Said it earlier and Walton > Barkley

Advertisement
Yet, the Giants are still 5-8.

You can be the leagues best running back and it still doesn't matter to winning football games. How you can justify spending a high pick on the position continues to blow my mind.

Jaguars went from a 10 win team last year to a 4 win team by year two of the Fournette era Dude never plays anymore and when he does, he's not exactly effective. Ezekial Elliott is a great back, but Cowboys were **** until they got Amari Cooper to help out Dak (and had Dez Bryant two seasons ago).

Barkley is productive, but the Giants still stink.

Also, if you look at the year's top rushers...of the Top 25, five of them are rookies. Barkley and RIGHT BEHIND HIM is an undrafted midget, Chubb, Michel, and Kerryon Johnson.

Elliott and Barkley are the two best rbs in the nfl right now.defenses key on them more than they do the others.still have to defend the others but these two get moe attention than the others.these two can turn a bad play into a positive play.

Don't forget about T. Gurley

IMO he may be THE best RB in the NFL right now. All opinions are subjective but he's definitely in the top two

How can anyone not see man ni99@ is 230 cutts on a dime and has one step burst running a 4.3. My God alot of our fans are fried....this is as cant miss as they come

But we already knew this, some of these dudes take their homerism to an extreme where they cant be objective. Too many examples but remember the Yearby is better than Dalvin era coming out of high school... Good times

WellwornForkedArgali-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement

You can be the leagues best running back and it still doesn't matter to winning football games. How you can justify spending a high pick on the position continues to blow my mind.

Jaguars went from a 10 win team last year to a 4 win team by year two of the Fournette era Dude never plays anymore and when he does, he's not exactly effective. Ezekial Elliott is a great back, but Cowboys were **** until they got Amari Cooper to help out Dak (and had Dez Bryant two seasons ago).

Also, if you look at the year's top rushers...of the Top 25, five of them are rookies. Barkley and RIGHT BEHIND HIM is an undrafted midget, Chubb, Michel, and Kerryon Johnson.
I think Barkley was the right pick at #2 overall because I'm not sold on any of the QBs taken behind him (Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Jackson) being a franchise QB. I think the Giants are taking a page from the Rams a few years ago when they secured the RB in Gurley and then went Goff.

But we already knew this, some of these dudes take their homerism to an extreme where they cant be objective. Too many examples but remember the Yearby is better than Dalvin era coming out of high school... Good times
Holy fuq that was bad, I didnt understand it. I saw Yearby first and said ok hes shifty and didnt like the long speed.....when I saw Cook I was like who da fuq is that guy. Hes his back up? could not believe he was the backup.............Yearby can do what he did vs HS kids but once u translate that speed to the ACC it was tough for him. Cook was a beast had burst and was recruited like a beast as Yearby no one truly fought for his signature.

Giants coaching staff seems to have convinced Barkley to commit to being a downhill runner (starting before the Bucs game) and it's made a huge difference. Talent was never a question with him but his running style limited his effectiveness.

U still take him, everyone knew the giants would suck with him so it didnt matter. Even with a qb they would probably lose.............it was the right pick IMO. Especially if they build the OL this year then wait on the bama kid or OU who knows.....but if they eventually get with a future qb they won cause they got the phenom at rb and a qb.

Advertisement
I think Barkley was the right pick at #2 overall because I'm not sold on any of the QBs taken behind him (Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Jackson) being a franchise QB. I think the Giants are taking a page from the Rams a few years ago when they secured the RB in Gurley and then went Goff.
Exactly this

There building they dont need to rush, I think they should unload Odell but thats just me. U dont need a beastly wr to win a superbowl and the cap with him and Eli is just way too much

Exactly this

There building they dont need to rush, I think they should unload Odell but thats just me. U dont need a beastly wr to win a superbowl and the cap with him and Eli is just way too much
Unloading OBJ might not be a bad idea if you take into account his personality is divisive at times and guys like that don't tend to be on Super Bowl winning teams. He's not a Julio Jones or Keenan Allen type that tends to let his play do the talking and if you can get a huge haul for him, it makes sense. The Raiders got a #1 for Amari Cooper and he's transformed their offense. I'd expect the Giants could get more for OBJ and that could then ensure they get the QB they want in the draft and then some.

If the Giants want to get a QB in the draft, OBJ is not necessarily the type of WR you want around him, demanding the ball and being impatient with the QB's development. He's been critical of Manning, but Manning is an old vet who can deal with him. A rookie QB? Maybe not so much.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The Cowboys went 13-3 in Zeke's first season you lunatic

He's just so physically talented.

I wonder what he could do on a better team -
They also drafted some guy - the actual Rookie of the Year in 2016 - Dak Prescott. What's your point? Mine is...Running Backs aren't worth the investment.

If your offense is a good back away, or needs a centerpiece to build around, they absolutely can be. The Rams wouldn't be the Rams without Gurley. The Cowboys wouldn't be the Cowboys without Zeke. The Panthers offense would be putrid without McCaffrey. Say what you want, those offenses work bc of those players. It made sense for those teams to go high in the draft on a RB.

With the draft slotting these days, taking one high in the draft isn't as financially taxing as years past.

Advertisement
Back