Sam Brooks and Corey Flagg

Advertisement
All you guys knocking Flagg need to go to the thread dedicated to him and watch how good he is at diagnosing plays. Everyone is obsessed with speed at the LB position. It doesn’t matter how fast and athletic you are if you take 2 false steps every **** play.

Flagg isn’t the guy we need against Pitt, who averages 3/ypc and likes to throw it 40x per game. But a roster with depth should have stout LBs who can plug the gaps in run fits. Flagg looks like he can be that guy on our squad.

Brooks, Cave, Huff, K. Smith. Put your athletes out there and coach them up. The HC and DC are LB coaches, let's see them earn their salaries.

First off, Smith is our striker. HAving 2 strikers out there is interesting but I don't think it would bode well for stopping runs but it's an interesting quandry. As for Cave, he should be getting spot duty (same as huff) but for whatever reason, they aren't. Personally, I'd take Steed over Jennings because at least with Steed, is the more instinctual of the 2 - by far, I'd say. I'd rather have a slow and instinctual over a slow and not instinctual.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back