Saivion Smith - LSU DB Transfer

Advertisement
He wouldn't be able to play immediately

You just stating that or do you think we shouldn't go after him because of it? Personally I think we should anyway. He's talented and would be another chip to stack along with the elite DB class we'll be bringing in for 2018.

With the Storm18 class coming together, I don't think he is a priority BUT it wouldn't hurt to see if he has any interest in coming to Miami.. He will have to sit out a season, unless he goes to JC...

Advertisement
He's not a grad transfer, so he'll have to sit out for a year, unless he goes JUCO.

Plus, if he's going to have to sit for a year, by the time he would be eligible the 2018 DB's will all be on campus, so that would mean he would have to compete with them.

Also, it would set us up for one of ours to transfer out if we brought someone like him in at CB.

He's not a grad transfer, so he'll have to sit out for a year, unless he goes JUCO.

Plus, if he's going to have to sit for a year, by the time he would be eligible the 2018 DB's will all be on campus, so that would mean he would have to compete with them.

Also, it would set us up for one of ours to transfer out if we brought someone like him in at CB.

Yea, but adding him means we don't have to burn all of them and someone like DJ can RS and have an additional year to recover from his surgery. That can do wonders for the health of that knee

Yea, but adding him means we don't have to burn all of them and someone like DJ can RS and have an additional year to recover from his surgery. That can do wonders for the health of that knee

This is how I see it. He would probably be a RS sophomore in 2018, so what would the harm be there? If any of those DBs are scared of competing with a RS SO, then would it really be much of a loss if they transferred? If we really want to get our depth where it needs to be, that's the type of competition we need. Can't see any elite guys being scared off anyway, especially if other schools they're interested in are schools like Bama, OSU, etc.

Advertisement
he peaked as a JR, his SR year at IMG he wasn't the same player

not surprised he didn't make any impact at LSU, granted that DB room was loaded with NFL guys.

You dont want to have to keep depending on freshmen.

Advertisement

not surprised he didn't make any impact at LSU, granted that DB room was loaded with NFL guys.

What? He was a freshman last year and was going to be in the two deep this season. As I said in the OP, LSU fans I've seen are surprised and unhappy about it.

What? He was a freshman last year and was going to be in the two deep this season. As I said in the OP, LSU fans I've seen are surprised and unhappy about it.

Seems he fell to 4th on their CB depth chart behind a true freshman and decided to bounce.

If he is already being passed by younger guys there do we want to give up a spot we could use on a guy in 2018 class?

Did he play CB at LSU last year? Thought he was getting projected as a S?

Advertisement
I remember the rumor was Dad was shopping kid around during his recruitment, turned a lot of schools off.

Advertisement
Back