Sam Bruce Announcement Thread

didn't this kid used to talk shmack about us or was that someone else...either way the switch of bruce and scarlett from u school to STA has clearly helped us. **** STA is stacked this year, those two plus causey, deviant peete, and bosa...god ****

Don't remember him talking smack, remember him saying he liked F$U a lot, but that was months ago and he seems to have come back around to the U.

Ya he used to when Tavarus finally got his offer from us Bruce tweeted at him "finally" and later tweeted "and they wonder why no one wants to stay home" this is ancient history now though

Advertisement
what I remember is him saying that if all the local talent stayed home....we'd be unbeatable! So if he does commit here, you gotta think he's gonna be in everyone's ear about jointing him. And he just happens to play on possibly the most talented team in the nation....so he has plenty of peers to recruit on his team alone

what I remember is him saying that if all the local talent stayed home....we'd be unbeatable! So if he does commit here, you gotta think he's gonna be in everyone's ear about jointing him. And he just happens to play on possibly the most talented team in the nation....so he has plenty of peers to recruit on his team alone

THIS!

We're looking good for Bruce and Scarlett right now.

Bruce I would compare to Santana. As long as Bruce lives up to his potential, he can be that good.

Advertisement
Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas High School Class of 2016 WR Sam Bruce is expected to announce his Miami Hurricanes commitment on Tuesday night.

So just what kind of talent would Bruce bring to Coral Gables if he does indeed choose Miami?

Perhaps nobody knows better than the coaches he played against last year when Bruce was at University School.

A sample of their thoughts:

* Miami Booker T. Washington coach Tim Harris Jr. Booker T. won that playoff game, 45-17): "I think he's a great player. Guys with his size and stature people say they're undersized, but the kid competes so hard and plays so hard, with so much passion. His heart is so big. I look at a clip from when we played them and at halftime you see the passion with him being a sophomore at that time he was getting on everyone, telling them to step up, make a run to come back on us."

Harris says because his DB's didn't match up with Bruce athletically that they game planned him by putting their most athletic wide receiver on Bruce in that game.

"And (Bruce) had to play both ways, started cramping toward the end of the game," Harris said.

The comparison: "You look at similarities with Santana Moss, the skill set to make a big play at any time if you slip up and let him get by you," Harris said.
."

Kid is a true leader, check out the clip Coach Ice was referring to. 21:35 mark

[video=youtube;86QIEotREyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86QIEotREyY[/video]

We're looking good for Bruce and Scarlett right now.

Bruce I would compare to Santana. As long as Bruce lives up to his potential, he can be that good.

I see a little Roscoe Parrish in him too

I can see that too.

But I really see Santana in the kid. Leader, tough, playmaker, superstar , you name it. Plays bigger than his size too, the moves too. Bruce comes from a ridiculous bloodline too, his uncle is a future hall of fame WR.

Bruce might be about 5'8"-5'9" but his heart is sky high.

I really would be bummed if we didn't get Bruce.

And Ices comments are all you need to see. Bruce is special.

He has the ****iness to him too. Definition of a Old school Cane.

Example, the video that was posted right above me. I WANT that kid.

Last edited:
Like most others, I have a bias towards the bigger body receivers. However, the nature of offenses being what they are now and pass interference being the penalty du juor, guys like Berrios and Bruce can absolutely murder defenses. They put so much pressure on the middle of the field out of the slot.

Advertisement
Santana Moss/Kevin Williams/Mike Irvin/Steve Smith...

104.gif

Our wr group is going to have so much depth the next few years. Still wondering if we get Devante peete this class or not. Honestly we just need some dang Dtackles and DBs and we are good

He's a alpha!!!!

Advertisement

He's a alpha!!!!

usually them elite level lil slot dudes are.....Santana, Steve Smith....

He's a alpha!!!!

usually them elite level lil slot dudes are.....Santana, Steve Smith....

Allison in his ear too

Advertisement
Uh, we have enough big wrs right now.
I'd be shocked if he picks any one other than UM. So would most others at fsu and elsewhere.

Would be a big get.

And the more elite kids we get early for 2016, the more likely I feel like each is to stick.

Advertisement
Back