Sam Brown, WR, Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ozzy, yes. John, no.
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Advertisement
Oh, c’mon!! You think that was just a spur of the moment situation? You don’t think that there was a backstory there or issues prior to that incident?

It’s likely most on the team said “good for him to take out Brown. Kid deserved to be put on his *** for all the **** he’s been getting away with.”

That doesn’t happen by coincidence. Take the orange glasses off for a minute and think about it.
The kid got one penalty all year. George averages three a game.

Not impressed with this guys tape, looks very similar to Jacolby, don't see him as an upgrade to the room.
we need more bodies. We lost some production, if he can provide that and some height all the better.

Advertisement
Ok. I haven’t read the entire thread. If that’s the case then, cool.

I still have a hard time believing there is no back story there but @JustAFanHTX is one of the most informed posters here so I will default to his assessment of the player and situation.
The good part of this thread starts here.

Not impressed with this guys tape, looks very similar to Jacolby, don't see him as an upgrade to the room.
Funny how you can go through thread, see that there may be some previous character concerns, then claim to watch the guy play and claim that he looks anything like Jacolby

Oh, c’mon!! You think that was just a spur of the moment situation? You don’t think that there was a backstory there or issues prior to that incident?

It’s likely most on the team said “good for him to take out Brown. Kid deserved to be put on his *** for all the **** he’s been getting away with.”

That doesn’t happen by coincidence. Take the orange glasses off for a minute and think about it.
You see a video of a kid getting pushed to the ground by a teammate and classify him as the villain and the perpetrator as the hero. Amazing.

Advertisement
He is not a Colbie replacement like I mentioned. He has a different body type, and different type of WR. If you want to add a WR that had production then its still an upgrade to the room.

This guy is bigger and little more physical than Jacolby. With Horton being an unknown and it not being wise to rely on a freshman (Trader) to be the automatic starter you bring in a guy like this that was a starter last year, put up numbers, and knows your system to at least push those other guys to be great. Let the best guy win the job.

Advertisement
Article below on how much Brown has matured since the well publicized slap 2 years ago. He even refers to that version of himself as "Young Sam" and how he learned from the incident promising himself that it would never happen again.

Using that one moment to label him is lazy and disrespectful, but its what bum fans do. I'm excited about the kid and know he's gonna blow up here!

Advertisement
So adding simliar JG to the room doesn’t impress you. Tough crowd. Must be one heck of a room.
View attachment 287828
Some people don’t want to guarantee the best WR in the conference, they would rather roll the dice and hope. I don’t understand why anyone would be mad about this.

We’re building an offense to score 40+ a game

I'm thinking about roster space, IMO we have much more pressing needs than just adding another body to the WR room, now if this kid was Marvin Harrison Jr, I'd be singing a different tune.
It’s not another body though…? The dude produced and has the traits you want at WR it’s not like we’re adding another Frank Ladson or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back