Salvaging the 2019 class

View as article
Advertisement
We statistically recruit less and lower rated guys outside of Florida, so of course, we are going to have bust. We need to go after the same dudes that Michigan is going after, they are OL U when it comes to the NFL. Again it doesn't mean we give up on Florida guys, but it clearly isn't enough.

We can't land the good ones in the state of Florida so it is looking slow for us landing the highly rated OOS kids. Michigan has 1 kid we should've offered (OT from GA) but we aren't pulling midwest kids UMich wants

The problem is kids in South Florida know more than anyone how bad our program sucks. They know players like Donaldson went to Miami and underperformed. I am all for keeping the local talent as that is a strategy of every program. I would like to see us go out to the midwest and try and get a few OL. These kids wake up early every day to work on the farm and while most probably don't want to live in a city like Miami, I expect you can find a few that wouldn't mind it. Schools like Kansas, K-State, Iowa, Iowa State, and Nebraska all suck and still get good Olinemen. We just need two of the better OL looking at one of those schools.

agree

In the past 20 years, our OOS linemen have been much worse than the local guys.

The good farm boys don’t like Miami, and we aren’t close enough to identify sleepers. I think we need to stack OL classes like last year where we get SEC-type talents from Florida.

My concern is coaching. Searels inherited a lot of bad players from Kehoe but they are getting worse. It’s not like the Coastal is filled with dominant lines. We’re underachieving with average at best talent.
We don’t have enough fat girls on campus and chongas don’t like fat dudes. This is a significant structural disadvantage in recruiting out of state thick bodies.

We can't land the good ones in the state of Florida so it is looking slow for us landing the highly rated OOS kids. Michigan has 1 kid we should've offered (OT from GA) but we aren't pulling midwest kids UMich wants

Well, we need to start. OSU pulled an OL from Buford (Simpsons old school)

Advertisement
Those National guys tend to go to schools that have a record for producing high round NFL draft picks.

Michigan, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Stanford, USC, Bama

If I were a highly rated o lineman from outside of Florida, why do I choose Miami over any of them? Because of Brandon Linder or Flowers (who got thrown under the bus to protect Eli and is now a punch line)?

You point is valid and it is something we need to change.

Well, we need to start. OSU pulled an OL from Buford (Simpsons old school)

Have any of you heard anything from Simpson's trip there this weekend? I know it's early but he was going to Buford game on Friday night to see some guys.

Georgia seems like a good place to start - we have a big enough group of georgia boys that there would be a connection.

Is there no one on any of these so fla high school teams we could go after ? Not even on the really good ones? I don't live there so I have no idea

Do you think we’re out for Neal?
9F8F6CEB-18A4-4474-AD61-75FA684C0F01.gif

DMoney, I don't think Cristobal and/or Coley would recruit any better for UM than the staff we currently have (and I am not a Richt fan). We've had both of those coaches on our staff already and didn't recruit as well as we have under Richt. Jerry Jeudy aside, Alabama is not winning because of their South Florida recruits.

Advertisement
DMoney, I don't think Cristobal and/or Coley would recruit any better for UM than the staff we currently have (and I am not a Richt fan). We've had both of those coaches on our staff already and didn't recruit as well as we have under Richt. Jerry Jeudy aside, Alabama is not winning because of their South Florida recruits.
Cristobal would, do you see what he’s doing at Oregon? Recruiting like they never have before...

Alabama is winning because of a ton of things. But there is a reason they bought a billboard in Downtown Miami.

19 may be a lost cause at this point. We’ll see who sticks. Hopefully we really have some 3 star savages like Munoz and Brooks etc. it’s up to 18 to save the 20 class. Blades jr and Lo got work to do.

Advertisement
Seems like we might be losing traction with Tarquin.
Anybody hear the same?
Apparently he doesn't respond to text/calls like he used to... and he's been to the swamp twice recently.

And apparently Solomon is not a sure thing either?

Have any of you heard anything from Simpson's trip there this weekend? I know it's early but he was going to Buford game on Friday night to see some guys.

Georgia seems like a good place to start - we have a big enough group of georgia boys that there would be a connection.

Is there no one on any of these so fla high school teams we could go after ? Not even on the really good ones? I don't live there so I have no idea

Give me the Buford OL asap!

Seems like we might be losing traction with Tarquin.
Anybody hear the same?
Apparently he doesn't respond to text/calls like he used to... and he's been to the swamp twice recently.

And apparently Solomon is not a sure thing either?

Someone posted a synopsis of Ivins update yesterday about those 2. Tarquin wants to be sure Searles is going to be there. Nothing concrete about Solomon or why he is wavering but might be because Michigan has a playoff chance this year.

I just wish we could find some OL that want to compete and are mean. You can't coach attitude and toughness into kids. You can make them better technique wise with coaching but that would require a good coach too.

Advertisement
Someone posted a synopsis of Ivins update yesterday about those 2. Tarquin wants to be sure Searles is going to be there. Nothing concrete about Solomon or why he is wavering but might be because Michigan has a playoff chance this year.

Apparently Solomon's parents graduated from Michigan as well.

With how this class is rounding up there is no better chance to clean out the full coaching staff and start over. If not it will hurt us up to 20121 and beyond

Advertisement
Back