CFB Sam Hartman out indefinitely for Wake Forest

Advertisement
Prayers up to him and hoping for a quick return. Huge blow to Wake if it’s an extended period.

B240B471-65F5-4B47-AC6C-42C3EF285493.jpeg

They’re talking about it on the show with the Sooner and the Nole right now. Doesn’t sound good, hope whatever the condition is he recovers fully.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I get the notion of medical privacy to an extent and definitely get how speculation can be reckless but I don't understand why they don't in this instance just announce what it is to avoid the inevitable speculation.

I say in this instance because the team and Hartman himself have already given details of everything BUT the actual condition. They said he was working out in the facility, had some sort of medical "event", went to a trainer and then had a procedure. Then they said he'll be out indefinitely...but not all season.

I mean at that point just give the details. A mental health condition wouldn't be treated or described this way and if he blew out his bunghole doing some deadlifts it'll eventually leak out anyway.

Nonetheless, I'm glad it's something he's going to come back from. Kid is a gamer.

I get the notion of medical privacy to an extent and definitely get how speculation can be reckless but I don't understand why they don't in this instance just announce what it is to avoid the inevitable speculation.

I say in this instance because the team and Hartman himself have already given details of everything BUT the actual condition. They said he was working out in the facility, had some sort of medical "event", went to a trainer and then had a procedure. Then they said he'll be out indefinitely...but not all season.

I mean at that point just give the details. A mental health condition wouldn't be treated or described this way and if he blew out his bunghole doing some deadlifts it'll eventually leak out anyway.

Nonetheless, I'm glad it's something he's going to come back from. Kid is a gamer.

Because it’s not up to the school to give out that information, it’s up to the individual. You know all this already, you own your own medical information. If anybody is going to be criticized, and I’m not saying they should be, it should be the athlete himself.

Advertisement
Because it’s not up to the school to give out that information, it’s up to the individual. You know all this already, you own your own medical information. If anybody is going to be criticized, and I’m not saying they should be, it should be the athlete himself.
I know. I was just lazily lumping Hartman and the school together because they obviously were in collaboration about what was released.

Im not even really looking to be critical but just more not understanding it. This is going to come out eventually disirregardless and they've already released most of the details anyway. Then again, I personally probably don't reflexively default to privacy concerns as much as a lot of people.

I know. I was just lazily lumping Hartman and the school together because they obviously were in collaboration about what was released.

Im not even really looking to be critical but just more not understanding it. This is going to come out eventually disirregardless and they've already released most of the details anyway. Then again, I personally probably don't reflexively default to privacy concerns as much as a lot of people.

Obviously, Hartman doesn’t want it released, or the school has convinced him not to release it. It’s 100% in his hands. Who knows?

Maybe it’s some form of curable cancer that is going to put him out of commission for several months. Something along the lines of Hodgkins, and he just does not want to release it at this particular time. Could be a lot of different things. Maybe something that’s embarrassing, or not. Whatever the reasoning is, that’s his decision to make.

Obviously, Hartman doesn’t want it released, or the school has convinced him not to release it. It’s 100% in his hands. Who knows?

Maybe it’s some form of curable cancer that is going to put him out of commission for several months. Something along the lines of Hodgkins, and he just does not want to release it at this particular time. Could be a lot of different things. Maybe something that’s embarrassing, or not. Whatever the reasoning is, that’s his decision to make.
Agreed. I would never advocate for stripping that power from the individual. Not a big deal but I just found it all a little weird. It's being framed as kinda serious but then again not super serious based off the reporting like this already with titles using the term "mystery condition":

Screenshot_20220810-190640_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
Agreed. I would never advocate for stripping that power from the individual. Not a big deal but I just found it all a little weird. It's being framed as kinda serious but then again not super serious based off the reporting like this already with titles using the term "mystery condition":

View attachment 203594

Also, a lot of time student athletes, especially in their draft year, are loathe to reveal a ton of information regarding their injuries.

Again he drives this bus not the school.

The memo makes it sound like it was some practice or workout related injury, the only reason I mentioned cancers in example, is that a lot of times lumps are found secondary to an inspection or a check up for other issues, but I actually don’t think it’s something like that. It does sound like some workout related injury.

I mean, it is his information, I’m sure you wouldn’t want your Peyronie's disease information getting out. 🍆

Also, a lot of time student athletes, especially in their draft year, are loathe to reveal a ton of information regarding their injuries.

Again he drives this bus not the school.

The memo makes it sound like it was some practice or workout related injury, the only reason I mentioned cancers in example, is that a lot of times lumps are found secondary to an inspection or a check up for other issues, but I actually don’t think it’s something like that. It does sound like some workout related injury.

I mean, it is his information, I’m sure you wouldn’t want your Peyronie's disease information getting out. 🍆
You son-of-a-*****! I TOLD you that in confidence. Our battle scars from Mat Drillz are supposed to stay private!

Screenshot_20220810-211611_Google.jpg

Advertisement
Back