Sam Brown, WR, Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the talent we have in the room at WR I believe Cam will make our wr's all better and a true number 1 will appear by mid-way through the season. Big fan of Jo Jo and Carr who will have to prove they belong, and our upperclassmen (X, George, Horton, etc and unproven quality TE's). Whoever is out there come game time I have the utmost confidence that Cam will raise all their games.

Also, we have Chance coming in yet. He is no slouch either and some here debated who was the best WR we got from that class. Obviously cannot say too much about him since he will not be in for a little yet, but him, Jo Jo, and Carr is definitely something to look forward to down the road.

Advertisement
A lot of catches and only 3 TDs in a conference that plays defense like G5 schools.

I said he's good. I just don't think he's better than what we already have. Is he WR1 on our team?
He was WR2 at Houston.

He has experience, but who in our WR room is he better than? Is he WR 1, 2, 3, 4, 5?

Remember, we were told Miami would only go after an elite WR. That's the bar I'm measuring against.
Many things very wrong with this post and others you made after.

1. You making fun of their conference as if the ACC is some juggernaut conference. Houston played (#3 Texas (playoff team), #16 OK St, TCU, #18 Kansas St, West Virginia, Baylor, and Cincinnati.

You really think our schedule last season was that much better? No...don't overhype the ACC.

2. You say Sam Brown wasn't Houston's #1 WR. Based on what? Houston leading receiver stats below:

Sam Brown: 62/815/3
Joseph Manjack: 46/577/6
Matthew Goldon: 38/404/6

I think that's pretty clear that he was their #1.

3. You assume Colby Young is better? Based off what? Can't be stats.

Colby Young: 47/563/5

Can't be verified stats as Sam Brown is verified 4.44 and 37 inches of vert.

And I doubt it's film as Brown doesn't have a highlight tape posted and I highly doubt you've actually watched Houston games.

Why are we overhyping Young who was just a WR3 here?

4. You protect Young's lack of production because of TVD. Have you see Houston's garbage QB?

Miami QBs: 3,354 yards - 23 tds - 14 ints - 140.5 rating

Houston QBs: 2,898 yards - 24 tds - 13 ints - 136.7 rating

5. LSU and Auburn are chasing Sam Brown also. LSU being a school that has produced significantly more NFL wide receivers in the last few years than Georgia.

I think revisionist history is over hyping the **** out of Colby Young. He was nice, and has NFL potential. But he was far from a #1 here. He was Our #3.

Brown has the tools to easily be our #2.

Last edited:
I formulate my own opinions which is why I wrote what I wrote. I don't post for the likes. I have no problem going against the popular opinions.

Like I said, they could have just kept Young. He's going to be lit at UGA. People soured on him, but remember who was throwing him the ball. UGA knew what they were getting.

I would have preferred to have kept Colbie and have he and Horton dominate.

I'm not hating on Brown, He may become a great player by the time his college career is over. He can help the WR room, but he's not better than what we have. We were told by people here that Miami would only go after elite WRs because they really like the WR room.

Look, what you're saying makes sense, on the sole basis of statistics.

But there is more to it than that.

First, I know what my eyes saw during the games. And I saw Colbie Young giving **** effort when he wasn't involved as the primary receiver. And look, he can make the same types of excuses that TVD made, multiple coordinators, multiple starters, injuries, losses.

Second, Miami did not just decide to release Colbie Young. He was told that his starting role was not guaranteed, and that he would have to compete with the freshmen and transfers. And for that, he decided to leave.

Whether this has lit a fire under Colbie Young's ***, I don't know. Maybe he will be great at UGa. It's all up to him.

But we really need to stop acting like this was some kind of "trade". Maybe a Portal WR will be better than Colbie Young is at UGa. Who knows. But we would have kept Colbie Young if he had risen to the challenge.

Is it possible Colbie Young was underutilized, didn't demonstrate great effort in his craft, would still be one of our top 3/4 WRs right now, and the staff did not believe he was worth more NIL?

