Sam Brown, WR, Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seemed more like dude tried to fight him lol
The question then should be why did his teammate want to fight him? No one likes unsportsmanlike penalties, but 99% of the time it does not generate a response from teammates.

Notice how none of his teammates encouraged him and consoled him right when he came off the field? Then only 2-3 guys who look like walkons went over to him after.

He’s clearly a talented dude but it’s a week 3 game and based on my experiences coaching and playing they clearly already had enough of him and his attitude. Speaks volumes to me, again clearly talented…just hope the locker room is able to absorb someone like him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
View attachment 287206View attachment 287207View attachment 287208View attachment 287209View attachment 287210View attachment 287211View attachment 287213View attachment 287214View attachment 287215
Had 62rec & 815yds at 13 yards per catch & did so while playing with a sh*tty QB in a sh*tty Offense.

Good route runner with good speed & is natural hands catcher. You take this kid ALL DAY adding him onto what we already giving Cam Ward another weapon & allowing the Offense to have the versatility it needs in order to not get stiffled when teams decide to sell-out to stop one aspect of the attack. It's the patented counter-punch that I always speak about when discussing Offense. What can you do when the Defense shuts down one of your primary modes of operating?

As far as concerns about his attitude or whatever, who tf cares... He'll be here for one season & the goal is to win as many games as possible. He walks in day 1 as a starter, so he's going to get the ball plenty & as long as he's making plays & helping us win he can slap as many bítch *** QB's as he likes. And if he's slapping teammates even better, this locker room needs it.

He's a no-brainer; You add Martinez, Sam Brown & the Center from USC & the Offense has potential to be one of most dangerous in the ACC.
Hey! stay on topic, you should be showing videos of him slapping and analyze that slap…

Just messing with you. Thanks for your input as always.

lol at wr 3 or 4. Would be the best outside wr on the team
Restrepo and George are our 1 and 2. Just because this guy can line up at the WR-X spot, doesn't mean he is WR1. That is still a WR3 in this offense as currently constituted at best.

Last year, Colbie Young and Isaiah Horton COMBINED for 731 yards and 6 TDs. Jacolby George, our WR2 was 864 and 8. Restrepo a hair under 1100 and 6.

My point stands.

Where does all this Carpenter hate come from? A lot of reports said he had a good spring. He looked very solid in the spring game
I certainly don’t “hate” the dude. But he’s a mid center coming from a mid o-line having a mid spring by all accounts. It felt like a knee-jerk take at the time based on “true center” portal availability and the desire to get experience in the room, and I’ve just never been a fan based on the tape. I would LOVE to pick up the Mozambique Menace and have him miraculously win the starting job as a young kid by August, but erotic fan fiction aside, Carpenter isn’t good and I want Cam protected.

That being said, if the guy plays well next year, I’ll be the first one to get “Zaddy Carpenter” tattooed across my chest.

Advertisement
Brown averaged a little more than 1yd per catch less than Burden 13.1 vs. 14.4 respectively, and 5 less receiving TDs (3 to 8), on 21 fewer catches..... playing with a QB that couldn't hit the broadside of a barn most of the time. IMO, that means that they're are not that far apart in ability or production. Burden is probably a little faster as well. Now Here's where Brown beats Burden...... A). He's got a connection to our OC, so he won't have to learn our playbook. B). He's the one in the portal.
Burden had 400 more receiving yards……if you are going to say Brown is better than Burden you are the dumbest ************ on this planet.

You asked what a WR1 looks like and I gave you an answer. And you want to sit here and try and compare the two…Burden is a top 15 pick next year. Brown won’t sniff the first round.

Where does all this Carpenter hate come from? A lot of reports said he had a good spring. He looked very solid in the spring game

Flo.

No joke.

Flo is not a big fan of Carpenter's. Some other people have questioned his lateral movement. Mirabal likes him, though Carpenter is not as amazing as Matt Lee.

I'm hoping we can get Zandamela and perhaps one of those two can play some guard.

What are you talking a out

The center from USC is an incoming freshman (class of 24). Unless you mean for building for future, I have no idea why you listed him. No chance he is beating out the 5th year player with 25 college starts playing on Big 10. Why do you believe he is better now than Zach Carpenter?

So, for your 127th post, you decided to nitpick with myself and @Memnon . That's a choice, I guess.

Go back and re-read. I responded to a poster who said that Brown's penalty "wiped out a good run in the red zone". IT DID NOT. The penalties were offsetting, the ball was spotted where the runner went down after picking up the first down. The impact of Brown's penalty was ZERO-POINT-ZERO.

The guy POSTED A VIDEO showing all of that, but he clearly didn't watch the video to see the outcome, and then he typed up a summary that was factually incorrect.

As for what you are yapping at @Memnon about, good luck with that.

Advertisement
I certainly don’t “hate” the dude. But he’s a mid center coming from a mid o-line having a mid spring by all accounts. It felt like a knee-jerk take at the time based on “true center” portal availability and the desire to get experience in the room, and I’ve just never been a fan based on the tape. I would LOVE to pick up the Mozambique Menace and have him miraculously win the starting job as a young kid by August, but erotic fan fiction aside, Carpenter isn’t good and I want Cam protected.

