Sam Schwab 2014 JUCO NT but eligible for 2013 Class

Paranos

All-ACC
Sam Schwab presents an interesting scenario for Miami as a 2014 JUCO NT, but is eligible for the 2013 Class. Schwab prepped at Calvary Chapel in Murrieta, Ca where he was 6'1 235 MLB with 125+ tackles his SR year. He carried a 3.6 gpa, I have no clue what his ACT score was but I am sure with a 3.6 GPA in parochial I am sure he scored higher then the required 17 ACT. But because he stared in California's smallest school classification just west of LA, many schools over looked him.

Schwab wasn't fast enough to be an effective LB at the FBS level but was to small to play on the dline. Well that was until he hit a growth spurt and the training table, in the months between his SR year at Cavlary and 1st year of Juco at Mt. San Jancinto he grew to 6'2" and 285lbs (Some sites list him as 6'3" & 305lbs which is a huge stretch). So the next thing one would ask is that bad weight well Schwab Benches 440lbs and Squats 600lbs, so I would say not at all. Schwab is strong, high motor and high football IQ player, that played both ways for as a NT & H-back for his JUCO. Schwab was also demonstrated exemplary leadership by being named a captain with days of arriving on campus as a freshmen.

UM is looking for a few leader to emerge in the dline interior, as well as a smart player that could help guide the development some current players that would benefit from peer coaching. Not to mention in the read and react system UM currently employs it requires physical strength to engage then disengage a blocker once the play is diagnosed. An since UM missed on several DT targets for the 2013 including several JUCO's, Schwab would present the best of both worlds since he is a full qualifier out of HS he has immediately eligibility to play 3 yrs over the next 4yrs as a transfer.

Schwab would not be subject to the 1yr transfer ineligibility rule so UM if interested in him as a late addition option could wait to see how the dline performs during spring and what other 2013 DT's become available late. An if there are none available then offer Schwab during the summer as a late 2013 signee since there maybe room added to the 85 man roster by June.

Schwab is a versatile player who even more importantly is a team first guy as evident by his ability and willingness to play both ways. He even scored a few TD's on offense from the H-back position, and UM loves flexibility in their players.

Go Canes

Sam Schwab 2014 NT Juco High lights
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1568641/sam-schwab

Sam Schwab Squatting 600lbs (that's grown man strength)
[video]www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=550808294954014" width="480" height="720" frameborder="0"[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
That has to be the worst JUCO competition I've ever seen. Check out Thurston Armbrister playing left guard in the first clip.

His JUCO recruiting coordinator is talking with Art Kehoe behind the scenes. So UM staff is in very early prelim's with his juco coaches.

Go Canes

Advertisement
His JUCO recruiting coordinator is talking with Art Kehoe behind the scenes. So UM staff is in very early prelim's with his juco coaches.

Go Canes

you full of **** bro

Think what you want. Also read exactly what I said his juco recruiting coordinator reached out to Art Kehoe, how many propositions do you think UM staff gets, in particular the legendary AK. This is why I said itas very early prelimary talks. This could be as simple as thx for your recruiting inquiry and UM will be in touch, which is very boiler plate stuff. So you sir are actually uniformed and full of C#%&. But this thread is about a Young Man, who possibly could help UM at a future position of need so let's stay focused on the positive potential.

Also to further prove my point Art Kehoe and Schwab's JUCO recruiting coordinator are face book friends an Kehoe is selective on who accepts. That's where I got the video of Schwab squating 600lbs from Kehoe's*page, so again please know a thing before you a say thing. We are all here to share info on our Canes, not make attacks on others.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
That has to be the worst JUCO competition I've ever seen. Check out Thurston Armbrister playing left guard in the first clip.

You do know they played against Pierce CC and in their juco league. Pierce CC had several juco All Americans and had 15 players sign FBS scholarships, in addition MT San Jancinto beat Pierce CC 44 - 30 in 2012. The reason I mention Pierce CC is because UM heavyly recruited several of their players including Beau Sandland the #1 juco TE, and I don't think he would have been ranked that high playing garbage competition. So by association San Jancinto also plays good competition being in the same league

Go

http://www.msjc.edu/Athletics/Football/Pages/2012-Schedule.aspx

Things are looking better for this kid to get a UM offer, and he likes playing the NT spot.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Lol. Not coming to UM.

Why would you think that he is just what UM's needs a NT that is mean as F%*K and Strong as SH%&. This is the type of kid that goes to a Bama, Big Ten School then blows up. You have to remember the type Defense we are currently running requires DT's that are stronger then they are fast, where as this kid brings area quickness with viking strength ( he would be one of the top 4 strongest on the team instantly)

Go Canes!

Would take whatever we can get at DT. Have 0 confidence in anybody Golden has brought in there other than Pierre to contribute and we get 2 years of him max. We really **** the bed there in 2013.

Advertisement
Back