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, even if he was still here, would anyone doubt Brown or Badger are clear takes for this team with Cam Ward at QB?

I mean, what the **** are some of you even arguing about in this thread guys?
Losing colbie young was always going to be a legit loss, hopefully we can find someone to replace him. In my opinion Young was the only possible legit WR1 option we had.

Look, what you're saying makes sense, on the sole basis of statistics.

But there is more to it than that.

First, I know what my eyes saw during the games. And I saw Colbie Young giving **** effort when he wasn't involved as the primary receiver. And look, he can make the same types of excuses that TVD made, multiple coordinators, multiple starters, injuries, losses.

Second, Miami did not just decide to release Colbie Young. He was told that his starting role was not guaranteed, and that he would have to compete with the freshmen and transfers. And for that, he decided to leave.

Whether this has lit a fire under Colbie Young's ***, I don't know. Maybe he will be great at UGa. It's all up to him.

But we really need to stop acting like this was some kind of "trade". Maybe a Portal WR will be better than Colbie Young is at UGa. Who knows. But we would have kept Colbie Young if he had risen to the challenge.
Look at my post right above yours.

What he's saying doesn't even make sense from a statistics standpoint. There is no statistic that conclusively supports his stance that Colbie Young is better than Brown.

Advertisement
Losing colbie young was always going to be a legit loss, hopefully we can find someone to replace him. In my opinion Young was the only possible legit WR1 option we had.
They down play Colbie young a ton o here...with a competent qb he likely has 8+ tds last year and thats with me just catching 3 misses in the like last 2-3 games.

He was "wr 3" because qb1 through the ball a million times to the slot guy. It likely continues somewhat this year as i believe Dawson o seems to push alot to slot wrs.

Colbie Young was Mua’d Dib. The Lisan al Gaib of football, the Player from the Outer World. The Mahdi of Miami, but we failed him.

Each of us failed him. As the individual, you failed him. As a people, we failed him. As a program, it failed him.

Losing Mua’d Dib to Georgia will usher in the end of thinking machines. Each of us will wage our own Jihad now. Each of us will lose. Drink the water of life, writhe as the worm, become as the dead.

Its Time Adventure GIF by Dune Movie

Colbie Young was Mua’d Dib. The Lisan al Gaib of football, the Player from the Outer World. The Mahdi of Miami, but we failed him.

Each of us failed him. As the individual, you failed him. As a people, we failed him. As a program, it failed him.

Losing Mua’d Dib to Georgia will usher in the end of thinking machines. Each of us will wage our own Jihad now. Each of us will lose. Drink the water of life, writhe as the worm, become as the dead.

Its Time Adventure GIF by Dune Movie
Protect Timothee Chalamet GIF by Dune Movie

They down play Colbie young a ton o here...with a competent qb he likely has 8+ tds last year and thats with me just catching 3 misses in the like last 2-3 games. He was "wr 3" because qb1 through the ball a million times to the slot guy. It likely continues somewhat this year as i believe Dawson o seems to push alot to slot wrs.
He was a WR3 bc that’s what he allowed himself to be by lack of effort & selfish mindset. A QB doesn’t magically change that. The talent was always there.

Advertisement
Many things very wrong with this post and others you made after.

1. You making fun of their conference as if the ACC is some juggernaut conference. Houston played (#3 Texas (playoff team), #16 OK St, TCU, #18 Kansas St, West Virginia, Baylor, and Cincinnati.

You really think our schedule last season was that much better? No...don't overhype the ACC.

2. You say Sam Brown wasn't Houston's #1 WR. Based on what? Houston leading receiver stats below:

Joseph Manjack: 46/577/6
Matthew Goldon: 38/404/6

I think that's pretty clear that he was their #1.

