Sam Brooks - Stop the Insanity

Advertisement
I'm just reiterating my stance from early in the year, for that 1 game;
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/northwestern-vs-miramar.135556/#post-3399002

I've definitely heard the same about the bolded portion (mind you, I only talk to Norland folk). First time seeing his SR stats, and I'm definitely surprised that he finished that strongly, again, based from the single game I saw early in the year.
On a side note, more towards OP, don't really think there is anybody on the board (aside from myself) that's talked down upon his potential here. Most, or any comments about Brooks were just over emotional/salty people lashing out when he decommitted after the whole coach debacle.
The Miramar game was literally the first game of the season, you can't judge a player off 1 game lol.

Senior Year:
I saw Brooks play live and I wasn't impressed. They had him lined up at rush end 80% of the game and he was playing tired from the beginning of the game until the 3rd quarter. Didnt pick it up until the 4th. The other team didnt go his direction much but I expected more during the passing downs but he got off the line slow, stood straight up, and seemingly held up the O lineman like he was a space eating DT. He got a sack(maybe 2?) towards the end of the game.
On the other hand, he looked like he had a really nice frame and lateral speed so he'll probably be much better off the line as a backer. This was also game 1 or 2 of the year for him, coming off an injury so he may have been nursing it and playing a bit scared. I ultimately have high hopes for him, he was amazing his sophomore as mentioned already but his SR year didnt deliver like I hoped it would've.

Jesus man he wasn't even playing close to 100%. He had a major injury no way he was right. I respect him coming back so soon but he likely should've sat longer. Still had a great senior year.

To me he always had 5 star potebtial and i always thought of him as a 5 star. The question is with high caliber light in the *** HS players. Can they keep the explosiveness when they put on weight.....most guys can only the special ones. Expecting big things from this kid and hopefully hes 100 healed

Advertisement
Some of us have already explained this sh*t 100x on here, anybody doubting Sam will just have to eat crow & look stupid for it when the time comes.

The kid is cut from a different cloth & is a pure natural beast ready to ball out once he hits campus.

He's athletically identical to Lavonte David & has similar level of explosion. In this Defense he fits in the Weak side Backer spot perfectly & can be developed into a starter learning behind Pinckney.

Go watch his Senior tape, Idk why people keep acting like he sat the whole year & didn't play, he literally had his best season in his whole HS career last year.
Ibeen on this kid the same as u....u know this and i know this is one of your guys fam. I loved this kid as a recruit

I thought it was consensus around here this guy is a potential big impact player for us.

If it wasn’t it **** well better be, Brooks likes an animal and has the stats and production to go along. The only question mark right now is the knee injury but he seems to have come back from that.

With some kids, you see their HUDL highlights and immediately know they’re Miami kids. That was Garvin, Hall, Rousseau, Brooks for me recently. Just in time at LB, too, with our 4 seniors graduating and nothing proven behind them. I do think we got the Best two in South Florida with Brooks and Huff.

Advertisement
Not sure who was slandering Sam, but it wasn't me. I'm on record saying Sam Brooks will be a stud
20190502_191154.jpg

20190502_191055.jpg

Last edited:
I think he’s going to lock up the #2 spot behind Pinckney this season but I can see him
moving to MLB in this defense with Huff at WLB.

@Liberty City El

I'm gonna hold you accountable for gettin me excited.... The way you talkin he should get playing time this year
With everyone crying about lack of LB depth.... he very well might see the field plenty this season.

But in reality, both Huff and Brooks were overlooked after Spring when people were yelling about running to the portal for LB depth. NOT NEEDED. Believe me, not needed. We good, fam.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El

I'm gonna hold you accountable for gettin me excited.... The way you talkin he should get playing time this year
I don't think he'll be a starter this year but I do think he'll get pt on Special teams & will play in 2nd halfs if we get a lead.

But next year, he'll be in line to start imo. And hold me accountable I'll eat crow if I'm wrong Idgaf lol

I respect your research and presentation 1000 percent. More so, for going against the group think that festers on this site.

When the groupthink gets going on this site, it is a sight to behold. It’s a real thing. I like OP’s post, but I don’t re all a lot of badmouthing, but don’t go by what I’m saying because I just only listen to the opinions of a few posters regarding recruiting like liberty city el

Last edited:
I don't think he'll be a starter this year but I do think he'll get pt on Special teams & will play in 2nd halfs if we get a lead.

But next year, he'll be in line to start imo. And hold me accountable I'll eat crow if I'm wrong Idgaf lol
Where do u see him best? Outside....i would just blitz this kid every play lol

Advertisement
Where do u see him best? Outside....i would just blitz this kid every play lol
Will LB, in the same role as Pinckney, just bring pressure & rack up TFL's in the backfield.

He'll have to learn to drop back in coverage as well in certain packages, but the Striker should be more of the coverage backer in our 4-2-5. The Weak side LB should always be in run support shooting the gap to get to the runner or coming on a delayed Blitz bringing an extra man upfront once the pocket is collapsed.

Stud...Stud...Stud.

If you don't think so, f'uck you. I would love for someone to provide an explanation as to why they believe Sam won't be a beast in Diaz system. Also, he is coming in at the perfect time because he will be able to learn and go through the grooming process so that he can take over for Pinkney next year.

He was my favorite defensive recruit in his class!

Advertisement
Back