Sam Brooks

Kid is fast and shows great instincts albeit in a small sample size. Still has a lot to prove but I think him and Huff are gonna be good ones for us next year and beyond.

Advertisement
Reminds me of Otis Wilson. He’s never going to play here at 235. He’s long, fast and has that freelance gene. I’m old enough to remember him. The way he moves, it’s the first person who came to mind when I saw his film. Probably doesn’t resonate with many on the board, but that’s been in my head for sometime. He’s not Sean, Denzel or Ray fwiw
I’d say he’s closer to Grace than anyone, in the way he moves. 🤷‍♂️ I loved Grace’s game. We never got to see his best here.

If he can get to 230, then I'd say he'd look like Jon Beason. He seems to be a fast accelerating MLB that can deliver jarring hits. He needs to up his weight so guards cant eat him up. Not sure about coverage or effort yet.

Appreciate it. I see he ran a 4.71 but he definitely played faster than that.

Even after damaging his knee and taking two years to recover, it took very fast LBer in Shazier to overtake him in Pittsburgh.

I never thought he looked that fast , more quick / twitchy but never fast.

Advertisement
No comparing.

Hope he walks out of here in 4 years with us comparing dudes to him. He has eveything you want in a LB just needs to trust his instincts and make the plays

My only concern with Brooks is his interview in which he stated that he needs to gain 20 lbs for next year. I understand that he needs to get bigger but i’d prefer the Ray Lewis program of slow and steady weight gain over 3-4 years. Seems like kids are in such a hurry to add weight that they sometimes add bad weight and lose speed. And speed is definitely Brooks strong point. I hope she doesn’t lose it

If Brooks were just a tad bigger he probably would’ve been a top 50 prospect entering his senior year but then he wrecked his knee (acl and mcl I believe) midway through his junior year. It was on a national TV game against Booker T or Central. He was BY FAR the most impressive athlete in that game he was everywhere and the announcers were raving.

I’ve torn both my knees and it just takes time to gain your 100%. Everyone said he wasn’t the same player last year but as the season went on he was looking better and better and people said he was wearing a huge brace. Now he looks to have that confidence back. His instincts are off the charts. I can’t wait to see what he looks like last year. I know it’s Bethune but the way he moved and closed on guys was impressive.

Advertisement
He’s never really played linebacker like that, how is he getting that type of comparison already? Right now he’s an ELITE athlete making the transition to the position, but we got to see more games of him playing linebacker before those type of comparisons honestly
I totally agree it's too early to give him comparison but I was going off what i've seen him do at Northwestern, his body type, and his collegiate play that ive seen thus far. Call it a premature comparison but I highly believe it will be spot on if he progresses each opportunity he gets. I said something similar about Devin Bush Jr. before he commited to Michigan on another forum and got laughed at for it so im used to this. Anyways, I will add to this by saying that Brooks looks faster than the two greats I've compared him too but, as far as production that's on him to prove me right or wrong.

Samuel Brooks Jr. #6
9398023.jpg

Michael Barrow #56
31a3b6a276a02331e10c2bcc17db26cd.jpg

John Beason #2
22c42192a1c23bf0f299821c99dad93b.jpg

Got to see more games for an opinion on him in terms of play style but Miami for sure have signed their most athletic linebackers in a long time in sam
Brooks and Avery huff and it’s not even close imo
And that is what we need to continue to do. Those are the types of LBs that Miami should always recruit. Speed speed speed and speed. Then more speed speed speed and more speed.

Time to let our current players make their own tradition.it's ok to relish the past but it's time to quit living in it.unfair to compare a player skill sets and physique are different along with their style and ability to make plays.hard to do but fans need to let the current group of players prove themselves on the field then pass it on to the next group.

No wonder why we call people jags and Greentree A.A's. Instead of being excited about the potential we want to compare to all time greats. then if they don't live up to those lofty expectations we'll **** all over him and tear him to the ground for the next, new, shinny thing.

Rinse & Repeat

I suppose that's fair.

At the same time, if someone said "think Ramon Buchanon's speed with a bit higher football IQ", I'd be stoked for both Huff and Brooks. And I don't think Buchanon constitutes a legend.

Advertisement
I suppose that's fair.

At the same time, if someone said "think Ramon Buchanon's speed with a bit higher football IQ", I'd be stoked for both Huff and Brooks. And I don't think Buchanon constitutes a legend.
That’s the point. He didn’t ask for a legend he just asked for a comparison. Zach with better football IQ was my comparison for SAM at this time.

Advertisement
Kid looked like a breath of fresh air during BCU game. Haven't seen much of him in HS, what former cane LB or LB in general would you compare his game to?

I compare his game to sam brooks, cause he's the 1st and last sam brooks to come thru here! Of all the Great players to come thru here, pretty much none of them played the same, so comparisons are useless, its useless to ssy somebody is "the next so & so". Just enjoy the players for who they are when they ball here, for instance, let gurvan hall be gurvan hall, no matter if he wearing #26 or not!

Advertisement
Back