3. You assume Colby Young is better? Based off what? Can't be stats.

Colby Young: 47/563/5

Can't be verified stats as Sam Brown is verified 4.44 and 37 inches of vert.

And I doubt it's film as Brown doesn't have a highlight tape posted and I highly doubt you've actually watched Houston games.

Why are we overhyping Young who was just a WR3 here?

4. You protect Young's lack of production because of TVD. Have you see Houston's garbage QB?

Miami QBs: 3,354 yards - 23 tds - 14 ints - 140.5 rating

Houston QBs: 2,898 yards - 24 tds - 13 ints - 136.7 rating

5. LSU and Auburn are chasing Sam Brown also. LSU being a school that has produced significantly more NFL wide receivers in the last few years than Georgia.

I think revisionist history is over hyping the **** out of Colby Young. He was nice, and has NFL potential. But he was far from a #1 here. He was Our #3.

Brown has the tools to easily be our #2.
Sick Slay GIF by Hop To It Productions

He was a WR3 bc that’s what he allowed himself to be by lack of effort & selfish mindset. A QB doesn’t magically change that. The talent was always there.

Agree.

I said it when back whenever that he was lazy as **** out there. His routes flat out sucked. I also said you can correct that, but that it's on him.

They down play Colbie young a ton o here...with a competent qb he likely has 8+ tds last year and thats with me just catching 3 misses in the like last 2-3 games.

He was "wr 3" because qb1 through the ball a million times to the slot guy. It likely continues somewhat this year as i believe Dawson o seems to push alot to slot wrs.

I was one of the first to talk about Colbie Young and advocate for his playing time when he was just a backup.

And I'll root for the kid to succeed. I know he has talent.

But he drifted badly last year. And he didn't want to compete to keep his job.

No hard feelings.

Go cheer for FSU slapdick
You just sound f***ing stupid!!! Never seen such a fanbase try to defend a player thst hasn't played a down of football here.

I have no problem standing alone with my opinions. I literally said I think Brown is good player, but is not any better than what we have. We have a really good WR room.

We were told Miami would only go after elite WRs because the room is solid.

If that hurts your soft ***, you can take your weak minded *** to Tally!!! You're not built for this!!!

Advertisement
You just sound f***ing stupid!!! Never seen such a fanbase try to defend a player thst hasn't played a down of football here.

I have no problem standing alone with my opinions. I literally said I think Brown is good player, but is not any better than what we have. We have a really good WR room.

If that hurts your soft ***, you can tske your weak minded *** to Tally!!! You're not built for this!!!

This is not a response to you personally, but we also have members of the fanbase who REFUSE to give a player a chance before he's ever played a down of football here.

I understand why you liked Colbie Young, I liked him too. But he slacked off last year and didn't want to fight to regain the trust.

I said he was good like 5 different times. I just don't think he's better than what we have. That's my opinion. We have a really good WR room.

Can he help us? Yes, definitely.

Is he going g to come in a be WR1? Not likely.

I'll say he's a good hedge against Jacolby George. If George acts up, he's riding the pines watching. Rown would be productive regardless, but probably wouldn't dominate the snaps.
I see your point. But the problem is that most elite receivers are already on frontrunner teams.
Very rare to find a Belitnikoff winner in the portal. Addison was an anomaly and he also had a pretty good qb throwing to him.
So we might have to trust the evaluation if indeed brown ends up being the dude.
I doubt anyone would’ve thought Zay Flowers was gonna go in the first round after his sophomore season or even less, think he’s a number one receiver.

I get it, they told us elite and we want the big proven name. But none of the Ohio state receivers are entering the portal.

Reality is that stats don’t always equate to elite talent regardless of what we believe.
Rambo caught 79 passes for almost 1200 yards. That same dude is a free agent right now.

So, if we can get that same type of production from anyone in the portal then by definition he’s an elite transfer piece.
But doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a draft pick and it also means that what you see on tape is more important than stats. Yes stats matter. But they matter more of they are a complete outlier.
Bain for example on defense.

