Saivion Smith - LSU DB Transfer

he peaked as a JR, his SR year at IMG he wasn't the same player

not surprised he didn't make any impact at LSU, granted that DB room was loaded with NFL guys.

What? He was a freshman last year and was going to be in the two deep this season. As I said in the OP, LSU fans I've seen are surprised and unhappy about it.

He was passed up by a FR in spring ball. He wasn't going to get much burn with who they've got in front of him and who they've got coming in

Advertisement
He's not a grad transfer, so he'll have to sit out for a year, unless he goes JUCO.

Plus, if he's going to have to sit for a year, by the time he would be eligible the 2018 DB's will all be on campus, so that would mean he would have to compete with them.

Also, it would set us up for one of ours to transfer out if we brought someone like him in at CB.

You dont want to have to keep depending on freshmen.
Young, Dean & Bandy aren't going to be Freshman in 2018...

We'll have more than enough depth to not have to take a flyer on a kid like this.

Plus, every DB we're bringing in for #Storm18 has a much higher ceiling & better upside than him.

No chance Miami takes him

Wow, really? He may not have lived up to his rating at this point, but that bad? Fair enough, Pete's the plug.

I don't think its neccessarily that he's bad or something. It's that this staff is so confident in the guy we just brought in and will be bringing in in the 2018 class.
We are getting 7 great DBs in this 2018 class, don't forget that. No reason to Get Saivon if he can't help us this year. We don't need any more DBs for 2018, we will have enough. Now if it was a DT, LB, or OL then I'm sure they wouldn't mind bringing in a transfer that has to sit. But not a DB, WR, RB, TE, etc.

Advertisement
Do we need him? No but this kid is an absolute stud and you can never have enough **** good cbs especially when 1 or 2 of the stud cbs we ha e committed now may end up being misses. I say you definitelygo hard after hhim especially if he doesn't go JUCO

I repeat. Miami will not go after him. They aren't going to jeopardize their chances with 2018 kids for a guy who can't see the field this season.

Do not need him with the stud DBs in Storm18 coming by the time he will be eligible.

Highly touted kids who quit after a year are usually gaped out pvssies. Take that to the bank.

Advertisement
We are at the stage in our depth chart where its highly unlikely we would take someone who is not a grad transfer for THIS YEAR.

Wonder what the story behind this is. Maybe the kid sucks and wasn't going to amount to anything.

kid has always had a much higher opinion of himself and his abilities than what reality was. I would imagine he didnt take being passed up by a true FR too well

Advertisement
I say not. Guys that have a chance at starting or competing for major playing time do not transfer 2 months before fall camp. He was all lsu and probably bought the hype about how good he was only to find out he wasn't as good as he was told. We good and will be better at DB once the 2018 class come in.

Advertisement
Back