till the NIL-gets going. There’s not much incentive to win for the U. It’s every man for himself. Now with sports in bed with gaming companies all integrity is gone. It’s just the beginning of the end.

Advertisement
Back