Sam Brown, WR, Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the scrum with his teammates that’s been mentioned.

Got a dumb unsportsmanlike for fighting during blocking on a run to the far side. Erased a quality run in the red zone.

Got taken off the field, and was involved in a scrum with a teammate who was angry with Brown’s penalty.

Ummmmm…looks like Brown was the one attacked!

Advertisement
Here is the scrum with his teammates that’s been mentioned.

Got a dumb unsportsmanlike for fighting during blocking on a run to the far side. Erased a quality run in the red zone.

Got taken off the field, and was involved in a scrum with a teammate who was angry with Brown’s penalty.

Ignorant comment, you didn't even bother to watch the video. Offsetting penalties, and it did NOT "erase a quality run in the red zone".

Be better.

Advertisement
I know everyone wants those WR1 types...I do, too. I get it.

However, you need some guys to just do their job and fill out the roster. Seems like a nice WR3 type for us that we can use with (hopefully a really improved, more consistent, less "just the splash plays") Isaiah Horton. Maybe one more of these types as a WR3/WR4 that allows us a little buffer before we need to play JoJo or Ny Carr. Let JoJo beat out these guys (very easy task if he is HIM).

Could use a few nice veteran hands in there and Sam Brown looks like that kind of guy. The connection to Dawson is nice.

8nalze.gif
8nanlt.gif
8nanuj.gif
8nao6u.gif
8naoy0.gif
8napfg.gif
8naq4i.gif
8naqm5.gif
8nar4a.gif

Had 62rec & 815yds at 13 yards per catch & did so while playing with a sh*tty QB in a sh*tty Offense.

Good route runner with good speed & is natural hands catcher. You take this kid ALL DAY adding him onto what we already giving Cam Ward another weapon & allowing the Offense to have the versatility it needs in order to not get stiffled when teams decide to sell-out to stop one aspect of the attack. It's the patented counter-punch that I always speak about when discussing Offense. What can you do when the Defense shuts down one of your primary modes of operating?

As far as concerns about his attitude or whatever, who tf cares... He'll be here for one season & the goal is to win as many games as possible. He walks in day 1 as a starter, so he's going to get the ball plenty & as long as he's making plays & helping us win he can slap as many bítch *** QB's as he likes. And if he's slapping teammates even better, this locker room needs it.

He's a no-brainer; You add Martinez, Sam Brown & the Center from USC & the Offense has potential to be one of most dangerous in the ACC.

Advertisement
View attachment 287206View attachment 287207View attachment 287208View attachment 287209View attachment 287210View attachment 287211View attachment 287213View attachment 287214View attachment 287215
Had 62rec & 815yds at 13 yards per catch & did so while playing with a sh*tty QB in a sh*tty Offense.

Good route runner with good speed & is natural hands catcher. You take this kid ALL DAY adding him onto what we already giving Cam Ward another weapon & allowing the Offense to have the versatility it needs in order to not get stiffled when teams decide to sell-out to stop one aspect of the attack. It's the patented counter-punch that I always speak about when discussing Offense. What can you do when the Defense shuts down one of your primary modes of operating?

As far as concerns about his attitude or whatever, who tf cares... He'll be here for one season & the goal is to win as many games as possible. He walks in day 1 as a starter, so he's going to get the ball plenty & as long as he's making plays & helping us win he can slap as many bítch *** QB's as he likes. And if he's slapping teammates even better, this locker room needs it.

He's a no-brainer; You add Martinez, Sam Brown & the Center from USC & the Offense has potential to be one of most dangerous in the ACC.
Carpenter aint it? thanks for the Sam break down

Just clipped a few of the gifs off...good work, btw.

If these clips don't give you flashbacks.

These are the types of routes we were incredible inconsistent with. Yeah, Colbie Young and Isaiah Horton had awesome plays on some similar playcalls/routes, but how many of those plays you saw during Play #2 there that ended up in the 3rd row by TVD, in the dirt by Jacurri? How many of those just weren't caught or dropped by a WR that couldn't get up or use their body to give themselves a space to catch the football? I don't want to go back, but feel it was multiple times per game. Some on TVD, some on our WRs.

The other stuff is just Shannon Dawson staple plays and its obvious this guy can do what Dawson wants to do at a strong level.

Agreed, obvious take.

Advertisement
I think the measurables deserve repeating. This is a kid who is 6’2, 195, running 4.4s (at least), jumping out of the gym and is already one of the most productive receivers in the Big 12.

We have athleticism in our WR corps but, outside of Horton, not much size. Brown would bring that while also improving our explosiveness.

This is exactly what they’re looking for in a portal receiver. Big guy, good hands. Proven. Not sure there’s going to be much better options in the portal. At least ones that are affordable. Remember we paid hella cash for Cam. We’re going to pay hella cash for a RB1. WR is not a priority position to spend on right now.

Advertisement
Not worried about the anger management issues. Beard has been handling divas for a long time being down here in South Florida. He's got this.

This kid might not be a Marvin Harrison/Malik Nabers type of number 1 WR that many are wanting but he will absolutely make this team better and would be our best outside WR the second he steps on campus. This would allow George/Horton to be getting matched up with CB 3/4 every time they are on the field. Not a lot of 6'2, good route running, 4.45 speed guys that just become available especially this late in the offseason. Take him and watch this be the best O in the ACC IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back