Sam Brown, WR, Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're just internet tough with juvenile insults. My opinions on a player gave you know right to try to insult me like I'm talking about your mama.

I'm old school. Don't write checks your *** can't cash.
Idk if you know how to read but I just said I wasn’t talking about any player. I’m simply calling your *** out because the last two years you have openly rooted for FSU. How that’s gone unnoticed around here by the mods is beyond me.

Advertisement
You have it all wrong. We were told Miami would go after WRs that were better than what we have. It's not a knock. We'd Basically be bringing in another Jacolby George which is not a bad thing, but it's not what we were told.

I said if we're not bringing in someone who unequivocally better, then we might as well kept Colbie. It's just that simple.

Most of the fans on CIS are acting like Brown is their relative and I should just fall in line with everyone else.

I'm not that dude!!! I have my opinions. That's what site is here for is it not? Exchange ideas and opinions?
jacolby george was a much better receiver than colbie young last year. it's not even close, and george's attention was split between catching the ball and running with it and commiting dumb personal foul penalties.

i think some folks mythologize colbie's tenure here cause of his first two starts two years ago when he had 100+ yards in both games. he played 17 more and never had 100 yards again. completely bizarre career arc, which for some lends itself to theorizing that it wasn't his fault but the QB situation/offensive coordinators/corch caveman/etc, but in his last five games here he averaged less than 35 ypg. that's not good, and arguing that this guy brown would be a downgrade from young is worse.

hope he does well at georgia, but considering how poor he was playing towards the end of the year i get why he was apparently told by the coaches that starting here wasn't guaranteed anymore. totally justified by his lack of production IMO.

Idk if you know how to read but I just said I wasn’t talking about any player. I’m simply calling your *** out because the last two years you have openly rooted for FSU. How that’s gone unnoticed around here by the mods is beyond me.
Nope. You're telling lies!!! When FSU played LSU 2 years ago, I said it would be better for the ACC and Miami if FSU won.

I know that's hard for you to understand. I knew this program when the winner of thr FSU-Miami game was playing for a national championship.

I drank the kool-aid that we were going to be a good team 2 years ago. Therefore, when we played FSU, it would actually mean something if both teams are ranked.

At the time, I was certain our team was better than theirs. If we were both ranked and we beat them, it would elevate us.

You're trying to pass that BS off on me because we haven't held up our end of the bargain since we joined the ACC. Two years ago, we sucked and they were good. I thought we would be good. Since we were not and it stung, people needed to pass that anger off on me. I just laughed at that BS!!! I'm a gladiator. I want to battle against your best not your worst.

When Miami joined the ACC, we were supposed be playing FSU in the title game year in and year out. Let's say 2 years ago, Miami went 11-1 with a loss to FSU in the regular season and faced them again in the ACC title game. Would you want to face a FSU team in the title game with them having 0 , 1, or 2+ losses? The better their record, it increases probability that Miami goes to the CFP with an ACC championship win. Beating a 2 or 3 loss team does nothing to help your chances to get into the 4 team playoff.

That's the framework from which I operate. That's how it used to be. I don't need my opponent to be crappy in order for me to be good. I'm already good so bring your best. That's how I roll. That's how old school Canes rolled.

Advertisement
Nope. You're telling lies!!! When FSU played LSU 2 years ago, I said it would be better for the ACC and Miami if FSU won.

I know that's hard for you to understand. I knew this program when the winner of thr FSU-Miami game was playing for a national championship.

I drank the kool-aid that we were going to be a good team 2 years ago. Therefore, when we played FSU, it would actually mean something if both teams are ranked.

At the time, I was certain our team was better than theirs. If we were both ranked and we beat them, it would elevate us.

You're trying to pass that BS off on me because we haven't held up our end of the bargain since we joined the ACC. Two years ago, we sucked and they were good. I thought we would be good. Since we were not and it stung, people needed to pass that anger off on me. I just laughed at that BS!!! I'm a gladiator. I want to battle against your best not your worst.

When Miami joined the ACC, we were supposed be playing FSU in the title game year in and year out. Let's say 2 years ago, Miami went 11-1 with a loss to FSU in the regular season and faced them again in the ACC title game. Would you want to face a FSU team in the title game with them having 0 , 1, or 2+ losses? The better their record, it increases probability that Miami goes to the CFP with an ACC championship win. Beating a 2 or 3 loss team does nothing to help your chances to get into the 4 team playoff.

That's the framework from which I operate. That's how it used to be. I don't need my opponent to be crappy in order for me to be good. I'm already good so bring your best. That's how I roll. That's how old school Canes rolled.
Idc how you roll….you were cheering for FSU. Enough said….