That being said, if the guy plays well next year, I’ll be the first one to get “Zaddy Carpenter” tattooed across my chest.
What about his performance in spring practices, scrimmages and spring game made you think that he’s “mid”?

Burden had 400 more receiving yards……if you are going to say Brown is better than Burden you are the dumbest ************ on this planet.

You asked what a WR1 looks like and I gave you an answer. And you want to sit here and try and compare the two…Burden is a top 15 pick next year. Brown won’t sniff the first round.
I posted their stats, and never said Brown was a better WR, I said Brown is BETTER FOR US BECAUSE HE'S GOT A CONNECTION TO OUR OC AND HE'S IN THE FUCCIN PORTAL!!! Learn to comprehend before throwing out insults. I bring facts and get called a dumb muhfucca. Ya'll muhfuccas are insane :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I posted their stats, and never said Brown was a better WR. I said Brown is BETTER FOR US BECAUSE HE'S GOT A CONNECTION TO OUR OC AND HE'S IN THE FUCCIN PORTAL!!! Learn to comprehend before throwing out insults. I bring facts and get called a dumb muhfucca. Ya'll muhfuccas are insane :ROFLMAO:
You tried comparing the two. There’s no comparison….Burden ***** on Brown.

Luther Burden
I’m sure every team in the country would want him on their team lol. He’s probably the best WR in college football. Good luck finding anyone of that caliber in this portal window

Advertisement
The question then should be why did his teammate want to fight him? No one likes unsportsmanlike penalties, but 99% of the time it does not warrant a response from teammates.

Notice how none of his teammates encouraged him and consoled him right when he came off the field? Then only 2-3 guys who look like walkons went over to him after.

He’s clearly a talented dude but it’s a week 3 game and based on my experiences coaching and playing they clearly already had enough of him and his attitude. Speaks volumes to me, again clearly talented…just hope the locker room is able to absorb someone like him.

A lot of assumptions in that post. Particularly about encouragement/consolation (maybe nobody wanted to get punched by that other player), and I guess you know which of Houston's players are walk-ons.

And I guess that Brown didn't play in the 9 games after that. And become the team's leading WR.

But, yeah, his coaches and teammates "clearly already had enough of him and his attitude". It couldn't possibly be that another player was upset about the CONTEXT (potential to wipe out a first-and-goal situation). Yeah, it was Brown and his attitude.

Let's not forget, Shannon Dawson coached him at Houston, so maybe we can defer to his judgments and assessments of Brown's character and attitude, instead of relying on a 30 second video.

I'm not mad at you personally, I'm just bothered by the rush-to-judgment based on a short video.

I posted their stats, and never said Brown was a better WR. I said Brown is BETTER FOR US BECAUSE HE'S GOT A CONNECTION TO OUR OC AND HE'S IN THE FUCCIN PORTAL!!! Learn to comprehend before throwing out insults. I bring facts and get called a dumb muhfucca. Ya'll muhfuccas are insane :ROFLMAO:
Careful. He goes at everyone yet he'll run to a mod crying when the insults become personal

Advertisement
You tried comparing the two. There’s no comparison….Burden ***** on Brown.
ANd where did I say Brown was better? A comparison is where I point out where each has an advantage. The ONLY advantage that I said that Brown had over Burden was that he's connected to our OC and he's in the portal. Brown got the better stats and at this point is a better WR..... Brown is in the portal. I'll take him.

So, for your 127th post, you decided to nitpick with myself and @Memnon . That's a choice, I guess.

Go back and re-read. I responded to a poster who said that Brown's penalty "wiped out a good run in the red zone". IT DID NOT. The penalties were offsetting, the ball was spotted where the runner went down after picking up the first down. The impact of Brown's penalty was ZERO-POINT-ZERO.

The guy POSTED A VIDEO showing all of that, but he clearly didn't watch the video to see the outcome, and then he typed up a summary that was factually incorrect.

Who the F are you? Why is my 127th post mean anything. Sorry you are so soft. I am not sure why you were added to the message, my point was only about the center, but your panties got in a bunch. Sorry about that, how do I check with you so as not to hurt your feelings before I post

Who the F are you? Why is my 127th post mean anything. Sorry you are so soft. I am not sure why you were added to the message, my point was only about the center, but your panties got in a bunch. Sorry about that, how do I check with you so as not to hurt your feelings before I post? Ps been a member of this board for over a decade just don’t need as much outside validation of my opinions as it appears you do, thus my low post count.

ANd where did I say Brown was better? A comparison is where I point out where each has an advantage. The ONLY advantage that I said that Brown had over Burden was that he's connected to our OC and he's in the portal. Brown got the better stats and at this point is a better WR..... Brown is in the portal. I'll take him.
What? Brown got the better stats and at this point is the better WR? What the **** are you talking about?

Again, you asked what is a WR1 and I gave you answer.

What? Brown got the better stats and at this point is the better WR? What the **** are you talking about?
I meant to say Burden had the better stats. Read the rest of my posts and you could tell that I made a mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back