Salary increases for Clemson Staff approved

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
New salary numbers for Dabo's staff:

The Clemson Board of Trustees Compensation Committee also approved raises for the staff. Raises are in parentheses below.

Thomas Austin — Offensive Line Coach ($450,000)

Tyler Grisham — Recruiting Coordinator/Wide Receivers Coach ($450,000 from $300,000)

C.J. Spiller — Running Backs Coach ($450,000 from $300,000)

Mike Reed — Assistant Head Coach/Special Teams Coordinator/Cornerbacks Coach ($750,000 from $700,000)

Lemanski Hall — Defensive Ends Coach ($625,000 from $500,000)

Woody McCorvey — Chief of Staff ($500,000 from $380,000)

***** Additional new salary changes:

Mike Dooley — Director of Football Administration and Player Personnel ($325,000)

Jordan Sorrells — Senior Director of Recruiting and Player Development ($315,000)

Jeff Davis — Athletic Director for Football Player Relations ($315,000)

Robbie Caldwell — Director of High School Relations and Sophomore Transition ($250,000)

D.J. Gordon — Director of Football Operations and External Affairs ($250,000)

For comparison purposes.

Advertisement
Ytho GIF

Advertisement
I was told by someone connected with the Clemson program that NIL is going to kill them - they don't have boosters with $$ to compete.

TIFWIW, but it is in line with Dabo's attitude towards NIL.

Clemson dropping off would be huge. No matter how bad the national perception, the ACC will always be more relevant than the Pac-12 (as a whole... maybe USC becomes nationally relevant) just because we are in the eastern time zone. Only CFB diehards stay up for Pac-12 after dark.

If and when we get the ACC on lock, we will basically be the new Clemson.

New salary numbers for Dabo's staff:

The Clemson Board of Trustees Compensation Committee also approved raises for the staff. Raises are in parentheses below.

Thomas Austin — Offensive Line Coach ($450,000)

Tyler Grisham — Recruiting Coordinator/Wide Receivers Coach ($450,000 from $300,000)

C.J. Spiller — Running Backs Coach ($450,000 from $300,000)

Mike Reed — Assistant Head Coach/Special Teams Coordinator/Cornerbacks Coach ($750,000 from $700,000)

Lemanski Hall — Defensive Ends Coach ($625,000 from $500,000)

Woody McCorvey — Chief of Staff ($500,000 from $380,000)

***** Additional new salary changes:

Mike Dooley — Director of Football Administration and Player Personnel ($325,000)

Jordan Sorrells — Senior Director of Recruiting and Player Development ($315,000)

Jeff Davis — Athletic Director for Football Player Relations ($315,000)

Robbie Caldwell — Director of High School Relations and Sophomore Transition ($250,000)

D.J. Gordon — Director of Football Operations and External Affairs ($250,000)

For comparison purposes.
hide-the-money-yall-theres-poor-people-around.gif

I was told by someone connected with the Clemson program that NIL is going to kill them - they don't have boosters with $$ to compete.

Clemson dropping off would be huge. No matter how bad the national perception, the ACC will always be more relevant than the Pac-12 (as a whole... maybe USC becomes nationally relevant) just because we are in the eastern time zone. Only CFB diehards stay up for Pac-12 after dark.

Néw Clemson? Clemson was the new U before we fell off. Tighten up cuz.

Advertisement

I don’t know if I buy that. They hung with the big bag recruiting with Alabaga, Ohio Taint and L$U for quite some time

No, we will be back to the Old Miami! F!@# Clemson

They are not a school with a big or established donor base. Make no mistake, they drop bags and did so for big-time recruits. However, everyone else has caught up now and they're getting outspent in their own conference.

Advertisement
I don’t know if I buy that. They hung with the big bag recruiting with Alabaga, Ohio Taint and L$U for quite some time
Nah. They hung because they had bags and they were winning big. But they never spent like those big boys do. People still really don't grasp what nil is... All theyve done is monetize their networks into free agency. They aren't lying. They ain't got bread like that. But so long as they keep winning they'll be more than fine.

Nah. They hung because they had bags and they were winning big. But they never spent like those big boys do. People still really don't grasp what nil is... All theyve done is monetize their networks into free agency. They aren't lying. They ain't got bread like that. But so long as they keep winning they'll be more than fine.
They also hit big on their QB targets and got the best out of their line play on both sides. Venables was really good.

The ACC has only been more relevant then the PAC-12 in football in the last 6-7 years and that’s ONLY because of Clemson. And Clemsons dominance didn’t bring many eye balls to the conference. Many people aren’t interested in ACC Football.

The PAC—12 has faaaaaaaaaaar more tradition and history than the ACC. It’s not even close, actually. And when USC is rolling all of America pays attention to the PAC—12. They just one of those schools that uplifts all of CFB. They are agents of change.

The PAC-12 is tied to the Rose Bowl for a reason

Advertisement
Guess they shouldn’t have spent all their money on a slide and kiddie pool.

The ACC has only been more relevant then the PAC-12 in football in the last 6-7 years and that’s ONLY because of Clemson. And Clemsons dominance didn’t bring many eye balls to the conference. Many people aren’t interested in ACC Football.

The PAC—12 has faaaaaaaaaaar more tradition and history than the ACC. It’s not even close, actually. And when USC is rolling all of America pays attention to the PAC—12. They just one of those schools that uplifts all of CFB. They are agents of change.

Obviously USC is one of the most storied programs in CFB history, but the Pac-12 has nobody else. I'd argue the ACC has more potential with Clemson and 2 blue bloods in UM & FSU. we just haven't been good.

It’s well known that you basically can’t win a heisman if you are from the west coast, bc the voters don’t watch those games. Sans USC, which I already said. When USC is rolling, people pay attention to USC, not the P12 as a whole.

Advertisement
Back