@PIPO
Excited Celebration GIF by NC State Athletics

Advertisement
jacolby george was a much better receiver than colbie young last year. it's not even close, and george's attention was split between catching the ball and running with it and commiting dumb personal foul penalties.

i think some folks mythologize colbie's tenure here cause of his first two starts two years ago when he had 100+ yards in both games. he played 17 more and never had 100 yards again. completely bizarre career arc, which for some lends itself to theorizing that it wasn't his fault but the QB situation/offensive coordinators/corch caveman/etc, but in his last five games here he averaged less than 35 ypg. that's not good, and arguing that this guy brown would be a downgrade from young is worse.

hope he does well at georgia, but considering how poor he was playing towards the end of the year i get why he was apparently told by the coaches that starting here wasn't guaranteed anymore. totally justified by his lack of production IMO.
There's no fantasy here. TVD did a poor job at distributing the ball. You have to look at the whole picture. Go back and look at the game film. Was Young open at times where TVD didn't see him or just decided to go elsewhere?

So, if you look only at production, the why are they saying Young is now WR1 at UGA sfter theeir spring game? Why did the 2 time national champions take him in the 1st place? Sorely, they didn't come to the same conclusion you did.

You can't compare Young to George. They play different WR positions. That's like comparing X to Horton.

The comparison of Young is to Horton. They play the same WR position.

So, instead of of 2 bigs in Young and Horton, you have 2 similar types in Brown and George. There's no right or wrong. It's just opinions on the talent and the acquisition of it.

People want to act like robots. Conform or be chastised. I'm a free thinker. I have my opinions and I'm not afraid to share them even if they are unpopular. The criticism doesn't bother me. Debate is healthy.

There's no fantasy here. TVD did a poor job at distributing the ball. You have to look at the whole picture. Go back and look at the game film. Was Young open at times where TVD didn't see him or just decided to go elsewhere?

So, if you look only at production, the why are they saying Young is now WR1 at UGA sfter theeir spring game? Why did the 2 time national champions take him in the 1st place? Sorely, they didn't come to the same conclusion you did.

You can't compare Young to George. They play different WR positions. That's like comparing X to Horton.

The comparison of Young is to Horton. They play the same WR position.

So, instead of of 2 bigs in Young and Horton, you have 2 similar types in Brown and George. There's no right or wrong. It's just opinions on the talent and the acquisition of it.

People want to act like robots. Conform or be chastised. I'm a free thinker. I have my opinions and I'm not afraid to share them even if they are unpopular. The criticism doesn't bother me. Debate is healthy.
Debate is healthy, your WR breakdown is nasty work.

Advertisement
Debate is healthy, your WR breakdown is nasty work.
It's more of a jab at the coaches and the people putting out information that, "Miami is only going after a bigtime elite WR."

Brown is a good player. In my opinion, he's not the kind of guy we were told Miami would aquire.

Again, he can help us, but we were basically told elite WR or take nothing. Maybe they feel he's elite.

This feels like when MiamiFlo told FSU fans that Keon Colman was a really good WR, but he wasn't elite. The hate poured in and hasn't stopped.

Advertisement
It's more of a jab at the coaches and the people putting out information that, "Miami is only going after a bigtime elite WR."

Brown is a good player. In my opinion, he's not the kind of guy we were told Miami would aquire.

Again, he can help us, but we were basically told elite WR or take nothing. Maybe they feel he's elite.
They always put that word out. So far it has happened once with Ward. Hopefully at RB it will happen again.

Elijah Badger kid could definitely be a #1.. He is highly thought of out west.. Kid is talented.. Brown is also, hope we can grab one
Not directed at you but just in general This narrative of WR1 is foolish to me. Xavier Restrepo is WR1 no matter who we bring in. He’s the guy we go to when we need a play. Whoever we get out of the portal is WR2/3 unless we get a top 5 WR in CfB like the guy at Arizona.

We’re looking for another weapon and I agree with you Badger and Brown are just that all conference caliber weapons to add to the stable.

Not directed at you but just in general This narrative of WR1 is foolish to me. Xavier Restrepo is WR1 no matter who we bring in. He’s the guy we go to when we need a play. Whoever we get out of the portal is WR2/3 unless we get a top 5 WR in CfB like the guy at Arizona.

We’re looking for another weapon and I agree with you Badger and Brown are just that all conference caliber weapons to add to the stable.
We won 6 games with xr7 as wr1.. There is a reason we tryna add talent, we need to raise the bar much higher..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back