Sam Bruce

another SFL kid that was overrated. midget 5'7 and ya';ll thought he was good LMAO. braxton berrior the cuban from NC was way better. sad. another L for SFL

Advertisement
Calling the kid a f*cking idiot is a bit too far. He stuck will Miami after witnessing our 58-0 loss to Clemson and the firing of Al Golden immediately after. Stayed committed to a program not a coach. I'm saying if there is any way to get him back involved with the football program, we should. Everyone makes bad decision when theyre young. Give the kid another chance.
Being loyal to Miami through turmoil is not a football reason for him to come back. You can call him whatever you want, in life poor decisions have consequences unless you are ultra talented then maybe you get another shot. He is far from that, and as a result he will need to suffer those consequences. If the best you guys can do is plead for him because you feel bad, you should know how dumb your proposition for him to take up a scholarship is in the first place. The kid is a bum, was wildly overrated, had a bad injury, is not being pursued by any major programs, and has not done jack **** since he left. You are spinning your wheels because of some personal connection to the kid, or you are also an idiot. Your choice.

I said bring him in the program in anyway possible not just necessarily to play. Dude clearly needs some positive influences in his life and there is a lot of that in our football program right now.

This isn't a charity. If you want to pay for his education at a private school that he hasn't earned, go for it. He isn't qualified to be at Miami on or off the field, no matter how sorry for him you feel. There are tons of kids who need some guidance, good kids from bad situations, kids that would be much more appreciative of the opportunities they are given. Kids that wouldn't throw that opportunity away because they are a dumbass. He needs to get his degree, enter the work force like everyone else. Maybe he can mentor some kids so they don't squander the opportunity he had. This is so absurd I am not even sure why I responded to it.

He was good at STA.
He averaged 9.3 yards per reception at STA. That is the worst of any WR in the top 200 players in his class. He is vastly overrated by this fan base for no other reason than some dog in him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bc he’s the only guy you know then I’m supposed to accept that?

You’re a ridiculous but this is theme of this board is. It’s tragic

You don't have to accept anything. But there's at least a chance he's not making things up, while you...

I said bring him in the program in anyway possible not just necessarily to play. Dude clearly needs some positive influences in his life and there is a lot of that in our football program right now.

There was alot of "positivity" when he was here. Dont need another clown on the team...we already got Perry( for now)

You don't have to accept anything. But there's at least a chance he's not making things up, while you...

I didn’t say he’s making them up..I truly believes he truly believes Sam sucks. I’m questioning how in the **** he figured that out in a handful of practices. That’s pretty impossible but that’s just me.

Advertisement

I definitely don’t want him back

I didn’t say he’s making them up..I truly believes he truly believes Sam sucks. I’m questioning how in the **** he figured that out in a handful of practices. That’s pretty impossible but that’s just me.

Sometimes you can just tell. To an untrained eye, perhaps not, but to a seasoned vet of football - I think so. I remember a story about Desmond Howard's rookie year with the skins - his very first practice ended and all the veteran DBs for the skins told the coaches "he can't play". Now, those are players but I think fans who have watched a lot of football up close can tell. I remember watching greentree practices in the 90s and would see highly recruited guys look bad against teammates regularly. Pretty easy to spot, sometimes. I'm not saying Sam was one of these cases since i've never watched him live, but to make a quick assessment on a players' ability is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Sometimes you can just tell. To an untrained eye, perhaps not, but to a seasoned vet of football - I think so. I remember a story about Desmond Howard's rookie year with the skins - his very first practice ended and all the veteran DBs for the skins told the coaches "he can't play". Now, those are players but I think fans who have watched a lot of football up close can tell. I remember watching greentree practices in the 90s and would see highly recruited guys look bad against teammates regularly. Pretty easy to spot, sometimes. I'm not saying Sam was one of these cases since i've never watched him live, but to make a quick assessment on a players' ability is not out of the realm of possibilities.
This. I’ve certainly been around my share of football and seen NFL talent and talent that’s flamed out. And to Tee, I never said nor do I think that Bruce sucked, I simply don’t think he was UM caliber. He was a good athlete but many people fail to separate the athlete from the football player. I was with him in practice for about 6 weeks, no that’s not a long time but enough to formulate a decent impression on someone.

I'm all for second chances but I don't think the school should have to invest in him since he doesn't have any recent tape to support his ability. If he really wants back in he can ask about walking on and proving he belongs. Yes, I know that the U is ridiculously expensive.

If its important enough and he feels confident enough it may be worth it to him.

Advertisement

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This. I’ve certainly been around my share of football and seen NFL talent and talent that’s flamed out. And to Tee, I never said nor do I think that Bruce sucked, I simply don’t think he was UM caliber. He was a good athlete but many people fail to separate the athlete from the football player. I was with him in practice for about 6 weeks, no that’s not a long time but enough to formulate a decent impression on someone.

I can respect that

Advertisement
Back