Safety Zaquan Patterson commits to Miami

Advertisement
Markieth is that one that needs to add about 15 lbs then we got a player there

This is a guy I wish we'd hear more about. His HS tape shows kid who could make an open field tackle and still had alot of range as a signal-high FS.

He's always looked skinny as **** but man, I hope Feld can bulk him cause has alot of natural tools that Guidry should be able to work with

Advertisement
Just feel there’s not enough reps to make that judgment yet unless you’re going back to high school tape. In which case I worry because you have good instincts. And the green tree AA talk always makes me nervous.
For me there is enough reps I seen talent wise. But he could be a decent S one that doesn’t take risks and gives up dumb *** plays. We had talent back there that was hyper aggressive and that ain’t good sometimes. The talent in that room has taken a step back imo. Patterson has to emerge

Pause

start the 2 best -- quan and Washington db imo - Riley should play more of a style similar to our assistant db when he played

Advertisement
This is a guy I wish we'd hear more about. His HS tape shows kid who could make an open field tackle and still had alot of range as a signal-high FS.

He's always looked skinny as **** but man, I hope Feld can bulk him cause has alot of natural tools that Guidry should be able to work with
He has crazy range and speed plus willing to hit even tho being so thin, I think that's the only thing stopping him from being a decent player

Advertisement
Finally a S that doesn’t fit in his uniform
del bosque soccer GIF by Fusion

Advertisement
Spencer is a big kid (6'2 200+) and it sounds like the staff is excited about him. Venables is a D bag but the guy knows defensive prospects when he sees them.
Yup and when cribby mentioned him I’m like ok I’ll pay attention now. Waiting to see that monster unleashed. No one is talking about him. Pause

Yup and when cribby mentioned him I’m like ok I’ll pay attention now. Waiting to see that monster unleashed. No one is talking about him. Pause

I mean, his freshman year isn't worth talking about. All three of the young guys already on roster have very little production. Harris is the only guy with starts (2). I guess Williams' Rutgers performance could be a good sign for him?

From the official Canes site:

Spencer
2023 (True Freshman):
Saw action in 11 games during debut season, largely on special teams…Credited with one tackle…Made Miami debut in win over Bethune-Cookman (Sept. 14)…Played at Temple (Sept. 23)…Had first tackle at Florida State (Nov. 11).:

Williams
2023 (Redshirt Freshman):
Saw action in 11 games…Had 15 total tackles, including one tackle for loss…Credited with one PBU…Had one tackle in season opener against Miami (Ohio) (Sept. 1)…Credited with two solo tackles in back-to-back wins over Bethune-Cookman (Sept. 14) and Temple (Sept. 23)…Totaled one tackle against NC State (Nov. 4)…Had one tackle at Florida State (Nov. 11)…Ranked second on team with career-high eight tackles in 2023 Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe Bowl against Rutgers (Dec. 28).

2022 (True Freshman): Saw action in four games in first season…Totaled three tackles (two solo) with one tackle for loss…Made career debut in season opener against Bethune-Cookman (Sept. 3), finishing with one tackle…Notched two tackles, including one solo, in win at Georgia Tech (Nov. 12).

Harris
2023 (Redshirt Freshman):
Saw action in 10 games and made two starts…Finished with seven tackles and one half tackle for loss…Saw time in season opener against Miami (Ohio) (Sept. 1)…Had one tackle in win over No. 23 Texas A&M (Sept. 9)…Made first start of career against Bethune-Cookman (Sept. 14) and had one tackle…Started and totaled three tackles in win at Temple (Sept. 23)…Had one tackle in OT win over Virginia (Oct. 28)…Credited with one stop at Florida State (Nov. 11).

2022 (True Freshman): Saw action in two games in debut season…Made career debut in season opener against Bethune-Cookman (Sept. 3)…Saw action against MTSU (Sept. 24).

Jaden Harris is the fastest one of the bunch according to insidetheu.

"It’s older data, but this time last year, Jaden Harris was clocked as the fastest player on the team when he hit 22.13 miles per hour during winter workouts. The defensive back filled in nicely for Kamren Kinchens when he was injured this past season and could be a part of the rotation in the secondary again in 2024."

Jaden Harris is the fastest one of the bunch according to insidetheu.

"It’s older data, but this time last year, Jaden Harris was clocked as the fastest player on the team when he hit 22.13 miles per hour during winter workouts. The defensive back filled in nicely for Kamren Kinchens when he was injured this past season and could be a part of the rotation in the secondary again in 2024."
No they actually had Williams as the fastest

Advertisement
Back