Sam Brown, WR, Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
at least in responding to you I learn how I keep messing up my posts with stuff I thought I deleted, so thank you for that Original Cane

Advertisement
Advertisement
Reminder that it appears Matthew Golden is going to start for Texas, and Sam Brown doubled his yards last year in that Houston offense. I’m not sure there are gonna be better X receivers in the portal, and we already have an in with this guy. He’s an obvious candidate to go after, grab him and sit pat at receiver.

Restrepo and George are our 1 and 2. Just because this guy can line up at the WR-X spot, doesn't mean he is WR1. That is still a WR3 in this offense as currently constituted at best.

Last year, Colbie Young and Isaiah Horton COMBINED for 731 yards and 6 TDs. Jacolby George, our WR2 was 864 and 8. Restrepo a hair under 1100 and 6.

My point stands.
Your point makes no sense at all. George literally only had 10 more catches than young

Advertisement
George had only 10 more catches than young. It doesn’t matter about where who is lining up it’s about who is getting open
Let’s not forget two of his longest catches were **** poor tackle attempts with defenders falling down vs FSU and A&M.

No show against Clemson, no show against UVA, bleh against Louisville, no show against GT, too busy fighting guys vs. Rutgers. That’s five games with mediocre/below average production for someone considered a WR2.

Is some of the blame on the QB? Sure, I can agree with that 100%. But George is not some untouchable WR2. He’s not been consistent enough to earn that status. He’s good, and his ceiling is great…but how often does he reach his ceiling?

Brown is an upgrade for sure, and will at the very least push George to earn that status people are prematurely crowning him to be.

Last edited:
Who the F are you? Why is my 127th post mean anything. Sorry you are so soft. I am not sure why you were added to the message, my point was only about the center, but your panties got in a bunch. Sorry about that, how do I check with you so as not to hurt your feelings before I post

Who the F are you? Why is my 127th post mean anything. Sorry you are so soft. I am not sure why you were added to the message, my point was only about the center, but your panties got in a bunch. Sorry about that, how do I check with you so as not to hurt your feelings before I post? Ps been a member of this board for over a decade just don’t need as much outside validation of my opinions as it appears you do, thus my low post count.

You are borderline reta...

Whatever. You can't even post properly without double-quoting. Maybe you shouldn't be smoking meth while posting.

How funny. You cry like a baby because someone responded to your ****post, and now you try to call people soft. Look in the mirror.

George had only 10 more catches than young. It doesn’t matter about where who is lining up it’s about who is getting open
Its the offense, man. Where do the passes go?

Shannon Dawson's offense has more of a slot focus. When he was at Houston, Tank Dell was his top WR. Last year, it was Restrepo with us. When he was with Houston, a Jacolby George type of receiver, Kesean Carter was ahead of Sam Brown at WR and out produced him.

Here, under Dawson, Colbie Young and Isaiah Horton combined for and were essentially third options and when they were the primary read, see Memnon's post...it was on tunnel screens and other short stuff that puts them in 1v1 matchups (same with the sideline routes). What Sam Brown brings to the table is needed in our offense, but that role he would excel at here, is a role player. Its a WR3. He's your Colbie Young replacement (and probably an upgrade). Its not an insult, it just is what he likely will be here.

Advertisement
A lot of guys on this board are staying celibate until Beyonce dumps Jay-Z...
IMG_4562.jpeg

Advertisement
Its the offense, man. Where do the passes go?

Shannon Dawson's offense has more of a slot focus. When he was at Houston, Tank Dell was his top WR. Last year, it was Restrepo with us. When he was with Houston, a Jacolby George type of receiver, Kesean Carter was ahead of Sam Brown at WR and out produced him.

Here, under Dawson, Colbie Young and Isaiah Horton combined for and were essentially third options and when they were the primary read, see Memnon's post...it was on tunnel screens and other short stuff that puts them in 1v1 matchups (same with the sideline routes). What Sam Brown brings to the table is needed in our offense, but that role he would excel at here, is a role player. It’s a WR3. He's your Colbie Young replacement (and probably an upgrade). It’s not an insult, it just is what he likely will be here.
His best WRs just so happen to be slot guys that’s why they were the focus. You didn’t mention when Kevin white was the focus at wvu. Or a David sills

A lot of assumptions in that post. Particularly about encouragement/consolation (maybe nobody wanted to get punched by that other player), and I guess you know which of Houston's players are walk-ons.

And I guess that Brown didn't play in the 9 games after that. And become the team's leading WR.

But, yeah, his coaches and teammates "clearly already had enough of him and his attitude". It couldn't possibly be that another player was upset about the CONTEXT (potential to wipe out a first-and-goal situation). Yeah, it was Brown and his attitude.

Let's not forget, Shannon Dawson coached him at Houston, so maybe we can defer to his judgments and assessments of Brown's character and attitude, instead of relying on a 30 second video.

I'm not mad at you personally, I'm just bothered by the rush-to-judgment based on a short video.
A lot of excuse making and assumptions in your post too.

Notice how his positional coach wasn’t waiting for him on the sideline to immediately talk to him?

You can still be an incredibly talent player and lead a team in receiving while being absolutely disdained by your teammates…Antonio Brown.

Another player was upset about the context? So what happened first browns attitude and lack of discipline that caused the penalty or the punch by his teammate?

Then walking off the field no helmet...no hustle. I guarantee the teammate that hit him told him to either run off the field, put his helmet on, or stop being a jackass. And then brown started mouthing off to him. He would have punched him on the field if it was directly because of the penalty…I have at least seen that countless times. But to wait until you get the sideline…brown 10000% mouthed off to that player directly or was mouthing off in general.

My point is myself and the majority of this fanbase grew tired of George’s act last year and this kid seems to be a carbon copy of George. Mario has worked very hard to get the cancer out of the locker room…I’m just not sure if the locker room can manage a guy like this.

At best this kid would our #3 receiver behind X and George. If this kid was a war daddy DT I’d be all over him (pause)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back