Sam Brown, WR, Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Official Visit to A&M tomorrow. Sounds like he’s a high priority for them. From their 247 board it seems they’ve known about this for a while and kept It under wraps until tonight. Gotta make sure he gets down to Miami

Official Visit to A&M tomorrow. Sounds like he’s a high priority for them. From their 247 board it seems they’ve known about this for a while and kept It under wraps until tonight. Gotta make sure he gets down to Miami
Trouble Alert GIF

Advertisement
There's no fantasy here. TVD did a poor job at distributing the ball. You have to look at the whole picture. Go back and look at the game film. Was Young open at times where TVD didn't see him or just decided to go elsewhere?

So, if you look only at production, the why are they saying Young is now WR1 at UGA sfter theeir spring game? Why did the 2 time national champions take him in the 1st place? Sorely, they didn't come to the same conclusion you did.

You can't compare Young to George. They play different WR positions. That's like comparing X to Horton.

The comparison of Young is to Horton. They play the same WR position.

So, instead of of 2 bigs in Young and Horton, you have 2 similar types in Brown and George. There's no right or wrong. It's just opinions on the talent and the acquisition of it.

People want to act like robots. Conform or be chastised. I'm a free thinker. I have my opinions and I'm not afraid to share them even if they are unpopular. The criticism doesn't bother me. Debate is healthy.
On the bolded i stated earlier in this thread i counted 3 gimme tds that he missed to colbie young.

m talking bout Young scaling scott free....

Couldn’t have said it any better. The best/most skilled guys will always get the ball. Malik Naebers got targeted 130 times last season, Odunze with 141 targets, MHJ had 117, McMillan had 131, Burden had 122, and Franklin had 115. Let’s keep in mind that X had 122

tHOSE ARE THE YPC OF THE GUYS YOU LISTED. AND THE BOTTOM IS X...THOSE GUYS DOUBLED HIS TD TOTALS AS WELL.

He isnt the level of those guys....he may go up a lvel with better qb play and i wanna see some more yac from him. Im glad he returned but i understand the ocncerns and how why u see posters wanting to bring in another stud.

Reactions: E1k
Survive the A&M visit and that would obviously be a good sign, but from an optimistic point of view, hopefully he’s just gathering a figure from them and allowing Miami to match or exceed said figure during his weekend visit (assuming he doesn’t shut it down beforehand).

Moreover, I hope we pay up for him, if it comes down to it.

Survive the A&M visit and that would obviously be a good sign, but from an optimistic point of view, hopefully he’s just gathering a figure from them and allowing Miami to match or exceed said figure during his weekend visit (assuming he doesn’t shut it down beforehand).

Oil money gonna be tough to beat if they really want em

Advertisement

You rather land him or a top DT?
Imo we need to have our priorities in order. And while I want Sam Brown (I'd much rather have him than any other wr in portal right now tbh), I don't think we can break the bank for him without having other tradeoffs. And given his top 3 outside us appears to be A&M and LSU, I expect him to get a big bag. I bet he'll be more expensive than Martinez....

To me this would be spending in order of priority:
1. Two of Damonic Williams, Derrick Harmon, CJ West, Simeon Barrow
2. Damien Martinez.
3. Get best DB we can from something like: Tacario Davis > Anthony Johnson Jr, Terrence Brooks, Micah Bell, Dyoni Hill, Snaxx Johnson > Jaylin Clark
4. Sam Brown.
5. Get 2nd best DB we can from that top DB group.
6a. If missed on Sam Brown get next best WR we can
6b. Get Best EDGE we can get from Jaquez Evans > Anthony Dunn Jr > Tyler Baron >> Josh Griffis or other player TBD
7. Get a LB.

Like if we walked away with Harmon, West, Martinez, Anthony Johnson, Dyoni Hill, and an EDGE I'd call that a great Spring for us. Not the best obviously, but that would be finding the answers to the most important needs right now, and likely is a realistic NIL budget...

Last edited:
Imo we need to have our priorities in order. And while I want Sam Brown (I'd much rather have him than any other wr in portal right now tbh), I don't think we can break the bank for him without having other tradeoffs. And given his top 3 outside us appears to be A&M and LSU, I expect him to get a big bag. I bet he'll be more expensive than Martinez....

2. Damien Martinez.
3. Get best DB we can from something like: Tacario Davis > Anthony Johnson Jr, Terrence Brooks, Micah Bell, Dyoni Hill, Snaxx Johnson > Jaylin Clark
4. Sam Brown.
6b. Get Best EDGE we can get from Jaquez Evans > Anthony Dunn Jr > Tyler Baron >> Josh Griffis or other player TBD
7. Get a LB.

Like if we walked away with Harmon, West, Martinez, Anthony Johnson, Dyoni Hill, and an EDGE I'd call that a great Spring for us. Not the best obviously, but that would be finding the answers to the most important needs right now, and likely is a realistic NIL budget...
We need both! We lose a ton of games EVERY year and Mario needs as much talent as possible to overcome his enormous shortcomings.. We are not one guy away with what we have shown the last how many random years you wanna choose.

tHOSE ARE THE YPC OF THE GUYS YOU LISTED. AND THE BOTTOM IS X...THOSE GUYS DOUBLED HIS TD TOTALS AS WELL.

He isnt the level of those guys....he may go up a lvel with better qb play and i wanna see some more yac from him. Im glad he returned but i understand the ocncerns and how why u see posters wanting to bring in another stud.
What does this prove? Of course a slot wrs YPC is going to be less than an outside wr lol. X is the best slot wr in college football, there’s really no debate.

Advertisement
Oil money gonna be tough to beat if they really want em
As long as ATM doesn't offer something ridiculously over his market value and the offer is in USD then we will have every opportunity to match or exceed in tomato money, real estate money or U Health money. As long as we don't use monopoly money.

2. Damien Martinez.
4. Sam Brown.
7. Get a LB.

This is pretty close and accurate. I would just say DMartinez is more important, to me, than DT2.

This is not in response to you, but while there is some truth to it, I think the general "RBs are overrated and a dime a dozen talk" is way overplayed at this point. Is it dumb taking one in the first round of the nfl draft and/or shelling out a large guaranteed money multiple nfl year deal on one? Probably.

But for one year in college? When you minimize the opportunities he has to get hurt and be standing on the sideline for your team? Stud RBs still greatly impact the game.

1. DT1
2. RB1
3. DT2
4. DB1
5. Sam Brown
6. DE1
7. DB2
8. LB1

Advertisement
There seems to be some kind of connection between he and Ward already as they were working out together. If he bails before officially visiting, he wasn’t that serious about us.

2. Damien Martinez.
4. Sam Brown.
7. Get a LB.

The order of priorities listed above is spot on. 2 DTs and Martinez are essential and urgent needs followed by 2 DBs with man coverage ability. It is absolutely imperative that we fill those needs.

Sam Brown, Tyler Baron and Jaylin Alderman would be the types of pickups that would galvanize the WR, DL and LB position groups. This trio would be considered luxury additions yet necessary if the goal is to maximize the 2024 squads ability to both win the ACC and make and be competitive in the playoff.

There seems to be some kind of connection between he and Ward already as they were working out together. If he bails before officially visiting, he wasn’t that serious about us.
Yea not really sweating it. College Station is about a 90 minute drive from Houston so pretty easy trip for him to take midweek. As long as he makes it down this weekend, I would feel pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back