Salute To All Vets

Advertisement
I wonder how all the Vets that are homeless or struggling to pay bills due to some sort of mental or physical disability feel about Veterans Day? 🤔

Although almost all remain fierce patriots....probably somewhat ripped off, discarded and used.

Sadly, there is a big ( - ) difference in the GI benefits I and others in the past received ...versus those given out today.

For anyone who's risked their lives for this country .....VA benefits should be going up not down

Advertisement
This jogged my memory....yes, there's a UM connection. I'd known this for years....Rocky's uncle Ted was an early UM football player...read down about half-way

http://www.helmethut.com/College/Miami/UM5057.html

We actually have had a few UM football players who became UM football players after their military service. One was Frank Reinhart, an elderly DE who played the other DE position from Ben Rizzo on the early '60's George Mira-led teams. I think Frank was playing for us at the age of 28.

I have a dim recollection that fullback Freddy Highsmith, from Jacksonville and Alonzo's cousin, was a veteran.

Patrick Riley, DT in early '90's, we into Air Force I believe after finishing at UM. I am sure there were quite a few others.

That's cool, about his Uncle Ted. I mentioned in another post, I played small college ball and played over a LB from another team in our conference who was 28 - he had done a tour in Vietnam with the USMC and played Marine Corps football in Okinawa, tough ******* but told me after the game, one season was all he was doing, just wanted to see if he could and how it felt.

Advertisement
Back