KJ Osborne by definition was not an elite transfer target who wasn’t being chased by the frontrunners.
Kj Osbourne had less than 600 yards here.
He is now on the patriots after playing with the Vikings.

Very few would’ve preferred Kj over Rambo just based on college production and measurables as well as HS and even portal rankings.
And yet one balled out and went undrafted and the other one is in the league despite having half of that the other had here.

Whoever tf we get may be an elite receiver that doesn’t put up 1k. But is likely a legit threat that puts an immense amount of pressure on defenses and makes us a way better team.

It’s one thing to have weapons with no arm. But giving Ward legit receivers at x y and z with good tight ends is gonna be a problem. There is also a legit possibility that the best receivers in the team even with an elite transfer might actually be in the tight end room.

This is not a response to you personally, but we also have members of the fanbase who REFUSE to give a player a chance before he's ever played a down of football here.

I understand why you liked Colbie Young, I liked him too. But he slacked off last year and didn't want to fight to regain the trust.
You have it all wrong. We were told Miami would go after WRs that were better than what we have. It's not a knock. We'd Basically be bringing in another Jacolby George which is not a bad thing, but it's not what we were told.

I said if we're not bringing in someone who unequivocally better, then we might as well kept Colbie. It's just that simple.

Most of the fans on CIS are acting like Brown is their relative and I should just fall in line with everyone else.

I'm not that dude!!! I have my opinions. That's what site is here for is it not? Exchange ideas and opinions?

Advertisement

We were told Miami would only go after elite WRs because the room is solid.

If that hurts your soft ***, you can take your weak minded *** to Tally!!! You're not built for this!!!
I’m not defending the player little boy. I’m simply calling you out for openly rooting for FSU on here multiple times. Go lose your **** somewhere else.

Who is it a response to then?

I see your point. But the problem is that most elite receivers are already on frontrunner teams.
Very rare to find a Belitnikoff winner in the portal. Addison was an anomaly and he also had a pretty good qb throwing to him.
So we might have to trust the evaluation if indeed brown ends up being the dude.
I doubt anyone would’ve thought Zay Flowers was gonna go in the first round after his sophomore season or even less, think he’s a number one receiver.

I get it, they told us elite and we want the big proven name. But none of the Ohio state receivers are entering the portal.

Reality is that stats don’t always equate to elite talent regardless of what we believe.
Rambo caught 79 passes for almost 1200 yards. That same dude is a free agent right now.

So, if we can get that same type of production from anyone in the portal then by definition he’s an elite transfer piece.
But doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a draft pick and it also means that what you see on tape is more important than stats. Yes stats matter. But they matter more of they are a complete outlier.
Bain for example on defense.

KJ Osborne by definition was not an elite transfer target who wasn’t being chased by the frontrunners.
Kj Osbourne had less than 600 yards here.
He is now on the patriots after playing with the Vikings.

Very few would’ve preferred Kj over Rambo just based on college production and measurables as well as HS and even portal rankings.
And yet one balled out and went undrafted and the other one is in the league despite having half of that the other had here.

Whoever tf we get may be an elite receiver that doesn’t put up 1k. But is likely a legit threat that puts an immense amount of pressure on defenses and makes us a way better team.

It’s one thing to have weapons with no arm. But giving Ward legit receivers at x y and z with good tight ends is gonna be a problem. There is also a legit possibility that the best receivers in the team even with an elite transfer might actually be in the tight end room.
Well, then it's a miscalculation by the coaching staff. In my opinion, they should have kept Young and we roll with Young and Horton as our two big WRs.

I’m not defending the player little boy. I’m simply calling you out for openly rooting for FSU on here multiple times. Go lose your **** somewhere else.
You're just internet tough with juvenile insults. My opinions on a player gave you NO right to try to insult me like I'm talking about your mama.

I'm old school. Don't write checks your *** can't cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back